Obama is NOT a Good President. So Why Is He Winning With Independents?

And here is from another link:

The national median sales price of existing homes fell on a year-over-year basis for the fourteenth straight month in January, although the pace of decline was the slowest since December 2010 at -2.0%. Distressed sales (foreclosures and short sales that typically sell at steep discounts) accounted for 35% of total sales, compared to 32% in the prior month and 37% in January 2011. All-cash sales, which largely represent purchases by investors, made up 31% of transactions, were unchanged from December, and down from 32% January 2011.

In other words, the market has hit bottom. It has nothing to do with Obama and, in fact, has probably been exacerbated by his meddling.

This proves one thing....Chris, you are a moron.

At the level to which home prices were artificially inflated, doesn't it stand to reason that they would "Fall" from those false highs?

But Chris didn't make any claims related to home prices.

So you refute his claim about home sales with a non-sequitur.

I posted links that prove everything I said, and so now you insult me.

When you have the facts, argue the facts.

When you have the law, argue the law.

When you have neither, bang on the table.

You are now banging on the table.

debunked don't you mean?

Rebecca, here's the hard truth.

You are not that bright. You're a typical Obama-deranged lunatic, who will readily absorb, and repeat as fact, any spurious information you can get your hands on, so long as it's pejorative towards Obama. It's very obvious. You're flailing in this thread, as you usually are.

The problem is, there are enough other Obama-deranged lunatics who aren't that bright lurking around here to fluff your insecurities and make you feel like you have a fuck's worth of a clue what you're talking about. But, you don't.

Chris made factual statements and you're 'Refuting' them with dubious non-sequiturs.

Arguments against Chris's and my own POV do exist, but you are not nearly smart enough to articulate them.

Sorry Rhodent, but Chris made few factual statements at all. He posts a lot of links that we are supposed to somehow figure out to support his arguments.

Never, and I mean never, have I seen him actually articulate the connects needed to represent an argument.

It is little more than spam.

He is getting what he deserves.

I posted links that prove everything I said, and so now you insult me.

When you have the facts, argue the facts.

When you have the law, argue the law.

When you have neither, bang on the table.

You are now banging on the table.

debunked don't you mean?

You are not that bright. You're a typical Obama-deranged lunatic, who will readily absorb, and repeat as fact, any spurious information you can get your hands on, so long as it's pejorative towards Obama. It's very obvious. You're flailing in this thread, as you usually are.

The problem is, there are enough other Obama-deranged lunatics who aren't that bright lurking around here to fluff your insecurities and make you feel like you have a fuck's worth of a clue what you're talking about. But, you don't.

Chris made factual statements and you're 'Refuting' them with dubious non-sequiturs.

Arguments against Chris's and my own POV do exist, but you are not nearly smart enough to articulate them.
He made factual statements refuting mine? So your going with that and disreguarding the links I posted? No chris was debunked.

debunked don't you mean?

Sorry Rhodent, but Chris made few factual statements at all. He posts a lot of links that we are supposed to somehow figure out to support his arguments.

Never, and I mean never, have I seen him actually articulate the connects needed to represent an argument.

GDP has been growing since 2009.
The stock market has doubled since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since 2009.
3.7 million private sector jobs have been created since 2009.
Auto sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Unemployment is down.
GM was saved, and is now the number one automaker in the world.

These are factual statements (though some are, let's say 'Ambiguous').

Regardless of how much Anti-Obama vitriol you have 'on your side,' you can't 'debate' your way out of them.

Causation, yes.

But the factual events? No. They are in fact true.

The national median sales price of existing homes fell on a year-over-year basis for the fourteenth straight month in January, although the pace of decline was the slowest since December 2010 at -2.0%. Distressed sales (foreclosures and short sales that typically sell at steep discounts) accounted for 35% of total sales, compared to 32% in the prior month and 37% in January 2011. All-cash sales, which largely represent purchases by investors, made up 31% of transactions, were unchanged from December, and down from 32% January 2011.

In other words, the market has hit bottom. It has nothing to do with Obama and, in fact, has probably been exacerbated by his meddling.

At the level to which home prices were artificially inflated, doesn't it stand to reason that they would "Fall" from those false highs?

He posted the link. and it was refuted

debunked don't you mean?

He made factual statements refuting mine? So your going with that and disreguarding the links I posted? No chris was debunked.

His metaphor about banging the table is quite accurate.

There is nothing special about home sales. Chris has posted this spam list before and he sums it up with the recovery is going along good. Bullcrap.

First, the government is propping people up. If that were not happening the market would be further tanking allowing others to take advantage of even lower home prices. Thanks to President Obama, those lower prices are not available.

Pure Meddling......

OMAHA — Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said Saturday that he was "dead wrong" with a prediction that the U.S. housing market would begin to recover by now, but he remains optimistic about the nation's economy.

In his annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders, Buffett said he is sure housing will recover eventually and help bring down the nation's unemployment rate. But he did not predict when that will happen.

Investors eagerly await the letter from Buffett, 81, the so-called Oracle of Omaha, who built a roughly $44 billion fortune by following a steadfast, no-nonsense investing strategy.

Buffett said housing "remains in a depression of its own," but he predicted, in typical plainspoken style, that the housing market will come back because some human factors can't be denied forever.

Read more: Buffett says he was "dead wrong" in predicting housing market would be recovering by now - The Denver Post Buffett says he was "dead wrong" in predicting housing market would be recovering by now - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post

Chris can hide under your skirts all he wants....it ain't helping.

You only agree with Chris because you both believe the same lie. Chris is a turkey stick a fork in him, because he's done.

Auto sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

Regardless of how much Anti-Obama vitriol you have 'on your side,' you can't 'debate' your way out of them.

Causation, yes.

In some cases yet.

GM wasn't saved....it was reformed by the government. They didn't save anything except a lot of union jobs. GM went bankrupt.

It can be argued that unemployment has not come down due to those leaving the work search. That has been discussed on this board.

As to the conclusions Chris reaches with his facts and quasi-facts...bullcrap.

Obama will go down as one of the worst presidents in history.

Auto sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

Causation, yes.

In some cases yet.

GM wasn't saved....it was reformed by the government. They didn't save anything except a lot of union jobs. GM went bankrupt.

It can be argued that unemployment has not come down due to those leaving the work search. That has been discussed on this board.

As to the conclusions Chris reaches with his facts and quasi-facts...bullcrap.

Obama will go down as one of the worst presidents in history.

If his presidency ended today? Middle of the pack, below Clinton but well above Dubya and probly H.W. as well.

History will not be as content as you to blame Dubya's abhorrent tenure on the black guy.

I'd bet dollars to donut holes on it.

GM after the bailout built a new plant is low wage non union Mexico
If GM is doing so good why did they just layoff 1300 workers? Why didn't they transfer them to other departments?

New home sales are at an all time low
New-home sales dropped in December - Jan. 26, 2012

European shares closed lower with disappointing U.S. retail sales adding to investors' concerns after Moody's downgraded six euro zone countries late on Monday.
News Headlines

Anwyl Sees U.S. Auto Sales `Cooling Down' in Early 2012
Anwyl Sees U.S. Auto Sales `Cooling Down' in Early 2012 - The Washington Post

Where are those jobs?[/QUOTE]

Well I have averaged about 15 - 20 active contracts at a time since the market crashed under Bush in late 2008. At least until about 5 months ago. Now we have over 150 contracts to find high-end employees (those whose income is $200K - $1M+) for our clients. I've even had to hire someone to head up a new division doing nothing but middle class job contracts ($50 - $120K / year) because we've gotten a surge in demand for those.
So yes, as someone who owns a national executive recruiting firm, I can confirm from personal observation that unemployment is going down.

No they should not compromise with people whom they have nothing in common with. Let's compromise abortion will be illegal in all states but the state you live in. Hows that for a compromise?

Typical weakling tactic: Imply that ANY compromise must be something so extreme and whack, that ALL compromise must be. So your view is that the Dems should NEVER compromise with the Republicans on anything - the budget, deficit, taxes, nothing. Got it.

Every poll I have seen clearly and overwhelmingly shows that a huge majority of Americans want bi-partisanship/compromise.
Successful businesses look at a variety of ideas and often blend ideas to be successful. Small-minded and narrow thinking leads to failure. Ask any successful company which is the best approach.

Absolutely. Everyone but the extremist whackjobs wants a government that functions. Guess what? Grown-ups know that takes compromise. Whiny little whackjobs can stomp their feet and throw tantrums all they want but that doesn't mean that everyone in the entire country wants exactly what they do.

Compromise got us where we are...Jackass. The PEOPLE end up holding the short straw.

YOU really ARE an idiot, and an Obama acolyte.

YOU fool no one. :eusa_hand:

So, you are in favor of dysfunctional government? You know, it was a player in what drove down the US's credit rating? That'a boy!

Last edited:
Typical weakling tactic: Imply that ANY compromise must be something so extreme and whack, that ALL compromise must be. So your view is that the Dems should NEVER compromise with the Republicans on anything - the budget, deficit, taxes, nothing. Got it.

Absolutely. Everyone but the extremist whackjobs wants a government that functions. Guess what? Grown-ups know that takes compromise. Whiny little whackjobs can stomp their feet and throw tantrums all they want but that doesn't mean that everyone in the entire country wants exactly what they do.

Compromise got us where we are...Jackass. The PEOPLE end up holding the short straw.

So, you are in favor of dysfunctional government? You know, it was a player in what drove down the US's credit rating? That'a boy!
Are you in favor of the one we have now? Remember this current government voted for and signed into law the NDAA 2012

Are you in favor of the one we have now? Remember this current government voted for and signed into law the NDAA 2012

I never stated I was in favor of our current government. I did say that the GOP is so out of touch with Main Street America that they are helping re-elect a piss poor president. The reason is clear, a huge portion of the voting public is to the left of the far right wing driven GOP. And the GOP are making Obama look more centralist and in touch with America than he really is.

It's also a fact that a very large majority of America wants a bi-partisan government that acts like adults and works things out via compromise. The American public has seen what dysfunctional/uncompromising government doesn't get done and they don't like it one bit.

Exactly.

This guy is living in an alternative universe where up is down and black is white.

The economy has been improving since 2009.

The stimulus helped.

The stock market doubled.

No amount of whinning on the right is going to change these facts.

Interestingly enough, you bring up something that demonstrates Liberals being more willing to criticize their own. They overwhelmingly objected to Obama signing NDAA.

Also, you do realize of course that the GOP overwhelmingly supported the NDAA with the senate vote tally being 83 Y, 13 N, 1 Ab, right?
That Romney openly supports it?

Exactly.

This guy is living in an alternative universe where up is down and black is white.

The economy has been improving since 2009.

The stimulus helped.

The stock market doubled.

No amount of whinning on the right is going to change these facts.

Nobody is whining about anything Chris.

We just keep pointing out that while they are true in terms of their numbers....they do not represent an "improving economcy" as defined as something that is acceptable in the long run.

BTW: The stock market has not doubled in the sense that it has done something special. It was cut in half and it has recovered. It almost always does. The fact that you need to spin this up is funny. Especially since you credit Obama with no connecting arguments whatsoever.

You really are pretty worthless as an advocate for anything sensible.

You only spam and then you skulk away (i.e. ink off).

So, keep touting all these 'facts'....they have nothing to do with Obama and you have done nothing to show they have.

Last edited:

Interestingly enough, you bring up something that demonstrates Liberals being more willing to criticize their own. They overwhelmingly objected to Obama signing NDAA.

Also, you do realize of course that the GOP overwhelmingly supported the NDAA with the senate vote tally being 83 Y, 13 N, 1 Ab, right?

That Romney openly supports it
You think I support a mirror image of obama?

he made factual statements refuting mine? So your going with that and disreguarding the links i posted? No chris was debunked.

his metaphor about banging the table is quite accurate.

exactly.

The economy has been improving since 2009. no it has not

the stimulus helped. which stimulus 1 2 or the next one obama wants

the stock market doubled. the market is not an indicator of a health economy

no amount of whinning on the right is going to change these facts.

the whinning you think you hear must be the whining of an economy that you are helping to kill by supporting the one who is killing it.

That Romney openly supports it
You think I support a mirror image of obama?
Now now... Romney's not a mirror image of Obama. Mind you I'm very very leary of him and don't know how much of an improvement he would be... but at least I do not believe that Romney desires to harm this nation or convert it into Venezuela on the grand scale.

Forum List

Back