President Biden’s 2024 State of the Union Address

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The President will address a Joint Session of Congress at the United States Capitol on Thursday, March 7, 2024 at 9 PM ET.

Biden’s State of the Union address is seriously high stakes

I am looking forward to it. I am hoping that President Biden can tout all the good things he has done for America! He doesn't get nearly enough credit for all the positive things he has done! However, I admit I've been disappointed regarding his handling of the Israeli/Palestinian disaster, but I will still vote for him in November. What do you think?

Last edited:
1709689389670.png

The President will address a Joint Session of Congress at the United States Capitol on Thursday, March 7, 2024 at 9 PM ET.

I am looking forward to it. I am hoping that President Biden can tout all the good things he has done for America! He doesn't get nearly enough credit for all the positive things he has done! However, I admit I've been disappointed regarding his handling of the Israeli/Palestinian disaster, but I will still vote for him in November. What do you think?
I am looking forward to it. I am hoping that President Biden can tout all the good things he has done for America!

That will make it the shortest SOTU on record.

Biden’s State of the Union address is seriously high stakes​

The president will be judged not just on the words he utters but on how he utters them.

The State of the Union may be one of the most vastly overrated speeches in all of politics. But not this year.

The address President Joe Biden is set to deliver on Thursday night will come as the president faces intensifying worries about his age and vitality and a host of confounding international crises and domestic challenges. That backdrop has dramatically heightened the stakes for the White House, with millions of viewers tuning in not just to hear the words he utters but how he physically delivers them.

“Vitality is, of course, front and center,” said Patrick Gaspard, a former Obama official who now heads the liberal think tank Center for American Progress. For as much effort goes into the content of the speech, he added, over the long run “people won’t remember what you say. But they’ll remember how you make them feel.”

The White House recognizes the significance. It’s planning to use the State of the Union to portray America as in the midst of a historic revival on Biden’s watch, driven by his administration’s efforts to strengthen the working class and build a thriving economy.

And it’s eager to use the address to cast the 2024 race as a critical choice between continuing to expand on that progress — or tumbling backwards under a Donald Trump presidency that would pose an existential threat to the nation’s democratic principles.

Much more at the link below...

I’m thinking his accomplishments will take a few seconds to spell out. I’m also thinking the Israel/terrorist war is all on the terrorists. The sooner they’re all dead the better.

President Biden Top Accomplishments
  • Lowering Costs of Families' Everyday Expenses.
  • More People Are Working Than At Any Point in American History.
  • Making More in America.
  • Rescued the Economy and Changed the Course of the Pandemic.
  • Rebuilding our Infrastructure.
  • Historic Expansion of Benefits and Services for Toxic Exposed Veterans.
  • Advanced cutting-edge research on cancer and other diseases through the ARPA-H initiative
  • Signed legislation to put more cops on the beat and invest in community policing
  • Signed the Electoral Count Act, which takes long overdue steps to protect the integrity of our elections
  • Lowered the cost of hearing aids by making them available over the counter
  • Created more manufacturing jobs in 2022 than in any single year in nearly 30 years
  • Signed an Executive Order to encourage competition across industries
  • Took action to lower energy costs for families
  • Lowered seniors’ health care expenses, including by capping out of pocket expenses on prescription drugs for seniors at $2,000 per year, ensuring that people enrolled in Medicare will not pay more than $35 for a month’s supply of insulin, and recipients will receive free vaccines
  • Accelerated adoption of electric vehicles by reducing costs for families, jumpstarted the first national EV charging network, and made historic investments into EV batteries and materials
  • Rejoined the Paris Agreement on day one to reassert the United States global leadership to combat the climate crisis
  • Jumpstarted the American offshore wind industry and convened the nation’s first federal-state offshore wind partnership
  • Set new policies to reduce super pollutants like HFCs and methane to protect communities and reduce emissions fueling climate change
  • Lowered the deficit with the single largest annual reduction in American history
  • Secured commitments from 20 leading internet providers to increase speeds and cut prices
  • Signed legislation to reauthorize and strengthen the Violence Against Women Act
  • Awarded the most ever federal contracting dollars to small businesses and disadvantaged small businesses
  • Reignited the Cancer Moonshot with the goal of cutting the cancer death rate by at least half over the next 25 years
  • Appointed a record number of women and people of color to serve in his Administration
  • Hosted the first White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health in over 50 years and released a National Strategy to end hunger and reduce diet-related diseases and disparities by 2030
  • Awarded more than $1 billion to initiate cleanup and clear the backlog of 49 previously unfunded Superfund sites, over $250 million to clean up hundreds of contaminated brownfield sites and $725 million for abandoned mine lands
  • Restored protections for Bears Ears, Grand Staircase-Escalante, and Northeast Canyons and Seamounts National Monuments and designated Camp Hale-Continental Divide National Monument to conserve our lands and waters, honor our nation’s veterans, protect Tribal cultural resources, and support jobs and America’s outdoor recreation economy
  • Signed an Executive Order on Improving Public Safety and Criminal Justice for Native Americans and Addressing the Crisis of Missing and Murdered Indigenous People
  • Invested historic funding for Tribal governments and Native communities
  • Mailed over 740 million free COVID-19 tests directly to tens of millions of Americans
    Source: Department of Health and Human Services

• Advanced cutting-edge research on cancer and other diseases through the ARPA-H initiative
  • Signed legislation to put more cops on the beat and invest in community policing
  • Signed the Electoral Count Act, which takes long overdue steps to protect the integrity of our elections
  • Created more manufacturing jobs in 2022 than in any single year in nearly 30 years
  • Lowered seniors’ health care expenses, including by capping out of pocket expenses on prescription drugs for seniors at $2,000 per year, ensuring that people enrolled in Medicare will not pay more than $35 for a month’s supply of insulin, and recipients will receive free vaccines
  • Accelerated adoption of electric vehicles by reducing costs for families, jumpstarted the first national EV charging network, and made historic investments into EV batteries and materials
  • Rejoined the Paris Agreement on day one to reassert the United States global leadership to combat the climate crisis
  • Jumpstarted the American offshore wind industry and convened the nation’s first federal-state offshore wind partnership
  • Set new policies to reduce super pollutants like HFCs and methane to protect communities and reduce emissions fueling climate change
  • Lowered the deficit with the single largest annual reduction in American history
  • Secured commitments from 20 leading internet providers to increase speeds and cut prices
  • Signed legislation to reauthorize and strengthen the Violence Against Women Act
  • Awarded the most ever federal contracting dollars to small businesses and disadvantaged small businesses
  • Reignited the Cancer Moonshot with the goal of cutting the cancer death rate by at least half over the next 25 years
  • Appointed a record number of women and people of color to serve in his Administration
  • Hosted the first White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health in over 50 years and released a National Strategy to end hunger and reduce diet-related diseases and disparities by 2030
  • Awarded more than $1 billion to initiate cleanup and clear the backlog of 49 previously unfunded Superfund sites, over $250 million to clean up hundreds of contaminated brownfield sites and $725 million for abandoned mine lands
  • Restored protections for Bears Ears, Grand Staircase-Escalante, and Northeast Canyons and Seamounts National Monuments and designated Camp Hale-Continental Divide National Monument to conserve our lands and waters, honor our nation’s veterans, protect Tribal cultural resources, and support jobs and America’s outdoor recreation economy
  • Signed an Executive Order on Improving Public Safety and Criminal Justice for Native Americans and Addressing the Crisis of Missing and Murdered Indigenous People
  • Mailed over 740 million free COVID-19 tests directly to tens of millions of Americans
your list starts off with a lie

I couldn’t even get past the first point. Are you fucking kidding with that?

Biden’s State of the Union address is seriously high stakes

That’s awesome. I hope Mike Johnson has a big poster made to hang behind Biden that has the picture of Laken Riley on it, with a caption something like “when will you acknowledge this murder, President Biden??”

Hahahahahahahaha. Cult!

That’s awesome. I hope Mike Johnson has a big poster made to hang behind Biden that has the picture of Laken Riley on it, with a caption something like “when will you acknowledge this murder, President Biden??”

Don't forget Nex Benedict!

1709692911361.png

Nex Benedict was a 16-year-old non-binary American student who died after an incident at their high school on February 7, 2024. According to their mother and friends, Benedict had experienced bullying from students due to their gender identity for more than a year before their death. Wikipedia

Forum List

Back