Obama commutted Bradley Manning's sentence

He gave it to wikileaks manning leaked nothing wikileaks did

That's a pretty mentally retarded statement.

He aided the enemy that was the big charge against him he also violated the espionage act by leaking the documents to wikileaks.

(a)Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of the United States any classified information—
(1)
concerning the nature, preparation, or use of any code, cipher, or cryptographic system of the United States or any foreign government; or
(2)
concerning the design, construction, use, maintenance, or repair of any device, apparatus, or appliance used or prepared or planned for use by the United States or any foreign government for cryptographic or communication intelligence purposes; or
(3)
concerning the communication intelligence activities of the United States or any foreign government; or
(4)
obtained by the processes of communication intelligence from the communications of any foreign government, knowing the same to have been obtained by such processes—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 798 - Disclosure of classified information

It wasn’t necessary to prove he intended to have those documents published in the first place but the assertion that he released them to wikileaks without intending to have them published is too laughable for words.

Not to mention those that may have died because of what that POS did.

He also put troops in harms way.

They should have charged him with treason and executed that sorry bastard.
Of which there is no evidence.

Bradley Manning leak did not result in deaths by enemy forces, court hears

breaking new..

what an asshole. all this talk about russia and leaks and you commute the sentence of someone who stole government secrets who then gave them to someone who released them?

That freak show gave aid and comfort to the enemy, the proper sentence is death, time for some good old fashioned extrajudicial executions.
The American public isn't the enemy.

AQ and the Taliban are and Manning outed confidential informants against them, that is called treason.

WikiLeaks Reportedly Outs 100s of Afghan Informants
0Comments

Jul 28, 2010 5:31 AM EDT
Hundreds of Afghan civilians who worked as informants for the U.S. military have been put at risk by WikiLeaks' publication of more than 90,000 classified intelligence reports which name and in many cases locate the individuals, The Times newspaper reported Wednesday.

Click here to see The Times article, but note, it's behind a subscription firewall.

Manning is safer in prison.
So WikiLeaks's editorial decision, which Manning had nothing to do with, is Manning's fault?

Manning leaked the documents not wikileaks, yes Manning is directly responsible for Wikileaks publishing the names and locations of those hundreds of confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban, because he is the one who illegally gave it to them. You're argument is so laughable that it doesn't warrant anymore of my time.

breaking new..

what an asshole. all this talk about russia and leaks and you commute the sentence of someone who stole government secrets who then gave them to someone who released them?

That freak show gave aid and comfort to the enemy, the proper sentence is death, time for some good old fashioned extrajudicial executions.

AQ and the Taliban are and Manning outed confidential informants against them, that is called treason.

0Comments

Hundreds of Afghan civilians who worked as informants for the U.S. military have been put at risk by WikiLeaks' publication of more than 90,000 classified intelligence reports which name and in many cases locate the individuals, The Times newspaper reported Wednesday.

Click here to see The Times article, but note, it's behind a subscription firewall.

So WikiLeaks's editorial decision, which Manning had nothing to do with, is Manning's fault?

Manning leaked the documents not wikileaks, yes Manning is directly responsible for Wikileaks publishing the names and locations of those hundreds of confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban, because he is the one who illegally gave it to them. You're argument is so laughable that it doesn't warrant anymore of my time.
Really? My are argument?

Regardless, no Manning is not responsible for the editorial decisions of WikiLeaks, the same way it's not Edward Snowden's fault what the New York Times publishes from the information he leaked.

Regardless, no Manning is not responsible for the editorial decisions of WikiLeaks, the same way it's not Edward Snowden's fault what the New York Times publishes from the information he leaked.

So the Russians (or whoever) are also not responsible for influencing the 2016 elections?

Manning is going to be one more dead tranny. Suicide is popular among the freaks and no one questions it.
Please exercise decorum in your language. Most Americans, I hope, would reject your hate speech.

He/she/it is guilty of treason, the punishment is death.
And yet she was not charged with treason, and was not given a death sentence. She'll be out in May.

She outted hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban she aided the enemy, end of.

0Comments

Really? My are argument?

Your argument is a fucking joke, she is directly responsible for wikileaks reporting the names and locations of hundreds of Afghan confidential informants because he/she/it gave them the list. Your argument is like saying that a double agent isn't directly responsible for the death of a spy killed by the KGB whose name they gave them, it's fucking assinine.

He aided the enemy that was the big charge against him he also violated the espionage act by leaking the documents to wikileaks.

(a)Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of the United States any classified information—
(1)
concerning the nature, preparation, or use of any code, cipher, or cryptographic system of the United States or any foreign government; or
(2)
concerning the design, construction, use, maintenance, or repair of any device, apparatus, or appliance used or prepared or planned for use by the United States or any foreign government for cryptographic or communication intelligence purposes; or
(3)
concerning the communication intelligence activities of the United States or any foreign government; or
(4)
obtained by the processes of communication intelligence from the communications of any foreign government, knowing the same to have been obtained by such processes—

It wasn’t necessary to prove he intended to have those documents published in the first place but the assertion that he released them to wikileaks without intending to have them published is too laughable for words.

Not according to Ex Officio member of the Senate Intelligence Committee John McCain:

: It’s just outrageous. This individual put the lives of people who were helping us in danger. There was lists of names of people who were working for the United States of America and put their lives in danger. And the reports that I have is that some of those people were killed. This is just, this is kind of a metaphor, again, a metaphor for the entire Obama administration as far as its conduct of foreign policy is concerned. And speaking as a person who cares about those who assist the United States of America, as so many did, this sends the wrong signal, my friend.

Senator John McCain On The New President And The Defense Rebuild « The Hugh Hewitt Show

Reasonable people who care about the law of war know Manning is a hero.

Fuck you. You're a mental retard piece of shit who knows nothing. Unfortunately, you represent about 26% of the voting public in America. Mental midgets who know nothing other than how to log on to some anti-American blog and get your marching orders for the day. This traitorous piece of shit and the traitorous piece of shit president who pardoned him are right up your alley as heroes because you're an enemy of the state just like them.
Strangely, for some reason I put foul-mouthed windbags on 'ignore' so I never have to read their ignorant abuse anymore but that is the way I am. Thankfully for Manning, you had no say in the commutation.

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)

Not according to Ex Officio member of the Senate Intelligence Committee John McCain:

: It’s just outrageous. This individual put the lives of people who were helping us in danger. There was lists of names of people who were working for the United States of America and put their lives in danger. And the reports that I have is that some of those people were killed. This is just, this is kind of a metaphor, again, a metaphor for the entire Obama administration as far as its conduct of foreign policy is concerned. And speaking as a person who cares about those who assist the United States of America, as so many did, this sends the wrong signal, my friend.

Senator John McCain On The New President And The Defense Rebuild « The Hugh Hewitt Show
Unlike tortured prisoners, incarceration without trial, and the murder of civilians by American troops and the CIA, no one was harmed by Manning's whistleblowing.

Unlike tortured prisoners, incarceration without trial, and the murder of civilians by American troops and the CIA, no one was harmed by Manning's whistleblowing.

Manning wasn't a whistle-blower, he was a traitor guilty of treason. He plea bargained his case to avoid the death penalty. There is a process for reporting illegal activity in the military and he did not follow that protocol.

She tried to report war crimes to superiors but was told to shut-up. She is an American heroine.

He/she/it outted confidential informants against AQ, end of.
Manning exposed American war crimes including murder and torture. The history books have more data because of Manning and the American people, including the parents who raised the torturers and murderers should be outraged at the actions of their sons and fellow Americans.

If he/she/it had vetted the intelligence and only exposed illegal activity I would have no issue but instead Manning did a 700,000+ document data dump of unvetted classified material and in so doing outed the names and locations of hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban, that is called treason.

WikiLeaks Reportedly Outs100s of Afghan Informants
0Comments

No, outing war crimes by Americans and their hired rats is called whistleblowing. Manning is the equivalent of Germans who were called traitors by the Nazis for resisting the regime of war criminals.
You are either illiterate or intentionally obtuse, I'll say it one more time, this time read slowly, comprehension is fundamental.

Manning didn't just leak intelligence related to illegal activity on the part of the US military he did a data dump of 700,000+ documents which contained the names and locations of hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban, that is giving aid and comfort to the enemy any way you slice it.
I'll say it one more time, this time without emulating your insulting tone. No one was harmed by Manning's exposing of American war crimes.

breaking new..

Perhaps the Liberals that talk about Russian hacking should follow the lead of their President. Obama sure seems to think that hacking and showing classified documents is OK.

Don't be shocked if more than one Liberal on here claims it's different. I agree but the only difference is it's their President.

Manning is going to be one more dead tranny. Suicide is popular among the freaks and no one questions it.
Please exercise decorum in your language. Most Americans, I hope, would reject your hate speech.

You cannot distinguish treason from patriotism.

Treason is defined in the US Constitution as giving aid and comfort to the enemy, Manning didn't just leak intelligence related to illegal activity on the part of the US military he did a data dump of 700,000+ documents which contained the names and locations of hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban, that is giving aid and comfort to the enemy any way you slice it.
The military oath taken at the time of induction reads:

“I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God”

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) 809.ART.90 (20), makes it clear that military personnel need to obey the “lawful command of his superior officer,” 891.ART.91 (2), the “lawful order of a warrant officer”, 892.ART.92 (1) the “lawful general order”, 892.ART.92 (2) “lawful order”. In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ.

Consequently, members of the military have an obligation to disobey unlawful orders such as to torture prisoners and murder civilians. When Manning tried to report these to superior officers, he was told to shut-up. He had no option but to spill the beans so that the American people, including the parents of the soldiers who committed the crimes, would know what was happening in their name.

Amazing after all the praise around here from the Trumptards for 'leakers', for hacking, for Julian Assange, for the Russian criminal enterprise intended to manipulate an American election,

after these people cheerly wildly for all of that,

they think Manning is a villain?

That is about as pathetic as a tard can get.

All you lefties continue to say hacking is wrong then honor the piece of shit like Bradley Manning that did what you say is wrong and the piece of shit commuting his sentence.

You cannot distinguish treason from patriotism.

Treason is defined in the US Constitution as giving aid and comfort to the enemy, Manning didn't just leak intelligence related to illegal activity on the part of the US military he did a data dump of 700,000+ documents which contained the names and locations of hundreds of Afghan confidential informants against AQ and the Taliban, that is giving aid and comfort to the enemy any way you slice it.
The military oath taken at the time of induction reads:

“I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God”

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) 809.ART.90 (20), makes it clear that military personnel need to obey the “lawful command of his superior officer,” 891.ART.91 (2), the “lawful order of a warrant officer”, 892.ART.92 (1) the “lawful general order”, 892.ART.92 (2) “lawful order”. In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ.

Consequently, members of the military have an obligation to disobey unlawful orders such as to torture prisoners and murder civilians. When Manning tried to report these to superior officers, he was told to shut-up. He had no option but to spill the beans so that the American people, including the parents of the soldiers who committed the crimes, would know what was happening in their name.

So you justify Manning's crimes?

Amazing after all the praise around here from the Trumptards for 'leakers', for hacking, for Julian Assange, for the Russian criminal enterprise intended to manipulate an American election,

All you lefties continue to say hacking is wrong then honor the piece of shit like Bradley Manning that did what you say is wrong and the piece of shit commuting his sentence.

Where did I honor him?

You made a hero out of Julian Assange and the Russian hackers. Deal with it.

Have you forgotten that you RW'ers around here were ECSTATIC that the Russian hacking,

a criminal enterprise whose purpose was to manipulate an American election,

was succeeding?

Where did I honor him?

You made a hero out of Julian Assange and the Russian hackers. Deal with it.

Are you saying Manning should stay in prison?

Forum List

Back