Obama Is Making A "Pre Buttal" To The State-Of-The-Union Speech

More taxes, taxes, taxes. Just a broken record, no solutions, rampant incompetence.

Taxes are at the lowest they've been in forty years thanks to the Bush tax cuts. This has never worked and anybody who listens to the horse shit is foolish.

After the second world war anyone who earned more than $300,000 per year paid 91% of the excess in taxes. That's how we paid our debts. It continued into the 1950's until the debt was at a reasonable level. Now after Reagan and the Bushes running up massive debts and leaving massive interest payments which must be paid each year the Republicans are trying to make it look like something Obama did. Ain't true...never was.

Last edited:
Obama: I got us to 85% Fully employed, I created record deficits without ever passing a single budget, I got our credit downgraded for the first time ever in our history and I'm asking for one more term to finish the job

Last edited:
More taxes, taxes, taxes. Just a broken record, no solutions, rampant incompetence.

Taxes are at the lowest they've been in forty years thanks to the Bush tax cuts. This has never worked and anybody who listens to the horse shit is foolish.

After the second world war anyone who earned more than $300,000 per year paid 91% of the excess in taxes. That's how we paid our debts. It continued into the 1950's until the debt was at a reasonable level. Now after Reagan and the Bushes running up massive debts and leaving massive interest payments which must be paid each year the Republicans are trying to make it look like something Obama did. Ain't true...never was.

LIFE LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

Odd not a single mention of sending our hard earned money in for redistribution.

The State of the Union sucks.

Nuff said.

State of the Union addresses do for sure. Promises, promises, seldom if ever, fulfilled. I won't be watching.. *-*

"For Obama, last year's State of the Union offers a case study in that dynamic. Speaking to a newly divided government not long after the assassination attempt on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson, Ariz., Obama pleaded for national unity, a grand goal that never came to pass as Washington quickly dissolved into one partisan dispute after another.

"Many of the particulars Obama rolled out that night proved just as hard to pull off.

"Among the initiatives Obama promoted then that have yet to come to fruition a year later: eliminating subsidies to oil companies; replacing No Child Left Behind with a better education law; making a tuition tax credit permanent; rewriting immigration laws; and reforming the tax system.

Read more: Obama Has Mixed Record On Planned State Of The Union Goals | Fox News

Republicans never do anything which costs a lot except tax cuts for their buddies and wars!

John Kennedy pledged to send a man to the moon and return him safely to the earth by the end of the 60's. I guess everybody remembers how that one turned out.

John Kennedy also used tax cuts to spur the economy...I guess liberals have forgotten how that turned out as well...

So would you like to explain why even Christina Romer has come out and said that raising taxes (as you so desperately want to do...) on ANYONE in a weak economy is a bad idea? Sorry, Cam...but if you can't even get a dyed in the wool liberal Keynesian like Romer to sign onto your progressive nonsense it's obvious that it's nothing more than an election year attempt at populism.

Odd not a single mention of sending our hard earned money in for redistribution.

You don't get it do you. That Republican horse shit is a long way from the truth:

3-27-08tax2-f2.jpg

You don't get it do you. That Republican horse shit is a long way from the truth:

3-27-08tax2-f2.jpg

Ive seen your graph. It proves nothing as you are not intelligent enough to lay out any correlation.

Let's see..

Saved the American auto industry.
Job growth.
Killed Bin Laden.
Lockerbie's author, Gaddafi dead.
Manufacturing plants coming BACK to America.

Seems like the opposite of failure from where I sit.

So would you like to explain why even Christina Romer has come out and said that raising taxes (as you so desperately want to do...) on ANYONE in a weak economy is a bad idea? Sorry, Cam...but if you can't even get a dyed in the wool liberal Keynesian like Romer to sign onto your progressive nonsense it's obvious that it's nothing more than an election year attempt at populism.

He just doesn't get it.

Raising taxes on the wealthy, because thats the tax raises they are talking about, in this economy will make some folks feel good but it sure won't help the economy.

They should be working on the tax loopholes, tax breaks, subsidies and entitlements.

Let's see..

Job growth.
Killed Bin Laden.

Me too and that bird who just said my chart showing how well the upper tier of Americans has made out since Reagan cut taxes for the wealthy didn't make sense has his head so far up his ass he will never see daylight or smell fresh air again. It ain't rocket science....For the first time in our history Reagan cut taxes for the wealthy and borrowed from foreign banks to cover the shortfall. I'll bet none of these Republican pricks who post here run their personal business like that. It's would be like somebody who has four credit cards maxed out paying one off and immediately running out and buying a new Mercedes. Giving tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans and borrowing trillions from foreign banks to fund them has to be the absolute most stupid goddam thing I ever heard of.

Last edited:
Let's see..

Job growth.
Killed Bin Laden.

Oh yeah. He's a savior all right.

Saved the American Auto industry - Yep. He used taxpayers dollars for that one and only part of that has been payed back. They used other taxpayer money, i.e. TARP, to pay back part of it. Who cares if those that had 401K's, retirements and personal money invested got hosed. Barry had to pay back his big Union campaign contributors.

Job Growth - slow, slow and slow. UE is still at 8.5

UBL-That one I'll give credit for. He actually had the balls to order the hit. God bless our Navy Seals for getting it done.

Quadaffi - Not so much. Last I heard that was a NATO deal and the Brits and French were heading that. I'm sure we were behind the scenes but they were the lead. His own people offed his ass.

Manufacturing PLants coming back - How many. One, ten, a hundred and where exactly are they coming back too??

Yep. He's our saviour all right.

Let's see..

Job growth.
Killed Bin Laden.

Oh yeah. He's a savior all right.

Saved the American Auto industry - Yep. He used taxpayers dollars for that one and only part of that has been payed back. They used other taxpayer money, i.e. TARP, to pay back part of it. Who cares if those that had 401K's, retirements and personal money invested got hosed. Barry had to pay back his big Union campaign contributors.

Job Growth - slow, slow and slow. UE is still at 8.5

UBL-That one I'll give credit for. He actually had the balls to order the hit. God bless our Navy Seals for getting it done.

Quadaffi - Not so much. Last I heard that was a NATO deal and the Brits and French were heading that. I'm sure we were behind the scenes but they were the lead. His own people offed his ass.

Manufacturing PLants coming back - How many. One, ten, a hundred and where exactly are they coming back too??

Yep. He's our saviour all right.

Sure is.

Under Bush everything I posted was going in the opposite direction.

GM was failing. 50K factories closed up. Jobs were going bye bye. Deficits were being run up with absolutely no provision to pay for them. Add in Bush handed two clusterfucks, Iraq and Afghanistan over to Obama.

Failure..in it's truest form..was the Bush administration.

And that's the record you guys want to go back to.

He says Obama's policies aren't working.

Two Things:

1) The Republican's deal is....they vowed to block anything he tried

2) The 1% is working:

3-27-08tax2-f2.jpg

I do like the pre-buttal phrase.

Making an ass out of himself coming and going.

Debt and Deficit sure don't back you up there S.

Barry has been POTUS for 3 years and racked up quite a score there my friend.

Debt and Deficit sure don't back you up there S.

Barry has been POTUS for 3 years and racked up quite a score there my friend.

The NYT just did a side by side comparision between Obama and Bush. Bush added 5 trillion to the debt..and Obama added 1.5 trillion.

Once the Tax cuts sunset and the cuts due to the trigger go into effect..it looks as if the deficit will reverse.

And that's if NOTHING is done.

I in for the NOTHING being done..and reversing the deficit.

You? :eusa_whistle:

How bout the deficit there S?? Barry has added to that my friend.

I'd be as happy as a pig in shit if this country was back to work.

I'd also be a happy pig if the economy took off like a rocket.

If Barry does something, anything, to make that happen then I'll be on his bandwagon in a NY minute.

Unfortunately I don't think it IS gonna happen. Not with Barry at the helm.

How bout the deficit there S?? Barry has added to that my friend.

I'd be as happy as a pig in shit if this country was back to work.

I'd also be a happy pig if the economy took off like a rocket.

If Barry does something, anything, to make that happen then I'll be on his bandwagon in a NY minute.

Unfortunately I don't think it IS gonna happen. Not with Barry at the helm.

Which is it? Cutting the deficit or getting people back to work?

Because cutting the deficit means you are going to fire people. That really explains the sluggish job growth. Net hiring looks bad..because lots of government workers are losing their jobs.

Obama's got it right. Spending on infrastructure is good for both short term jobs and long term growth. Doing that..is also smart because it adds to government revenue in a very real way.

Forum List

Back