Obama calls for rolling back oil 'tax breaks'

I think you meant to type BO kills jobs.

I see you can't argue my point.:lol:

I accept your surrender

I won't argue your "point" b/c its nonsensical, just like you. BP kills jobs, how do you propose we argue that fool? I mean that would be like me stating that Martians like peanuts and then chiding you for not debating the point. HAHAHA you concede that Martians do indeed like peanuts. I accept your surrender.

You know you're a real moron when other people who might agree with some of your stances are looking around saying "man that dude is a moron"
It's like a Martian trying to talk to a fungo. :lol::lol::lol:

The Democratic party needs oil, it feeds the UAW, which feeds the Democratic party. GM and Chrysler were rescued because of the UAW.

I'm betting the "small govt" whiners on the right (who are waiting for their nanny state govt to solve the problem) will oppose getting rid of tax breaks for an industry that just destroyed millions of jobs in LA on the grounds that the oil industry needs the tax breaks to destroy more jobs.

Well you would be wrong , all corporate welfare should be ended and politicians should have to dress like clowns.
Bp is creating jobs .

I think you meant to type BO kills jobs.

I accept your surrender

I won't argue your "point" b/c its nonsensical, just like you. BP kills jobs, how do you propose we argue that fool?

I guess you wingnuts don't realize how many people in the fishing industry are losing their jobs because of BP. Or more likely, you just don't care.

It's more important to protect tax breaks for criminals like BP

Here's another idiot wingnut who doesn't care about the people who live on or near the gulf

I'm betting the "small govt" whiners on the right (who are waiting for their nanny state govt to solve the problem) will oppose getting rid of tax breaks for an industry that just destroyed millions of jobs in LA on the grounds that the oil industry needs the tax breaks to destroy more jobs.

Well you would be wrong , all corporate welfare should be ended and politicians should have to dress like clowns.
Bp is creating jobs .

Last edited:

I accept your surrender

I won't argue your "point" b/c its nonsensical, just like you. BP kills jobs, how do you propose we argue that fool?

I guess you wingnuts don't realize how many people in the fishing industry are losing their jobs because of BP. Or more likely, you just don't care.

Here's another idiot wingnut who doesn't care about the people who live on or near the gulf

Bp is creating jobs .

Damn, every time I think you've proven yourself to be as dumb as humanly possible you come up with crap like this.... Do you REALLY think that these tax breaks had anything to do with an industrial accident. Yep , if BP wouldn't have gotten those tax breaks this wouldn't have happened.

Also, i can guarantee you that BP execs are sitting around laughing about the fisherman who lost their jobs b/c of this accident. Those heartless bastards. :lol: @ you for believing that.

Bp is creating jobs .

Damn, every time I think you've proven yourself to be as dumb as humanly possible you come up with crap like this.... Do you REALLY think that these tax breaks had anything to do with an industrial accident. Yep , if BP wouldn't have gotten those tax breaks this wouldn't have happened.

ANd whenever you run out arguments, you make stuff up again.

I never said that. You're just too stupid to understand written english

You made stuff up so you wouldn't have to admit that I was right and you were wrong; BP kills jobs

ANd whenever you run out arguments, you make stuff up again.

I never said that. You're just too stupid to understand written english

You made stuff up so you wouldn't have to admit that I was right and you were wrong; BP kills jobs

BP doesn't kill jobs, an industrial accident killed jobs. FOOL

I accept your surrender

Bp is creating jobs .

Did you miss the news reports about BP hiring out of work fisthermen at 35-45$ an hour to assist in the clean up? Or are you just ignoring that info?

Bp is creating jobs .

Did you miss the news reports about BP hiring out of work fisthermen at 35-45$ an hour to assist in the clean up? Or are you just ignoring that info?

Are you saying that fisherman aren't losing their jobs because of this spill?

Or are you still dishonestly trying to not admit that I was right and you were wrong; BP killed job.

And how much is BP paying for all the tourism related jobs that are being lost.

Or are you still dishonestly trying to not admit that I was right and you were wrong; BP killed job.

Damn your stupid

BP kills jobs = BP is actively looking to destroy jobs. The fact is this was an accident, no one purposely destroyed jobs.

Do you work for Exxon or something?

I laugh that Sangha just buys anything that daddy Obama spoon feeds him.

Here's reality for you little lib.

1. IF tax breaks are eliminated, oil prices will increase correspondingly and the consumer will pay the taxes. Unless of course Obama institutes a oil company profit czar which would introduce a whole nother set of problems.

2. Any money the government collects will simply disappear into the black hole known as the federal budget and very little if any of it would be put towards so called clean energy

You're amazing in your simplicity Sangha.

As I said, Obama has been hoping for something like this to come along so that he can make sure that oil prices are so out of sight and he has a scapegoat to blame it on....

Enjoy these low gas prices gang....you're about to lose your ass... every time you pay for gas.

What's pitiful is he isn't even sincere in his claimis that he want's clean energy or for us to get off foreign oil. Either that or he just truly hates capitalism, which he claims he loves.

Simple solution. Have a government sponsored contest, ANY person or company which can show that it produces clean, reliable, efficient electricity wins $100M tax free. I GUARANTEE that if they did that we would have clean energy within 3 years. The government actively discourages clean energy development with its own policies contrary to whatever lip service Obama gives it.

Problem is that neither party gives a damn about clean energy. As long as big oil and their lobbyists keep the politicians rich and getting richer, we won't see clean energy and I'll be damned if I believe that money will be used for R & D of clean energy sources.

And Sangha is right, this spill has killed some jobs. The seafood industry in the gulf is taking big hits from what I hear. Not that I really care since I'm deathly allergic to seafood. This is going to hurt a lot of people on the gulf coast. Seafood and tourism are only small parts of the total picture.

However, taking back the tax breaks for oil producers is not going to hurt those oil producers. It is going to hurt the consumer, because it will be those of us that consume gasoline that will pay the bill. Not that the President cares... as long as he can point fingers at someone else... anyone else... he'll be happy.

Immie

As I said, Obama has been hoping for something like this to come along so that he can make sure that oil prices are so out of sight and he has a scapegoat to blame it on....

Enjoy these low gas prices gang....you're about to lose your ass... every time you pay for gas.

What's pitiful is he isn't even sincere in his claimis that he want's clean energy or for us to get off foreign oil. Either that or he just truly hates capitalism, which he claims he loves.

Simple solution. Have a government sponsored contest, ANY person or company which can show that it produces clean, reliable, efficient electricity wins $100M tax free. I GUARANTEE that if they did that we would have clean energy within 3 years. The government actively discourages clean energy development with its own policies contrary to whatever lip service Obama gives it.

Problem is that neither party gives a damn about clean energy. As long as big oil and their lobbyists keep the politicians rich and getting richer, we won't see clean energy and I'll be damned if I believe that money will be used for R & D of clean energy sources.

And Sangha is right, this spill has killed some jobs. The seafood industry in the gulf is taking big hits from what I hear. Not that I really care since I'm deathly allergic to seafood. This is going to hurt a lot of people on the gulf coast. Seafood and tourism are only small parts of the total picture.

However, taking back the tax breaks for oil producers is not going to hurt those oil producers. It is going to hurt the consumer, because it will be those of us that consume gasoline that will pay the bill. Not that the President cares... as long as he can point fingers at someone else... anyone else... he'll be happy.

Immie

Of course the oil spill has caused some jobs to be lost, but the fool is acting as if BP did this on purpose to kill jobs. That's not true at all. It was a freaking accident.

Immie

Of course the oil spill has caused some jobs to be lost, but the fool is acting as if BP did this on purpose to kill jobs. That's not true at all. It was a freaking accident.

On purpose? That is preposterous.

And I didn't get the impression when I scanned the thread that Sangha was making such a claim. More like just a foolish idea that the removal of the tax breaks would actually hurt BP or the other oil companies or the even more foolish idea that the government would actually use those dollars to develop clean energy as if politicians would spit in the face of those who put them in power.

Immie

Immie

And I didn't get the impression when I scanned the thread that Sangha was making such a claim. More like just a foolish idea that the removal of the tax breaks would actually hurt BP or the other oil companies or the even more foolish idea that the government would actually use those dollars to develop clean energy as if politicians would spit in the face of those who put them in power.

Immie

Oh come on, if he had meant the accident caused job losses he would have wrote exactly that (or is it a she?) No he/she purposely wrote BP destroys jobs to imply that BP did this on purpose.

Immie

Oh come on, if he had meant the accident caused job losses he would have wrote exactly that (or is it a she?) No he/she purposely wrote BP destroys jobs to imply that BP did this on purpose.

But my understanding of the OP (regardless of the comment about the job losses) is that the elimination of the tax cuts will hurt oil companies and that the man he seems to adore would actually put those funds to use for R & D of clean energy. That is almost as preposterous as the idea that BP did this on purpose.

At least that is what I thought the main point of the OP was about.

Immie

Immie

But my understanding of the OP (regardless of the comment about the job losses) is that the elimination of the tax cuts will hurt oil companies and that the man he seems to adore would actually put those funds to use for R & D of clean energy. That is almost as preposterous as the idea that BP did this on purpose.

At least that is what I thought the main point of the OP was about.

Immie

He was making BOTH points. and why ANYONE would want to put the government in charge of one single penny more than they currently (don't) have is beyond me.

Boy are you dumb

Why? Because I can't wait to hear you make an ass out of yourself again???

You make these stupid bullshit claims without backing them up...so I'm giving you a shot.

How is BP killing jobs?

Idiot!!

The leaking oil in the gulf is putting fisherman out of business. The ruined beaches are killing tourism in the gulf.

Not that you care.

Moron...BP is hiring out of work fishermen for clean up efforts...you really should read more.

The ruined beaches are also creating jobs. This clean up will take a long time and BP is responsible for it all...they will hire everybody they can.

As for tourism on the Gulf, there is not much of an argument there...it is going to suffer. And despite your partisan opinion, I do care. However, there must be SOME business being turned for hotels, restaurants, etc for those who are coming to the coast to take part in the clean up effort.

Alabama has 60% of it's hiring for clean up coming from the local sector and 900 of the 2500 vessels on the water for clean up efforts are local boats...

Hmmm...how do I say this in a way that it is easier to understand....

Fishermen are NOT fishing...I think even you and I can agree on that....(probably the only thing we'll agree on)
But to replace the loss of fishing, BP is hiring fishermen to assist in the clean up. I don't have to be dishonest to admit you're wrong...there's proof of what I just told you.

I don't know how much BP is currently paying for tourism related jobs...I guess it depends on who reacts the fastest to apply for clean up jobs. I hear the rate is between 35-45 bucks an hour. How much WILL they pay when the lawsuits begin? That's the real question. I'm sure there will be MANY.

Let's put it this way, if you're goal is to diminish BP to nothing, I think we can safely say that BP won't be posting it's usual multi BILLION dollar profit this coming year...

Forum List

Back