Obama commutted Bradley Manning's sentence

Manning exposed American war crimes including murder and torture. The history books have more data because of Manning and the American people, including the parents who raised the torturers and murderers should be outraged at the actions of their sons and fellow Americans.

If he/she/it had vetted the intelligence and only exposed illegal activity I would have no issue but instead Manning did a 700,000+ document data dump of unvetted classified material and in so doing outed the names and locations of hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban, that is called treason.

WikiLeaks Reportedly Outs100s of Afghan Informants
0Comments

Jul 28, 2010 5:31 AM EDT

Hundreds of Afghan civilians who worked as informants for the U.S. military have been put at risk by WikiLeaks' publication of more than 90,000 classified intelligence reports which name and in many cases locate the individuals, The Times newspaper reported Wednesday.

Click here to see The Times article, but note, it's behind a subscription firewall.

WikiLeaks Reportedly Outs 100s of Afghan Informants

Manning is safer in prison.
No, outing war crimes by Americans and their hired rats is called whistleblowing. Manning is the equivalent of Germans who were called traitors by the Nazis for resisting the regime of war criminals.
You are either illiterate or intentionally obtuse, I'll say it one more time, this time read slowly, comprehension is fundamental.

Manning didn't just leak intelligence related to illegal activity on the part of the US military he did a data dump of 700,000+ documents which contained the names and locations of hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban, that is giving aid and comfort to the enemy any way you slice it.
I'll say it one more time, this time without emulating your insulting tone. No one was harmed by Manning's exposing of American war crimes.

Not according to Ex Officio member of the Senate Intelligence Committee John McCain:

: It’s just outrageous. This individual put the lives of people who were helping us in danger. There was lists of names of people who were working for the United States of America and put their lives in danger. And the reports that I have is that some of those people were killed. This is just, this is kind of a metaphor, again, a metaphor for the entire Obama administration as far as its conduct of foreign policy is concerned. And speaking as a person who cares about those who assist the United States of America, as so many did, this sends the wrong signal, my friend.

Senator John McCain On The New President And The Defense Rebuild « The Hugh Hewitt Show

And regardless even if none of them was killed their covers were still blown and we could no longer use them as assets so any way you slice it that is aiding the enemy.
The enemy are the people who torture and murder in the name of Americans.

Please exercise decorum in your language. Most Americans, I hope, would reject your hate speech.

He/she/it is guilty of treason, the punishment is death.
You cannot distinguish treason from patriotism.

Treason is defined in the US Constitution as giving aid and comfort to the enemy, Manning didn't just leak intelligence related to illegal activity on the part of the US military he did a data dump of 700,000+ documents which contained the names and locations of hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban, that is giving aid and comfort to the enemy any way you slice it.
The military oath taken at the time of induction reads:

“I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God”

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) 809.ART.90 (20), makes it clear that military personnel need to obey the “lawful command of his superior officer,” 891.ART.91 (2), the “lawful order of a warrant officer”, 892.ART.92 (1) the “lawful general order”, 892.ART.92 (2) “lawful order”. In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ.

Consequently, members of the military have an obligation to disobey unlawful orders such as to torture prisoners and murder civilians. When Manning tried to report these to superior officers, he was told to shut-up. He had no option but to spill the beans so that the American people, including the parents of the soldiers who committed the crimes, would know what was happening in their name.

Holy shit how are you still not getting it, he didn't just whistleblow on illegal activity which I would support, he outted confidential assets against the taliban and AQ and thereby aided the enemy.
Who said Manning outed American spies? Perhaps you gleaned this from your reading of the disclosed data?

If he/she/it had vetted the intelligence and only exposed illegal activity I would have no issue but instead Manning did a 700,000+ document data dump of unvetted classified material and in so doing outed the names and locations of hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban, that is called treason.

WikiLeaks Reportedly Outs100s of Afghan Informants
0Comments

Jul 28, 2010 5:31 AM EDT

Hundreds of Afghan civilians who worked as informants for the U.S. military have been put at risk by WikiLeaks' publication of more than 90,000 classified intelligence reports which name and in many cases locate the individuals, The Times newspaper reported Wednesday.

Click here to see The Times article, but note, it's behind a subscription firewall.

WikiLeaks Reportedly Outs 100s of Afghan Informants

Manning is safer in prison.
No, outing war crimes by Americans and their hired rats is called whistleblowing. Manning is the equivalent of Germans who were called traitors by the Nazis for resisting the regime of war criminals.
You are either illiterate or intentionally obtuse, I'll say it one more time, this time read slowly, comprehension is fundamental.

Manning didn't just leak intelligence related to illegal activity on the part of the US military he did a data dump of 700,000+ documents which contained the names and locations of hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban, that is giving aid and comfort to the enemy any way you slice it.
I'll say it one more time, this time without emulating your insulting tone. No one was harmed by Manning's exposing of American war crimes.

Not according to Ex Officio member of the Senate Intelligence Committee John McCain:

: It’s just outrageous. This individual put the lives of people who were helping us in danger. There was lists of names of people who were working for the United States of America and put their lives in danger. And the reports that I have is that some of those people were killed. This is just, this is kind of a metaphor, again, a metaphor for the entire Obama administration as far as its conduct of foreign policy is concerned. And speaking as a person who cares about those who assist the United States of America, as so many did, this sends the wrong signal, my friend.

Senator John McCain On The New President And The Defense Rebuild « The Hugh Hewitt Show

And regardless even if none of them was killed their covers were still blown and we could no longer use them as assets so any way you slice it that is aiding the enemy.
The enemy are the people who torture and murder in the name of Americans.

But not the people who torture and murder Americans right?

Treason is defined in the US Constitution as giving aid and comfort to the enemy, Manning didn't just leak intelligence related to illegal activity on the part of the US military he did a data dump of 700,000+ documents which contained the names and locations of hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban, that is giving aid and comfort to the enemy any way you slice it.

“I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God”

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) 809.ART.90 (20), makes it clear that military personnel need to obey the “lawful command of his superior officer,” 891.ART.91 (2), the “lawful order of a warrant officer”, 892.ART.92 (1) the “lawful general order”, 892.ART.92 (2) “lawful order”. In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ.

Consequently, members of the military have an obligation to disobey unlawful orders such as to torture prisoners and murder civilians. When Manning tried to report these to superior officers, he was told to shut-up. He had no option but to spill the beans so that the American people, including the parents of the soldiers who committed the crimes, would know what was happening in their name.

Holy shit how are you still not getting it, he didn't just whistleblow on illegal activity which I would support, he outted confidential assets against the taliban and AQ and thereby aided the enemy.
Who said Manning outed American spies? Perhaps you gleaned this from your reading of the disclosed data?

He outted the names and locations of hundreds of Afgan confidential informants who were US assets, you dont know what an asset is do you?

He outted the names and locations of hundreds of Afgan confidential informants who were US assets, you dont know what an asset is do you?
How do you know more than the military prosecutors who could find not a single person who was harmed by Manning's leak?

How do you know more than the military prosecutors who could find not a single person who was harmed by Manning's leak?

I already quoted John McCain a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee who said that people were in fact killed, but that is completely irrelevant to aiding the enemy, whether or not they were killed they were still outted meaning they were no longer able to supply our intelligence community with intelligence against the Taliban and AQ, that severely harmed our ground intelligence apparatus and greatly aided AQ and the Taliban. This isn't fucking rocket surgery.

Regardless, no Manning is not responsible for the editorial decisions of WikiLeaks, the same way it's not Edward Snowden's fault what the New York Times publishes from the information he leaked.

So the Russians (or whoever) are also not responsible for influencing the 2016 elections?
WikiLeaks helped influence the election. Whoever leaked to them probably hoped that they would, but it was ultimately up to WikiLeaks.

Manning is going to be one more dead tranny. Suicide is popular among the freaks and no one questions it.
Please exercise decorum in your language. Most Americans, I hope, would reject your hate speech.

And yet she was not charged with treason, and was not given a death sentence. She'll be out in May.

She outted hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban she aided the enemy, end of.
And yet she was not charged with that crime. That's the end of.

He gave it to wikileaks manning leaked nothing wikileaks did

That's a pretty mentally retarded statement.

He aided the enemy that was the big charge against him he also violated the espionage act by leaking the documents to wikileaks.

(a)Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of the United States any classified information—
(1)
concerning the nature, preparation, or use of any code, cipher, or cryptographic system of the United States or any foreign government; or
(2)
concerning the design, construction, use, maintenance, or repair of any device, apparatus, or appliance used or prepared or planned for use by the United States or any foreign government for cryptographic or communication intelligence purposes; or
(3)
concerning the communication intelligence activities of the United States or any foreign government; or
(4)
obtained by the processes of communication intelligence from the communications of any foreign government, knowing the same to have been obtained by such processes—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 798 - Disclosure of classified information

It wasn’t necessary to prove he intended to have those documents published in the first place but the assertion that he released them to wikileaks without intending to have them published is too laughable for words.

Not to mention those that may have died because of what that POS did.

He also put troops in harms way.

They should have charged him with treason and executed that sorry bastard.
Of which there is no evidence.

Bradley Manning leak did not result in deaths by enemy forces, court hears

I'm sorry, one member of the Senate who has a history of giving wrong information. Pass.

Manning is going to be one more dead tranny. Suicide is popular among the freaks and no one questions it.

And yet she was not charged with treason, and was not given a death sentence. She'll be out in May.

She outted hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban she aided the enemy, end of.

Because she/he/it was charged with numerous other crimes much easier to prove and was sentenced to 30 years for those very serious crimes but could have been sentenced to 100+. The fact of the matter is that Manning outted hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban and thereby aided the enemy.

Because she/he/it was charged with numerous other crimes much easier to prove and was sentenced to 30 years for those very serious crimes but could have been sentenced to 100+. The fact of the matter is that Manning outted hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban and thereby aided the enemy.

The good new is he can still be charged with those other more serious crimes. Hopefully after today, they will charge him. He isn't set to be released until May, so they have time.

The good new is he can still be charged with those other more serious crimes. Hopefully after today, they will charge him. He isn't set to be released until May, so they have time.

I'm hearing he'll lose his health benefits and an all expense paid trip to the sex change operating room.

That's a pretty mentally retarded statement.

He aided the enemy that was the big charge against him he also violated the espionage act by leaking the documents to wikileaks.

(a)Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of the United States any classified information—
(1)
concerning the nature, preparation, or use of any code, cipher, or cryptographic system of the United States or any foreign government; or
(2)
concerning the design, construction, use, maintenance, or repair of any device, apparatus, or appliance used or prepared or planned for use by the United States or any foreign government for cryptographic or communication intelligence purposes; or
(3)
concerning the communication intelligence activities of the United States or any foreign government; or
(4)
obtained by the processes of communication intelligence from the communications of any foreign government, knowing the same to have been obtained by such processes—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 798 - Disclosure of classified information

It wasn’t necessary to prove he intended to have those documents published in the first place but the assertion that he released them to wikileaks without intending to have them published is too laughable for words.

Not to mention those that may have died because of what that POS did.

He also put troops in harms way.

They should have charged him with treason and executed that sorry bastard.
Of which there is no evidence.

Bradley Manning leak did not result in deaths by enemy forces, court hears

I'm sorry, one member of the Senate who has a history of giving wrong information. Pass.

It really is irrelevant even if none of them were killed Manning still aided the enemy by outing hundreds of Afghan confidential informants.

Regardless, no Manning is not responsible for the editorial decisions of WikiLeaks, the same way it's not Edward Snowden's fault what the New York Times publishes from the information he leaked.

So the Russians (or whoever) are also not responsible for influencing the 2016 elections?
WikiLeaks helped influence the election. Whoever leaked to them probably hoped that they would, but it was ultimately up to WikiLeaks.

Well it's good you're not one of the nut bags who think the Russians hacked the elections. But WikiLeaks didn't tell anyone how to vote, they simply released information about the corruption happening inside the DNC. They exposed the truth just as you claim they did with Manning.

Awesome! I have no interest in mannings mental illness but what he did was of great patriotic duty to expose war crimes committed by the US!
Lucky he didn't live in Russia or China, because they execute people for spying.
However this is what many right wing Americans want done to him. This says a lot about the right.

He gave aid and comfort to the enemy, that is treason, it is a capital offense.

Forum List

Back