Go Figure- Missouri, Alabama Schools Drop Michelle O’s Lunch Program

A grazing FLOTUS pushing carb counts, like Foolmberg giving up armed protection, I'm sure this was never expected.

-Geaux

Missouri, Alabama schools drop Michelle O’s lunch program

CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. – New federal school food regulations promoted by First Lady Michelle Obama are becoming a massive headache for many schools that participate in the National School Lunch Program.

And many, like Missouri’s Notre Dame Regional and Saxony Lutheran high schools, are taking matters into their own hands.

Those schools and numerous others across the country are ditching the federal regulations and the funding that comes with them to save their cafeteria programs, which have experienced a nose-dive in sales and skyrocketing waste since the new rules were implemented in 2012.

At Notre Dame, school officials turned to the professionals at My Daddy’s Cheesecake, Papa John’s, Tractors Classic American Grill and Chick-fil-A to bring in nutritious and tasty meals students enjoy for “restaurant Wednesdays,” SEMissourian.com reports.

Notre Dame’s lunch participation had dropped to about half of its 565 students and 65 faculty members under the federal guidelines, but jumped drastically to about 75 percent once officials did away with the tight restrictions on calories, fat, sodium, whole grains, and numerous other aspects of school meals.

RELATED: Michelle O’s snack rules end special ed students’ coffee cart

Missouri Alabama schools drop Michelle O 8217 s lunch program - EAGnews.org

Those schools are stupid

you can feed kids whatever the fuck you want AND get the government money. DUH

Indeed. It seems these schools have more money than brains.

"Waste?" I wonder if they've heard of...umm...buying less?

Pretty radical concept.
Pretty radical concept to want kids to actually eat lunch?

I'll bet a thousand dollars that you have no idea what the program actually entails.

Question. The program specifically says that OVS meals for 11th grade children can contain no more than 850 calories. Does that mean a school can't serve a meal with more than 850 calories?

@depotoo you done googling yet son?

Last edited:
1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obama’s food standards

The federal government’s changes to school lunch menus have been disastrous, causing problems for cafeterias trying to comply with the rules and leaving the menu so expensive or unpalatable that more than 1 million students have stopped buying lunch, according to a government audit released Thursday.

Read more: 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obama s food standards - Washington Times

=============================================================

5 REASONS MICHELLE OBAMA'S SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM IS A GIANT FAIL

michelle-obama-school-lunch2-ap.jpg

On Thursday, Michelle Obama declared that Republicans were playing politics with children’s health by seeking to cut funding for her failed school lunch initiative, which has cost taxpayers billions of dollars without making kids healthier.
But the First Lady is convinced she is doing the work parents won’t. “We are seeing glimmers of progress,” she writes in The New York Times. “Tens of millions of kids are getting better nutrition in school; families are thinking more carefully about food they eat, cook and buy; companies are rushing to create healthier products to meet the growing demand; and the obesity rate is finally beginning to fall from its peak among our youngest children.”

Like her husband, the First Lady apparently has no problem taking credit for events entirely beyond her control.

5 Reasons Michelle Obama s School Lunch Program Is a Giant Fail

A grazing FLOTUS pushing carb counts, like Foolmberg giving up armed protection, I'm sure this was never expected.

-Geaux

Missouri, Alabama schools drop Michelle O’s lunch program

CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. – New federal school food regulations promoted by First Lady Michelle Obama are becoming a massive headache for many schools that participate in the National School Lunch Program.

And many, like Missouri’s Notre Dame Regional and Saxony Lutheran high schools, are taking matters into their own hands.

Those schools and numerous others across the country are ditching the federal regulations and the funding that comes with them to save their cafeteria programs, which have experienced a nose-dive in sales and skyrocketing waste since the new rules were implemented in 2012.

At Notre Dame, school officials turned to the professionals at My Daddy’s Cheesecake, Papa John’s, Tractors Classic American Grill and Chick-fil-A to bring in nutritious and tasty meals students enjoy for “restaurant Wednesdays,” SEMissourian.com reports.

Notre Dame’s lunch participation had dropped to about half of its 565 students and 65 faculty members under the federal guidelines, but jumped drastically to about 75 percent once officials did away with the tight restrictions on calories, fat, sodium, whole grains, and numerous other aspects of school meals.

RELATED: Michelle O’s snack rules end special ed students’ coffee cart

Missouri Alabama schools drop Michelle O 8217 s lunch program - EAGnews.org

Those schools are stupid

you can feed kids whatever the fuck you want AND get the government money. DUH

Indeed. It seems these schools have more money than brains.

"Waste?" I wonder if they've heard of...umm...buying less?

Pretty radical concept.
Pretty radical concept to want kids to actually eat lunch?

Who said anything about not wanting hungry kids to eat lunch?

The bitching was about WASTE. If the food is not being eaten, then the kids are not hungry, don't make so fucking much, and eliminate waste.

The federal government’s changes to school lunch menus have been disastrous, causing problems for cafeterias trying to comply with the rules and leaving the menu so expensive or unpalatable that more than 1 million students have stopped buying lunch, according to a government audit released Thursday.

Read more: 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obama s food standards - Washington Times

On Thursday, Michelle Obama declared that Republicans were playing politics with children’s health by seeking to cut funding for her failed school lunch initiative, which has cost taxpayers billions of dollars without making kids healthier.
But the First Lady is convinced she is doing the work parents won’t. “We are seeing glimmers of progress,” she writes in The New York Times. “Tens of millions of kids are getting better nutrition in school; families are thinking more carefully about food they eat, cook and buy; companies are rushing to create healthier products to meet the growing demand; and the obesity rate is finally beginning to fall from its peak among our youngest children.”

Like her husband, the First Lady apparently has no problem taking credit for events entirely beyond her control.

I don't see 5 reasons the program is a fail??

I don't see 5 reasons the program is a fail??

Did you check out the link?

-Geaux

5 reasons...........We've been down this road before.........

1. Schools must raise the prices on students paying for the lunches to match the Gov'ts money.
2. Paying students are buying less meals because they don't want the new meals.
3. The amount served is low in Calories and kids need carbs especially in athletes.
4. Refer to #3. The athletes can be ALLOWED to get more food because of their activity. I have a serious problem
with the word ALLOWED..........kinda like a permission slip to eat more food from the powers to be. It's a freaking lunch.
Why the hell are we getting so dang stupid about something that was simple before this junk came up.
5. The kids are throwing the food into the trash cans. They don't want it.
6. The old program wasn't broken irregardless of the propaganda going on about it. If it isn't broke dont' fix it.
7. Why are we feeding them 3 TIMES A DAY. Can't their parents at least feed them once a day?
8. It's more money that we have to BORROW to spend.
9. Schools have already went beyond the actual law and tried to stop kids from brown bagging it. While it is not in the law, the schools
don't get Federal Funds unless they meet the guidelines in the law.
10. I'm just tired of the Gov't trying to stick it's noses in every damned thing.

5 reasons...........We've been down this road before.........

1. Schools must raise the prices on students paying for the lunches to match the Gov'ts money.
untrue
2. Paying students are buying less meals because they don't want the new meals.
fire whoever is cooking at your school and hire a decent cook. Duh
3. The amount served is low in Calories and kids need carbs especially in athletes.
4. Refer to #3. The athletes can be ALLOWED to get more food because of their activity. I have a serious problem
with the word ALLOWED..........kinda like a permission slip to eat more food from the powers to be. It's a freaking lunch.
Frankly, who cares what you have a problem with. And yes the calories are less, per meal. But not in total for the day

5. The kids are throwing the food into the trash cans. They don't want it.
This is a rehash of number two and the solution is still the same. Hire decent help at your cafeteria
6. The old program wasn't broken irregardless of the propaganda going on about it. If it isn't broke dont' fix it.
A system that has hungry kids not getting a meal til 11 AM is broken
7. Why are we feeding them 3 TIMES A DAY. Can't their parents at least feed them once a day?
That's a good question. Do you suggest we outlaw shitty parents, just let kids go hungry, or feed kids? I prefer the last option
8. It's more money that we have to BORROW to spend.
So the Navy has to make do with 12 aircraft carriers instead of 14 aircraft carriers this decade, I'm pretty sure they'll survive.
9. Schools have already went beyond the actual law and tried to stop kids from brown bagging it. While it is not in the law, the schools
don't get Federal Funds unless they meet the guidelines in the law.
Local problem, the federal government is not ordering idiots to be idiots.
10. I'm just tired of the Gov't trying to stick it's noses in every damned thing.
How do you feel about drug testing welfare recipients?

Good..............It's a waste.............as the kids dump the food anyway.

ROLL TIDE!
You just can't make kids eat what they don't want. I posted this months/years ago when Michelle made her plans known. What WAS she thinkin`? :badgrin:

Of course you can make kids eat what they don't want to eat. You just have to choose to be their parent rather than their "buddy"

I started to look up the data as posted the last time we engaged bear, but it's a waste of my time.

I quoted the law there on the raising of prices on that thread. You didn't say untrue then. I showed that data there.

Who cares what you think...............aka a DICTATOR MENTALITY...........OBEY..............same as ALLOW over a freaking lunch. Alabama told the Feds and you quite frankly to STFU............and it appears there isn't a damned thing you can do about it.

ROLL TIDE!

I started to look up the data as posted the last time we engaged bear, but it's a waste of my time.

I quoted the law there on the raising of prices on that thread. You didn't say untrue then. I showed that data there.

Who cares what you think...............aka a DICTATOR MENTALITY...........OBEY..............same as ALLOW over a freaking lunch. Alabama told the Feds and you quite frankly to STFU............and it appears there isn't a damned thing you can do about it.

ROLL TIDE!

If you posted some data in the other thread, I missed it.

Anyway, there isn't a damned thing I want to do if you and others are too stupid to figure out how to make good food that qualifies for OVS reimbursement. That's your choice.

ROLL TIDE!

Anyway, there isn't a damned thing I want to do if you and others are too stupid to figure out how to make good food that qualifies for OVS reimbursement. That's your choice.

You finally understand that............That's your choice..............We choose not to OBEY........Now you understand...............

Alabama has said to hell with this BS............And that is that.

Why do parents allow their kids to eat crap food like the restaurants in the article? We have a junk food epidemic but continue to eat that garbage. How about a brown bag lunch with some veggies and something decent? I don't care if they abolish the lunch program and it is their choice to poison their kids. Total lack of parenting. Then again it is Alabama.

Fatty Fatty Two By Four has become the new rallying cry for the right.

Donuts for breakfast and pizza for dinner.

All because she's black.

ROLL TIDE!
You just can't make kids eat what they don't want. I posted this months/years ago when Michelle made her plans known. What WAS she thinkin`? :badgrin:

Of course you can make kids eat what they don't want to eat. You just have to choose to be their parent rather than their "buddy"
Sure, but that's if they're at home or you are next to them in the cafeteria at lunch time.

Here is Michelle's latest trip:

Typical – As Michelle Obama Purges School Vending Machines Of Sugary Snacks, WH Machine Sells 590 Calorie Honey Buns
Posted by Adam Sharp on Wednesday, September 17th, 2014 at 4:42 pm

It has been widely reported that Michelle Obama’s fight against childhood obesity in America’s schools has reached past the lunchroom into bake sales and even the vending machines.

The First Lady’s new standards remove any sugary snacks over 200 calories from the machines. Sometimes machines are emptied all together leaving students upset and hungry.

Typical 8211 As Michelle Obama Purges School Vending Machines Of Sugary Snacks WH Machine Sells 590 Calorie Honey Buns Progressives Today

:lmao:

ROLL TIDE!

You finally understand that............That's your choice..............We choose not to OBEY........Now you understand...............

Wait... when did I say you didn't have a choice to be stupid?

ROLL TIDE!

Wait... when did I say you didn't have a choice to be stupid?

That is a matter of opinion. Some believe that the Gov't is too big for it's britches and need a new mommy to tell them what to eat, drink, and how to live their lives.

Others, like my self, think it's about time for them to mind their own damned business on what our kids eat. Or our State for that matter. The lunches in Alabama will be just fine without a bunch of Federal Red Tape. Argument ended.

If you need a nanny to tell you how to live then that's your problem and not mine.

ROLL TIDE!

Sure, but that's if they're at home or you are next to them in the cafeteria at lunch time.

Here is Michelle's latest trip:

Typical – As Michelle Obama Purges School Vending Machines Of Sugary Snacks, WH Machine Sells 590 Calorie Honey Buns
Posted by Adam Sharp on Wednesday, September 17th, 2014 at 4:42 pm

It has been widely reported that Michelle Obama’s fight against childhood obesity in America’s schools has reached past the lunchroom into bake sales and even the vending machines.

The First Lady’s new standards remove any sugary snacks over 200 calories from the machines. Sometimes machines are emptied all together leaving students upset and hungry.

Typical 8211 As Michelle Obama Purges School Vending Machines Of Sugary Snacks WH Machine Sells 590 Calorie Honey Buns Progressives Today

:lmao:

You do understand the difference between children and adults , yes?
For example, the idiots who banned large soft drinks in NYC. I have a problem with that. If an adult wants to buy a 4 gallon Coca Cola. hey whatever. Theoretically at least , they understand the consequences of their choices.

This is no different than why we don't allow children to buy tobacco or alcohol. They aren't mature enough to understand the ramifications of their choices.

How do you feel about drug testing welfare recipients?

That's too easy. Get the feds out of welfare as well. No problem.

Forum List

Back