Obama cuts funding for school because it rejected Michelle's lunch program

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Obozo is the worst but feds have been using this tactic for decades. The feds take money from the states via the income tax and then say "we'll give it back if you do what we want". Most states get 1/3 of their funding from this returned money and have no choice.

Obama Finds Vicious Way to Get Revenge on School That Ditched Michelle s Horrible Lunches

june 6 2015
President Barack Obama is a petty and vindictive man who not only endlessly berates his political opponents, but also punishes schools that reject his wife’s horrible lunches.

Case in point: Obama chose to redact $170,000 in funding for a Minnesota school that opted out of First LadyMichelle Obama’s school lunch program.

Prior Lake High School had to raise lunch prices from $2.45 to $2.95 to make up for the loss, though it stood firm in its decision because Michelle’s program was hurting the kids.

“Under the federal program, the serving sizes did not meet the needs of our students,” Janeen Peterson, the district’s director of food services, explained to reporters.

Because Prior Lake High School exited the program, students are now free to “take the serving sizes they want, free from constraint,” which means that they don’t have to contend with feeling hungry all day anymore

Obozo is the worst but feds have been using this tactic for decades. The feds take money from the states via the income tax and then say "we'll give it back if you do what we want". Most states get 1/3 of their funding from this returned money and have no choice.

Obama Finds Vicious Way to Get Revenge on School That Ditched Michelle s Horrible Lunches

june 6 2015
President Barack Obama is a petty and vindictive man who not only endlessly berates his political opponents, but also punishes schools that reject his wife’s horrible lunches.

Case in point: Obama chose to redact $170,000 in funding for a Minnesota school that opted out of First LadyMichelle Obama’s school lunch program.

Prior Lake High School had to raise lunch prices from $2.45 to $2.95 to make up for the loss, though it stood firm in its decision because Michelle’s program was hurting the kids.

“Under the federal program, the serving sizes did not meet the needs of our students,” Janeen Peterson, the district’s director of food services, explained to reporters.

Because Prior Lake High School exited the program, students are now free to “take the serving sizes they want, free from constraint,” which means that they don’t have to contend with feeling hungry all day anymore

Yeah. I'll accept this source. Sure. :mm:

• Banned
I guess the OP doesn't know about Title 1 funds and free & reduced lunch funds.....they come from the Feds....who have rules if you take the money.

You have no idea what this tread is about do you?

I guess the OP doesn't know about Title 1 funds and free & reduced lunch funds.....they come from the Feds....who have rules if you take the money.

You have no idea what this tread is about do you?

Yeah. It's about a nonsense blog done with absolutely no support about something that almost certainly never happened. It is possible some school failed to meet the requirements for federal assistance, but the idea that the president was behind it is absurd. To accept that story without doing a hell of a lot of checking is just believing whatever you're told because you want to believe it.

june 6 2015

The school made the choose to lose funding. The funding acts as an incentive, you nitwit.

Obama didn't cut anything.

The school did this to themselves.

Fact can be your friends if you try.

No surprise here

He's one vindictive pos thug ...
to get back at "we the people "for complaining about his OscamCare and wanting it repealed.....look at all he shut down when the government did. All our National Parks and memorials.

How can anyone forget this sight

I still can't believe this is what you people VOTED for

No surprise here

He's one vindictive pos thug ...
to get back at "we the people "for complaining about his OscamCare and wanting it repealed.....look at all he shut down when the government did. All our National Parks and memorials.

How can anyone forget this sight

I still can't believe this is what you people VOTED for

Another person who will believe anything so long as its want they want to believe.

june 6 2015

What legislation gives Obama the authority to cut funding for any school or school district?

What legislation gives Obama the authority to cut funding for any school or school district?
I imagine its the same legislation that gives him the right to dictate immigration policy,, oh wait, that's right, congress holds the purse strings, obama has NO RIGHT to cut funding.

I imagine its the same legislation that gives him the right to dictate immigration policy,, oh wait, that's right, congress holds the purse strings, obama has NO RIGHT to cut funding.

Somebody imagined the whole thing. The President hasn't cut funding to the school.

Somebody imagined the whole thing. The President hasn't cut funding to the school.

HAHA. Yeah right. Obozo does stuff like this all the time. He tells states "do what i say or i won't return the money i took from you in the first place".

Forum List

Back