Obama bus tour in full swing * and we're paying for it *

This becomes an issue during almost every campaign, with members of the party that’s out of the White House complaining about misuse of taxpayer dollars during campaigning. And it's both parties that do it. So what??

Keep digging though!!! You Obama haters might one day hit pay dirt!!! Idiots. This is not an issue and creating a thread was dumb!!

I took the liberty of doing a little research on the OPs source.
This is what I found from the founder of "The Patriot Update":

When I heard that the governor had called a prayer vigil for rain, I stayed tuned to the news to watch for any change in the weather. I lifted up a simple prayer to the Lord that evening asking Him to demonstrate His power and to show America that He is sovereign over all. The next morning the radio announcers on 94.9 FM WUBL mentioned that God was answering prayer and rain was now in the forecast. Later that evening we incorporated the WeatherChannel.com into our family worship. I took this rare opportunity to show my children the radar maps and teach them that God answers prayer. While I was teaching, you could hear the rain begin to pound the roof of our house. It was an event that we will never forget.
Brandon R. Vallorani,
..:eusa_pray::cuckoo:

I'll respond to this later. I want a diamond bracelet and I have to go ask the Good Lord for it!!! Later!! Oh, I'm so excited!!! :)

oooooooooooooooooooooooo, so you post ANYTHING about the Obama, that makes you a Obama hater.

go back in the days of Bush and see how many complained about how much golf he played, I guess that made them, Bush haters

:lol:
You're all worked up about golf???

There are more important things to worry about right?...it's that conservative media that has you talking about this you know.

This becomes an issue during almost every campaign, with members of the party that’s out of the White House complaining about misuse of taxpayer dollars during campaigning. And it's both parties that do it. So what??

Keep digging though!!! You Obama haters might one day hit pay dirt!!! Idiots. This is not an issue and creating a thread was dumb!!

When I heard that the governor had called a prayer vigil for rain, I stayed tuned to the news to watch for any change in the weather. I lifted up a simple prayer to the Lord that evening asking Him to demonstrate His power and to show America that He is sovereign over all. The next morning the radio announcers on 94.9 FM WUBL mentioned that God was answering prayer and rain was now in the forecast. Later that evening we incorporated the WeatherChannel.com into our family worship. I took this rare opportunity to show my children the radar maps and teach them that God answers prayer. While I was teaching, you could hear the rain begin to pound the roof of our house. It was an event that we will never forget.
Brandon R. Vallorani,

So the founder is god crazy. Unfortunately his facts contained in the link are just that, facts.

Can't argue facts, change the subject. Gotcha.....

They don't campaign on the money from unwilling contributors. Look at the FEC regulations - that would be Federal Law.

Now, tell us again how much you know about the USA, eh, skippy?

No airline folks are out of work. The FAA is not the airlines. Tell us some more how well versed you are in the USA, eh, sparky?

Some FAA construction workers are out of work. None of the essential personnel are off the job. And, if the Dems had not changed the act - one that has been working for years - it would have been voted through easily.

C'mon, tell us again how much you know about the USA. It's cute when you do.

If you're going to make a legal argument, it's best to cite which specific law you feel the President is violating. If you feel strongly enough, you can even file a complaint with the FEC, or request your elected Representative to do so on behalf of the tax payers.

Hey, you were the one who called it campaigning, not I. I'm just responding to you doing that.

.... It seems that a deal was made to put the FAA employees back to work. What did the Democrats change about the act? I understood that it was Republicans that wanted to make it more difficult for airline employees to unionize that was the issue. You know, the ones that aren't part of the airlines?:cuckoo:
There are plenty of threads on that, but it's good to see you really have no ideas about the background of the situation.

Yeah right. This has got to be the most transparent attempt at subterfuge I've ever seen. I was actually responding to someone else that claimed it was campaigning. But you don't see me hiding behind that fact. You posted a link claiming that the President was violating the law. If you didn't agree that it was campaigning you could have just said so. Instead you tried to make a legal argument that he was in violation of FEC regulations. Now that you can't back up your argument with fact, you're trying to back away from your false claims, by claiming you never said it was campaigning? Learn how to debate.

If you're going to make a legal argument, it's best to cite which specific law you feel the President is violating. If you feel strongly enough, you can even file a complaint with the FEC, or request your elected Representative to do so on behalf of the tax payers.

Hey, you were the one who called it campaigning, not I. I'm just responding to you doing that.

.... It seems that a deal was made to put the FAA employees back to work. What did the Democrats change about the act? I understood that it was Republicans that wanted to make it more difficult for airline employees to unionize that was the issue. You know, the ones that aren't part of the airlines?:cuckoo:
There are plenty of threads on that, but it's good to see you really have no ideas about the background of the situation.

Yeah right. This has got to be the most transparent attempt at subterfuge I've ever seen. I was actually responding to someone else that claimed it was campaigning. But you don't see me hiding behind that fact. You posted a link claiming that the President was violating the law.

Not too bright, eh, skippy? IF the president was campaigning, as you said, then he would have been breaking a law, which I posted.

Can one sue schools for nonperformance in Australia? For your sake, I hope so. You should be compensated for those damages.

He should just give the costs of this debacle to a couple of Unemployed Americans. Money much better spent for sure. This is just a Re-Election ploy sham. :(

Brandon R. Vallorani,

So the founder is god crazy. Unfortunately his facts contained in the link are just that, facts.

There's not enough in the OP to make any determination what the "facts" are. The facts from your source is all of two paragraphs. Most of which is a transcript of a White House briefing, without any source link, so that we can't hear the entire exchange. Apparently, this was enough to get you so upset you had to start a thread about it. Unfortunately, you didn't bother to research beyond what your source claimed. If you had you would have known that the one of buses you're so upset over, are going to be offered to who ever is the Republican nominee. And that they were purchased by the Secret Service for this specific purpose. All of which we pay for.

That's what happens when you get your news from right-wing, religious nutjobs.

Last edited:
I'm sure the costs of this Re-Election sham could be better spent. He should consider dropping this tour.

There's not enough in the OP to make any determination what the "facts" are. The facts from your source is all of two paragraphs. Most of which is a transcript of a White House briefing, without any source link, so that we can't hear the entire exchange. Apparently, this was enough to get you so upset you had to start a thread about it. Unfortunately, you didn't bother to research beyond what your source claimed. If you had you would have known that the one of buses you're so upset over, are going to be offered to who ever is the Republican nominee. And that they were purchased by the Secret Service for this specific purpose. All of which we pay for.

I'm not upset about busses moron. That's what happens when you have no reading comprehension.

Yeah right. This has got to be the most transparent attempt at subterfuge I've ever seen. I was actually responding to someone else that claimed it was campaigning. But you don't see me hiding behind that fact. You posted a link claiming that the President was violating the law.

Not too bright, eh, skippy? IF the president was campaigning, as you said, then he would have been breaking a law, which I posted.

Can one sue schools for nonperformance in Australia? For your sake, I hope so. You should be compensated for those damages.

It's not that complicate. You tried to make an argument. I responded by asking for more details. You decide to try to dodge the fact that you didn't have the details by claiming your argument was hypothetical ( as if that would even be relevant if it were true).

I'll admit I don't get the references to Australia though.
What's that all about?

I'm not upset about busses moron. That's what happens when you have no reading comprehension.

ROFLMAO. So that's what you chose to disagree with. Kinda like some calls you a stupid idiot. And you respond that you're not an idiot, huh? And if your going to call people morons and claim they have reading comprehension, the least you could do is check your spelling.

ROFLMAO. So that's what you chose to disagree with. Kinda like some calls you a stupid idiot. And you respond that you're not an idiot, huh? And if your going to call people morons and claim they have reading comprehension, the least you could do is check your spelling.

I'm on my phone I don't have access to the spell checker.

And my argument all along has been about the tax payers money being used to fund campaigning. Yet you still can't grasp that easy fact.

Why are you so obsessed with my thread? OCD really bad eh?

If this were put to a Vote,i'm positive most Americans would like this money spent on something more worthwhile. This is just a cheap Re-Election ploy. And most people know this.

The bus was purchased by the Secret Service for exactly this purpose. Before this they had to retrofit rented out buses. So it's actually cheaper now, then it was before.

You missed the entire point I was trying to make.

The Secret Service never purchased a bus before because no president has traveled by bus in years. The Secret Service retrofitted buses to protect candidates, which requires a lot less technology than protecting a president.

My point wasn't even about the Army One bus, it was about the fact that there has to be an entire mobile communication system that follows the president around when he travels, that is why they use the plane. That center will also have to designed and purchased, and it will only be used once, because no other president will ever be arrogant enough to think that anyone will believe he is going on a bus tour because he is just like them.

Wrong. It's a fleet of buses. They weren't purchased exclusively for Obama. They are to be used by other elected officials as well, including the Republican nominee for President. As far as the communications capabilities, that's information that the Secret Service refuses to comment on. I don't know where you're getting your information. But it's obviously incorrect. Either that or you're just making shit up.

You really are dense.

Let me use large letters so you will see what I am saying.

Air Force One is equipped with a secure communications net that makes it possible for the president, and his staff, to communicate with the Pentagon, DHS, and everyone else, so that they can run the government. This communication center is not paid for, nor is it staffed by, Secret Service. That means that, even if the Secret Service purchased 1000 buses in order to ferry every candidate that might run for president, which they do not do anyway, there would still need to be a whole fleet of buses following following the president around in order to keep him, and his staff, in touch with everyone they need to be in touch with.

Do you understand now? Or are you still going to insist that this is a good idea?

It's a bitch to post a link on my iPhone, but just google secret service buys buses. I found a link from abc that says the very same thing he said. One will be provided for the republican candidate as well.
They're Secret Service buses. One will be furnished to the Republican nominee as well. He didn't have it built specifically for his campaign. They're already part of the Secret Service fleet. Bitch at the Secret Service if you don't like. Good luck with that, though.
Just curious... where did you get this information about the buses from the Secret Service? Do you have a link to confirm that they will be giving a bus to the GOP nominee as well?

Still missing my point, and Murkels'. My point is that there has to be a communication center following him around, and Murkel's is that this is a violation of the campaign financing laws.

I'm sure this has already been covered, but...

This not a campaign trip.

Though I'm not sure who makes that determination. I'm certain that a very strong argument could (and probably will be) made to the contrary. I have mixed feelings about the trip myself. On the one hand, a president should be able to get out among the people he represents, take the pulse of the nation first hand, so to speak. On the other hand, when does campaigning begin? It seems to me that now would be about the right time. I say that only because of the current state of the nation. If things were going better I would anticipate a later start for a sitting president...

Just my opinion, I don't know. Overall, this trip and the expense doesn't bother me. Might as well complain about his taking a vacation or playing golf...

I am supposed to believe that Obama suddenly decided to take a bus trip around the country on official business?

Can you name the last time a president took a bus tour of the country?

Though I'm not sure who makes that determination. I'm certain that a very strong argument could (and probably will be) made to the contrary. I have mixed feelings about the trip myself. On the one hand, a president should be able to get out among the people he represents, take the pulse of the nation first hand, so to speak. On the other hand, when does campaigning begin? It seems to me that now would be about the right time. I say that only because of the current state of the nation. If things were going better I would anticipate a later start for a sitting president...

Just my opinion, I don't know. Overall, this trip and the expense doesn't bother me. Might as well complain about his taking a vacation or playing golf...

I am supposed to believe that Obama suddenly decided to take a bus trip around the country on official business?

Can you name the last time a president took a bus tour of the country?

not only that. He is focusing on the battle ground states. Just an odd coincidence I'm sure tho

Right. It's a Look-at-the-shovel-ready-*snicker, snicker*-jobs-that-aren't-there trip.

But, it sure is a slick way to force the unwilling to donate to the campaign of the Hope and Change/Mr. Transparency president.

I don't disagree with you, Si, I'm just saying there's not much anyone can do about it. It's basically their word against ours. Perhaps they should establish a date for determining when the election\campaigning season begins. Say Labor Day before the next election? Anything after that is on the candidate? Personally, I would consider this trip a campaign swing, it's hard to see it as anything but.

How about this.

Once he starts fundraising the campaign has begun. He started that already.

Yep, he feels he's ENTITLED to it.
As far as I'm concerned the man has NEVER STOPPED campaigning. You have to wonder who is running the show up there.

Poor baby. The President has a bus. Can't get anyone in real life to take you seriously about it, so you have to whine on an internet site. Booo hooo hooo.:eusa_boohoo:
The president always campaigns on "our" money. Obama really hasn't done anything ALL other Republican presidents have done, but of course righties are filled with moral outrage over everything.

If Obama didn't campaign, they'd say he doesn't care. If he campaigned a little, they'd say he doesn't care enough. If he campaigned alot, they'd say he doesn't care about his job as president. If he flew...they'd say he's a hypocrit for flying on a "private" jet. If he stays in a nice hotel, they say he's spending too much. If he stayed at Motel 6, they'd say he's disgracing and cheapening the office of president.

It's funner, and way easier, to be a back seat political driver. I had way more fun on boards like this when W was in office. Conservative media has declared open season on arm chair politicial quarterbacking, and the righties on this site don't seem to grasp that concept, and appear to actualy believe that Obama is doing things that no Republican has done as regularly.

Bush took a campaign bus tour, and called it an official trip, in order to force us to pay for it?

Do you have a link?

Forum List

Back