Obama bus tour in full swing * and we're paying for it *

takes a car, complains
takes a boat, complains,
takes a bus, complains,
take a plane, complains
Walks around, complains
Breaths, complains

We got it, this is pathetic, but we got it.

If he wants to take a bus he can take a bus. The problem here is he is turning a campaign event into an official trip in order not to have to pay the bill.

Do you have any idea why POTUS always travels in Air Force One? It gives him access to the best com equipment the DOD can get its grubby paws on. In order for him to take a bus tour, and still be able to handle an emergency, someone is going to have to design a bus that can handle all the communications duties of the single most secure mobile communications system on the planet. That is not going to be free, nor is it all going to fit in one bus. There will also have to be three complete shifts of people to monitor that equipment traveling with him, which will take more buses. It would actually be less expensive to fly the plane overhead and give him an uplink to it than to build a completely new system that will only be used once, and is intended only to prove that Obama is something everyone knows he isn't.

The bus was purchased by the Secret Service for exactly this purpose. Before this they had to retrofit rented out buses. So it's actually cheaper now, then it was before.
Ummm, do you really think that helps your argument?

Really?

No, seriously?

:lol:

The bus was purchased by the Secret Service for exactly this purpose. Before this they had to retrofit rented out buses. So it's actually cheaper now, then it was before.

You missed the entire point I was trying to make.

The Secret Service never purchased a bus before because no president has traveled by bus in years. The Secret Service retrofitted buses to protect candidates, which requires a lot less technology than protecting a president.

My point wasn't even about the Army One bus, it was about the fact that there has to be an entire mobile communication system that follows the president around when he travels, that is why they use the plane. That center will also have to designed and purchased, and it will only be used once, because no other president will ever be arrogant enough to think that anyone will believe he is going on a bus tour because he is just like them.

Wrong. It's a fleet of buses. They weren't purchased exclusively for Obama. They are to be used by other elected officials as well, including the Republican nominee for President. As far as the communications capabilities, that's information that the Secret Service refuses to comment on. I don't know where you're getting your information. But it's obviously incorrect. Either that or you're just making shit up.
I think you're the one making shit up, there, skippy.

Gotta link for any of this? I mean, do you really expect someone to take the word from a who-the-fuck-are-you poster just typing on a keyboard?

Really, do you?

I'm sure this has already been covered, but...

This not a campaign trip.

Though I'm not sure who makes that determination. I'm certain that a very strong argument could (and probably will be) made to the contrary. I have mixed feelings about the trip myself. On the one hand, a president should be able to get out among the people he represents, take the pulse of the nation first hand, so to speak. On the other hand, when does campaigning begin? It seems to me that now would be about the right time. I say that only because of the current state of the nation. If things were going better I would anticipate a later start for a sitting president...

Just my opinion, I don't know. Overall, this trip and the expense doesn't bother me. Might as well complain about his taking a vacation or playing golf...
Right. It's a Look-at-the-shovel-ready-*snicker, snicker*-jobs-that-aren't-there trip.

But, it sure is a slick way to force the unwilling to donate to the campaign of the Hope and Change/Mr. Transparency president.

Yeah, King Obongo just had a big b-day celebration here in Chicago.... Too bad the fee at the door was $35,000 campaign contribution..

Obama is seriously a narcissist. You'd have to be to do what hes doing.

Someone needs to tell that dumbfuck his "hope and change" nonsense wont work, especially not on the US taxpayer coin...

I cant even believe that elitist fuck has the audacity to attempt to go pander to jobless Americans on their own coin (well at least it was theirs when they had a job).

However I'm sure that little snot bubbles "midwest bus tour" only consists of Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Louis, and Kansas City, he will no doubt conveniently NOT visit the small struggling towns in the heartland of this nation.

Hes going off to pander to the inner city minority racists, the unions affiliates and the rich self-loathing white progressives...

I don't understand how anyone doesn't see the problem with this. He is going to "battle ground states" states with large cities. States he needs to win to retain his job. It's obvious.

I'm sure this has already been covered, but...

This not a campaign trip.

Though I'm not sure who makes that determination. I'm certain that a very strong argument could (and probably will be) made to the contrary. I have mixed feelings about the trip myself. On the one hand, a president should be able to get out among the people he represents, take the pulse of the nation first hand, so to speak. On the other hand, when does campaigning begin? It seems to me that now would be about the right time. I say that only because of the current state of the nation. If things were going better I would anticipate a later start for a sitting president...

Just my opinion, I don't know. Overall, this trip and the expense doesn't bother me. Might as well complain about his taking a vacation or playing golf...
Right. It's a Look-at-the-shovel-ready-*snicker, snicker*-jobs-that-aren't-there trip.

But, it sure is a slick way to force the unwilling to donate to the campaign of the Hope and Change/Mr. Transparency president.

I don't disagree with you, Si, I'm just saying there's not much anyone can do about it. It's basically their word against ours. Perhaps they should establish a date for determining when the election\campaigning season begins. Say Labor Day before the next election? Anything after that is on the candidate? Personally, I would consider this trip a campaign swing, it's hard to see it as anything but.

You missed the entire point I was trying to make.

The Secret Service never purchased a bus before because no president has traveled by bus in years. The Secret Service retrofitted buses to protect candidates, which requires a lot less technology than protecting a president.

My point wasn't even about the Army One bus, it was about the fact that there has to be an entire mobile communication system that follows the president around when he travels, that is why they use the plane. That center will also have to designed and purchased, and it will only be used once, because no other president will ever be arrogant enough to think that anyone will believe he is going on a bus tour because he is just like them.

Wrong. It's a fleet of buses. They weren't purchased exclusively for Obama. They are to be used by other elected officials as well, including the Republican nominee for President. As far as the communications capabilities, that's information that the Secret Service refuses to comment on. I don't know where you're getting your information. But it's obviously incorrect. Either that or you're just making shit up.
I think you're the one making shit up, there, skippy.

Gotta link for any of this? I mean, do you really expect someone to take the word from a who-the-fuck-are-you poster just typing on a keyboard?

Really, do you?

I already provided a link.

Everyone is MISSING THE POINT.

I don't care if he traveled by space ship.

BUT HES CAMPAIGNING ON OUR MONEY.

Yep, he feels he's ENTITLED to it.
As far as I'm concerned the man has NEVER STOPPED campaigning. You have to wonder who is running the show up there.

If he wants to take a bus he can take a bus. The problem here is he is turning a campaign event into an official trip in order not to have to pay the bill.

Do you have any idea why POTUS always travels in Air Force One? It gives him access to the best com equipment the DOD can get its grubby paws on. In order for him to take a bus tour, and still be able to handle an emergency, someone is going to have to design a bus that can handle all the communications duties of the single most secure mobile communications system on the planet. That is not going to be free, nor is it all going to fit in one bus. There will also have to be three complete shifts of people to monitor that equipment traveling with him, which will take more buses. It would actually be less expensive to fly the plane overhead and give him an uplink to it than to build a completely new system that will only be used once, and is intended only to prove that Obama is something everyone knows he isn't.

Really?

No, seriously?

No not really. But the point remains that these buses weren't built specifically for Obama.

Really?

No, seriously?

No not really. But the point remains that these buses weren't built specifically for Obama.

THE point is........the boyking DOESN'T need a bus to campaign. He is ALREADY the friggen President.

As far as I'm concerned the man has NEVER STOPPED campaigning. You have to wonder who is running the show up there.

Poor baby. The President has a bus. Can't get anyone in real life to take you seriously about it, so you have to whine on an internet site. Booo hooo hooo.:eusa_boohoo:

He's off on another vacation?

How timely.

Everything earned on the NYSE for 2011 has been wiped today, and asswipe flies a corporate jet to Martha's Vineyard.

What an elitist little fuck.

He's asking us to sacrfice - and this is what we get?

Yeah sparky, candidates campaign.

They don't campaign on the money from unwilling contributors. Look at the FEC regulations - that would be Federal Law.

Now, tell us again how much you know about the USA, eh, skippy?

.... Oh and BTW, all of Congress is on vacation. Most of them left while he was signing their hostage bill into law. He stuck around hoping they'd resolve the FAA stalemate and put people to work. That's right they had the audacity to fly on planes, after putting airline folks out of work. Don't see you whining about that.
No airline folks are out of work. The FAA is not the airlines. Tell us some more how well versed you are in the USA, eh, sparky?

Some FAA construction workers are out of work. None of the essential personnel are off the job. And, if the Dems had not changed the act - one that has been working for years - it would have been voted through easily.

C'mon, tell us again how much you know about the USA. It's cute when you do.

If you're going to make a legal argument, it's best to cite which specific law you feel the President is violating. If you feel strongly enough, you can even file a complaint with the FEC, or request your elected Representative to do so on behalf of the tax payers.

It seems that a deal was made to put the FAA employees back to work. What did the Democrats change about the act? I understood that it was Republicans that wanted to make it more difficult for airline employees to unionize that was the issue. You know, the ones that aren't part of the airlines?:cuckoo:

THE point is........the boyking DOESN'T need a bus to campaign. He is ALREADY the friggen President.

Why don't you cry more about it. Maybe he'll stop. LOL@you.

why don't you stick to your politics instead of meddling in ours?
LOL@you

Don't post your sniveling in a public forum if you don't want people responding to it.
Haven't you got better things to whine about, than the President having a bus?

Makes you look like a crybaby.

Poor baby. The President has a bus. Can't get anyone in real life to take you seriously about it, so you have to whine on an internet site. Booo hooo hooo.:eusa_boohoo:

LOL, and here you sit. on a Internet site, so what does that say ABOUT YOU and people TAKING you serious...???:lmao::lmao:

Why don't you cry more about it. Maybe he'll stop. LOL@you.

why don't you stick to your politics instead of meddling in ours?
LOL@you

Don't post your sniveling in a public forum if you don't want people responding to it.
Haven't you got better things to whine about, than the President having a bus?

Makes you look like a crybaby.

The point is not the bus. But I wouldnt want to interfere with your fit....... PROCEED.

As if your not sitting at the keyboard trying to get the attention you need in real life. Fool, you perfectly fit your own description.
Enjoy the neg rep

Forum List

Back