Romney Urged Obama to Adopt Individual Healthcare Mandate

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Romney Urged Obama to Adopt the Individual Healthcare Mandate - By Andrew C. McCarthy - The Corner - National Review Online

in a 2009 op-ed for USAToday, Mitt Romney encouraged President Obama that he’d be well-served by adopting elements of the Massachusetts Romneycare plan, particularly the individual mandate.

In the context of urging on the president “the lessons we learned in Massachusetts” that “could help Washington find” a better way to reform healthcare, Gov. Romney explained, “[W]e established incentives for those who were uninsured to buy insurance. Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages ‘free riders’ to take responsibility for themselves, rather than pass their medical costs on others.”

This pretty much kills the argument that his version was a states' rights issue.

How is this guy going to debate Obama?

Romney Urged Obama to Adopt the Individual Healthcare Mandate - By Andrew C. McCarthy - The Corner - National Review Online

in a 2009 op-ed for USAToday, Mitt Romney encouraged President Obama that he’d be well-served by adopting elements of the Massachusetts Romneycare plan, particularly the individual mandate.

In the context of urging on the president “the lessons we learned in Massachusetts” that “could help Washington find” a better way to reform healthcare, Gov. Romney explained, “[W]e established incentives for those who were uninsured to buy insurance. Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages ‘free riders’ to take responsibility for themselves, rather than pass their medical costs on others.”

This pretty much kills the argument that his version was a states' rights issue.

It will be highly entertaining.

Ron Paul is right, Romney is a fake.

He's going to get creamed in a debate with Obama.

He's going to get creamed in a debate with Obama.

Somehow I think that's the plan.

futurama-politics1.jpg

Jack Johnson: [on TV] It's time someone had the courage to stand up and say: "I'm against those things that everybody hates".

John Jackson: [on TV] Now I respect my opponent. I think he's a good man but, quite frankly, I agree with everything he just said!

Fry: These are the candidates? They sound like clones. [He looks a little harder.] Wait a minute. They are clones!

Leela: Don't let their identical DNA fool you. They differ on some key issues.

Johnson: [on TV] I say your three cent titanium tax goes too far.

Jackson: [on TV] And I say your three cent titanium tax doesn't go too far enough!

C-SPAN9 Debate - Futurama - Season 2 - Ep. 3 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Somehow I think that's the plan.

It sure seems like they are doing everything they can to lose.

It kind of reminds me of how the Democrats did everything they could to lose in 2004. No offense, but Kerry?

That election should have been in the bag.

No offense taken. I can't stand Kerry and I didn't start generally backing the Dems until after I started posting on messageboards when I got out of the Air Force six years ago.

The more time I've spent around the Right Wing Nut Brigade the more and more I see them as a pile of stupid wrapped up in a used douchebag.

Forum List

Back