Go Figure- Missouri, Alabama Schools Drop Michelle O’s Lunch Program

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
A grazing FLOTUS pushing carb counts, like Foolmberg giving up armed protection, I'm sure this was never expected.

-Geaux

Missouri, Alabama schools drop Michelle O’s lunch program

CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. – New federal school food regulations promoted by First Lady Michelle Obama are becoming a massive headache for many schools that participate in the National School Lunch Program.

And many, like Missouri’s Notre Dame Regional and Saxony Lutheran high schools, are taking matters into their own hands.

Those schools and numerous others across the country are ditching the federal regulations and the funding that comes with them to save their cafeteria programs, which have experienced a nose-dive in sales and skyrocketing waste since the new rules were implemented in 2012.

At Notre Dame, school officials turned to the professionals at My Daddy’s Cheesecake, Papa John’s, Tractors Classic American Grill and Chick-fil-A to bring in nutritious and tasty meals students enjoy for “restaurant Wednesdays,” SEMissourian.com reports.

Notre Dame’s lunch participation had dropped to about half of its 565 students and 65 faculty members under the federal guidelines, but jumped drastically to about 75 percent once officials did away with the tight restrictions on calories, fat, sodium, whole grains, and numerous other aspects of school meals.

RELATED: Michelle O’s snack rules end special ed students’ coffee cart

Missouri Alabama schools drop Michelle O 8217 s lunch program - EAGnews.org

Good..............It's a waste.............as the kids dump the food anyway.

ROLL TIDE!

Red states will all follow suit. Gotta get them kids diabetic and fat as soon as possible cuz they've got welfare checks in their future.

Why do parents allow their kids to eat crap food like the restaurants in the article? We have a junk food epidemic but continue to eat that garbage. How about a brown bag lunch with some veggies and something decent? I don't care if they abolish the lunch program and it is their choice to poison their kids. Total lack of parenting. Then again it is Alabama.

A grazing FLOTUS pushing carb counts, like Foolmberg giving up armed protection, I'm sure this was never expected.

-Geaux

CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. – New federal school food regulations promoted by First Lady Michelle Obama are becoming a massive headache for many schools that participate in the National School Lunch Program.

And many, like Missouri’s Notre Dame Regional and Saxony Lutheran high schools, are taking matters into their own hands.

Those schools and numerous others across the country are ditching the federal regulations and the funding that comes with them to save their cafeteria programs, which have experienced a nose-dive in sales and skyrocketing waste since the new rules were implemented in 2012.

At Notre Dame, school officials turned to the professionals at My Daddy’s Cheesecake, Papa John’s, Tractors Classic American Grill and Chick-fil-A to bring in nutritious and tasty meals students enjoy for “restaurant Wednesdays,” SEMissourian.com reports.

Notre Dame’s lunch participation had dropped to about half of its 565 students and 65 faculty members under the federal guidelines, but jumped drastically to about 75 percent once officials did away with the tight restrictions on calories, fat, sodium, whole grains, and numerous other aspects of school meals.

Those schools are stupid

you can feed kids whatever the fuck you want AND get the government money. DUH

-Geaux

Missouri Alabama? Cracker run flyover Low iQ jesusland states

-Geaux

Missouri Alabama? Cracker run flyover Low iQ jesusland states
Racist much?

-Geaux

Those schools are stupid

Indeed. It seems these schools have more money than brains.

"Waste?" I wonder if they've heard of...umm...buying less?

Pretty radical concept.

They dropped a lot of employees in food service because of it too

but remember, Democrats are looking out for you little worker bees in the country

-Geaux

Those schools are stupid

Pretty radical concept.

They're claiming the food is so bad that kids are just throwing it away.

Well, here's a fucking idea, hire someone that actually knows how to cook. WOAH!!! Mind blower.

I've eaten at my kids' school like 5 times since the school year began and it isn't that bad. In fact some of the food is pretty good, and I haven't noticed piles of food in the trash either.

-Geaux

Those schools are stupid

Pretty radical concept.
Pretty radical concept to want kids to actually eat lunch?

They dropped a lot of employees in food service because of it too

but remember, Democrats are looking out for you little worker bees in the country

I'm sorry you lost your job as a "slop out of a can server" because the new requirements required someone who could actually cook and you weren't up to the task.

Forum List

Back