Obama Is Gonna Win In November...

I think you are reading too much into it.

Our system is resistant to change. Obama will win because we usually don't throw out incumbants unless things are really bad.

It is rare for a party to be thrown out of the presidency after only one term. The last time it happened was in 1980. The time before it happened was 1892, and that was dubious because you could have a real debate about who won in 1888.

The real problem I see is why does the GOP have such weak candidates.

I did not think it was possible to run a worst campaign than the Republicans ran last time.

But they may be able to do it.

They are tone deaf politically.

LOL You are soooo Funny..........

politicususaheader8.18.11.jpg

General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Romney (R) Spread

Rasmussen Reports 2/10 - 2/12 1500 LV 48 42 Obama +6
Pew Research 2/8 - 2/12 1172 RV 52 44 Obama +8
FOX News 2/6 - 2/9 1110 RV 47 42 Obama +5
Reuters/Ipsos 2/2 - 2/6 881 RV 48 42 Obama +6
ABC News/Wash Post 2/1 - 2/4 879 RV 51 45 Obama +6

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Let's wait until there is an actual campaign........... Then your numbers might mean something.....

General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Romney (R) Spread

Rasmussen Reports 2/10 - 2/12 1500 LV 48 42 Obama +6
Pew Research 2/8 - 2/12 1172 RV 52 44 Obama +8
FOX News 2/6 - 2/9 1110 RV 47 42 Obama +5
Reuters/Ipsos 2/2 - 2/6 881 RV 48 42 Obama +6
ABC News/Wash Post 2/1 - 2/4 879 RV 51 45 Obama +6

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Let's wait until there is an actual campaign........... Then your numbers might mean something.....

NOt really.

Mitt Romney has been beaten by -

Ted Kennedy
Devall Patrick (Romney didn't even show up to that fight.)
Mike Huckabee
John McCain
Newt Gingrich
Rick Santorum

Almost lost to Ron Paul in Maine if they didn't cheat by stopping the count in one county.

He did beat a non-entity named Shannon O'Brien once. Because the Greens and Democrats split the vote. Apparently "electability" does not actually include the ability to win elections.

The thing about Mitt Romney is the more people get to know him, the less they like him.

He's trailing by six points now, what's he going to do after the mainstream media starts running exposes on racism in the Mormon Church and the Labor Super PAC starts putting on crying AmPad wokers?

The only thing keeping this fool afloat is that he's able to outspend Gingrich and Santorum by 5-1 and these guys are still dividing the Conservative Vote.

Neither of which is going to be the case when he's in a one on one with Barack Obama and his billion dollar war chest.

Sadly, I believe Obama will win.
1# Improving economy
2# Romney is very moderate socially. Has a past of being pro choice and anti-gun. Going to scare off the right wing of the gop.
3# If Obama keeps us out of war with Iran...He will get a boost!

Guess you have not noticed that santorum is beating romney in the polls. Also, we dont need the white house, to keep the house and win the senate would work just as well.

Last edited:
I am sort of psyching myself up for an Obama win.

I still think it's too close to call though. I think folks are underestimating Romney's strengths and his ability to explain them.

Right now the unemployment numbers look like they will be the dominant factor but the Supreme Court could change the whole game this summer with the ruling on ACA.

There are still over 1200 delegates to be awarded, and you are all acting like Romney has the nomination already.

just like Clinton won in '96...

I don't like it either... but, sorry, y'all... that's what's gonna happen... get used to it...

True, which is a good thing for republicans – it guarantees they’ll be back in the WH come 2017, and likely several elections after that.

Pity republicans can’t get past their inane, blind hate for Obama and realize that.

If obama wins another term, I have a feeling it will be the last free election held in America.

I am voting for anyone but him

that's the attitude, from the partisans on both sides, that has us 15 trillion in debt. i hope we wake up one day and vote for fiscally responsible people instead of just party.

Obama has us 15 trillion in debt, not the GOP during his administration. He and the democrats ran shit for two full years, that got us in 5 trillion more debt than when they first took office. If people are tired of anything, it would be the democrats running shit since 2006, as was obvious in the 2010 elections.

Sadly, I believe Obama will win.
1# Improving economy
2# Romney is very moderate socially. Has a past of being pro choice and anti-gun. Going to scare off the right wing of the gop.
3# If Obama keeps us out of war with Iran...He will get a boost!

1# Cooked Books.
2#The Right Wing is not going to choose Obama over Romney.
3# Obama acts more like a Dictator than a President, especially concerning Foreign Policy.

1) prove it
2) so what
3) no he isn't stop lying

Yes, he is. If you listened to the state of the union address he said he would send legislation to the congress, the president does not send legislation to the congress, it's the exact opposite, the congress sends legislation to the president, unless of course the presidents a dictator and feels he has the authority to write law, which apparently this one does.

It is possible that Obama could get a second term.

But he does it at the expense of the entire country.........

He is a failure as President. It is beyond any doubt, "Above his pay grade".

The question he was being asked was a moral question best reserved to God. I thought it was a poorly worded answer.

But compared to "I like to be able to fire people" and "I'm not concerned with the very poor", meh, not so much.

Not an Obama Fan, and on behalf of the State of Illinois - I am so very sorry.

But Romney is such an awful candidate that he's probably going to walk to a second term.

I didn't know romney was the nominee yet. When did this happen?

Democrats won't tell the truth, and will silence anyone who does tell the truth. Bin Laden wasn't fighting to Soviets in Afghanistan. He wasn't in Afghanistan. He was bombing embassies in Africa, but it's one of the left's favorite myths. Gas prices aren't stable. They go up a cent or two twice a week and will be well above $4.00 a gallon by summer. Inflation is sending food prices well beyond afforability. The brightening unemployment picture isn't. There is an accounting gimmick. People kind of know when they are unemployed. When obama involuntarily separates 100,000 men and women from the miitary it's not going to help. The assault on freedom of religion isn't going away. If that was all, but it's not. Many people who aren't even Christian don't want to pay for someone else's elective medical care.

The stories will keep coming and keep coming. If obama wins it will be because the ignorance of Americans has reached its nadir.

It is possible that Obama could get a second term.

But he does it at the expense of the entire country.........

He is a failure as President. It is beyond any doubt, "Above his pay grade".

The question he was being asked was a moral question best reserved to God. I thought it was a poorly worded answer.

But compared to "I like to be able to fire people" and "I'm not concerned with the very poor", meh, not so much.

Not an Obama Fan, and on behalf of the State of Illinois - I am so very sorry.

But Romney is such an awful candidate that he's probably going to walk to a second term.

I didn't know romney was the nominee yet. When did this happen?

I'll probably vote Santorum on Super Tuesday, But I would vote Romney over Obama...

Wow. I think I'll wait to see who the GOP candidate is and at least wait for a debate or two before I make a prediction.

1. The majority of Americans do not like Obamacare.
2. The US was downgraded on Obama's watch.
3. Obama won't get the "I want to see history with a black man" vote this time.

Right now the only way I vote for Obama is if Ron Paul gets the nomination.

Oh yea, #4, Obama told us it was un-American to add to the debt like Presidnet Bush did. Yet, Obama has added much more on his watch.

Last edited:
just like Clinton won in '96...

I don't like it either... but, sorry, y'all... that's what's gonna happen... get used to it...

True, which is a good thing for republicans – it guarantees they’ll be back in the WH come 2017, and likely several elections after that.

Pity republicans can’t get past their inane, blind hate for Obama and realize that.

If obama wins another term, I have a feeling it will be the last free election held in America.

could that be because you're a moron?

Bottom line is this...it's going to come down to the economy.

It's been so bad for so long that even an 8.3% unemployment rate is being touted as an "accomplishment" of the Obama Administration. Think about that...

We've got 9 months until the elections in November. Gas prices are predicted to be going back up over $4 a gallon this Spring, something which will not help the economy. The situation in Europe remains volatile, something which could affect our economy profoundly. The situation in the Middle East with both Iran building a nuke and the so called "Arab Spring" could turn ugly for us at any moment once again affecting the world economy.

Barack Obama is walking a knifes edge at the moment. Yes, he's had an improvement in the economy since taking office,,,something which should come as no surprise to anyone who studies recessions and recoveries. The truth is however that very few of "his" policies have been responsible for that improvement. ObamaCare certainly didn't help the economy, nor will it going forward. The Obama Stimulus certainly made his numbers look less abysmal by artificially propping them up but the cost of that was a huge spike in our deficit and the first credit downgrade in our nation's history. Unemployment numbers have come down but long term unemployment remains shockingly high.

So there sits Barry...crossing his fingers that things don't blow up on him over the next 9 months. He'll have all the money in the world to throw at whoever the GOP candidate is but if the economy goes south on him all that money won't convince people that he has answers to fix things because let's face it, Kiddies...he hasn't had answers for several years now.

Forum List

Back