Obama assassination ad pulled from PA newspaper

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
A classified ad which ran yesterday in a Pennsylvania newspaper -– which appears to call for the assassination for President Obama -– was pulled today.

The ad, which ran in the classified section of The Warren Times Observer, connects Mr. Obama, the first African-American president, with four previous presidents who have been assassinated and reads, “May Obama follow in the steps of Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley and Kennedy!"

Local Classified Ad Yanked After Calling for Obama Assassination - Political Punch

Link to the ad here.

There we go, now that was a good "censorship" ... death threats are illegal. Although I don't really see the "threat" in the ad, gotta be more to the story.

There we go, now that was a good "censorship" ... death threats are illegal. Although I don't really see the "threat" in the ad, gotta be more to the story.

I don't think there is anything more to the story, KK, the ad was the story.

While it may not be a clear cut death threat, it's certainly calling for the assassination of the president.

While it may not be a clear cut death threat, it's certainly calling for the assassination of the president.

If you put an ad in the paper like that, it would seem as if you're calling for the assassination of Obama. However, it seems as if they had legal guidance in the way it was worded. I'm not sure if this is even a crime since it didnt include the necessary verbiage.

If you put an ad in the paper like that, it would seem as if you're calling for the assassination of Obama. However, it seems as if they had legal guidance in the way it was worded. I'm not sure if this is even a crime since it didnt include the necessary verbiage.

I'm no legal expert, j, put you don't need a PhD in US History either to put two and two together here.

I'm no legal expert, j, put you don't need a PhD in US History either to put two and two together here.

I'm sure they realize the intent, but as the story says, they're investigating (looking for a specific law that covers this).

A classified ad which ran yesterday in a Pennsylvania newspaper -– which appears to call for the assassination for President Obama -– was pulled today.

The ad, which ran in the classified section of The Warren Times Observer, connects Mr. Obama, the first African-American president, with four previous presidents who have been assassinated and reads, “May Obama follow in the steps of Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley and Kennedy!"

Local Classified Ad Yanked After Calling for Obama Assassination - Political Punch

Link to the ad here.

What an idiot. I'm certain this won't end with the newspaper simply pulling the ad. This guy just made himself a person of interest. Placing an ad isn't a completely anonymous way to go.

I'm amazed that these extremists get away with making such vicious comments about the president these days anyway. Talkshow hosts are some of the biggest culprits.

Ahhh the press of the time hammared Abe Lincoln too, and look how that turned out.

Oooooooopppps.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like a threat so much as a wish.

I'd still pull it if I was the editor.

Funny how that works, YOU always know what is, but the rest of us are wrong when we use the same line of reasoning on things the Democrats do. Go figure.

Link to the ad here.

What an idiot. I'm certain this won't end with the newspaper simply pulling the ad. This guy just made himself a person of interest. Placing an ad isn't a completely anonymous way to go.

I'm amazed that these extremists get away with making such vicious comments about the president these days anyway. Talkshow hosts are some of the biggest culprits.

Yet you had NO problems with all the crap during 8 years of Bush, I wonder why?

WARREN, Pa. (AP) — A northwestern Pennsylvania newspaper is apologizing for running a classified advertisement calling for the assassination of President Barack Obama.

Warren Times Observer Publisher John Elchert says the ad appeared Thursday. It read, "May Obama follow in the steps of Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley and Kennedy!" The four presidents were all assassinated.

Elchert tells The Associated Press that the newspaper's advertising staff didn't make the historical connection.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gJBptWjBL38eb72IUegLtlyvTAsAD98G24180

No bailout money for these guys. :lol:

Funny how that works, YOU always know what is, but the rest of us are wrong when we use the same line of reasoning on things the Democrats do. Go figure.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Are you telling me you can't decipher what that ad is trying to say?

Yet you had NO problems with all the crap during 8 years of Bush, I wonder why?

Yo, RGS, you aren't a mind reader, guy. Go take your meds. You didn't even know who Sarah was when Bush was POTUS.

Forum List

Back