Obama assassination ad pulled from PA newspaper

I'm no legal expert, j, put you don't need a PhD in US History either to put two and two together here.

Funny how that works, YOU always know what is, but the rest of us are wrong when we use the same line of reasoning on things the Democrats do. Go figure.

Stupid ass. Nobody I have seen has stated in any way that they wished Bush to die. Just to stand before a judge and jury for his crimes.

You are the stupid ass, running off at the mouth without knowing what you're talking about. As usual.

And, you are wrong. Been done, more than once, on THIS board.

Well, at least it didn't say may Obama's kidneys fail.

you know that is witty...

i wonder what would happen if i wrote obama a letter and said "i hope your kidney's fail"....

i wonder if the SS would be all over me....if i didn't have a public profession, i might do it, just for the "story" and then sell the story

When you are not defending torture, or promoting incest, you seem to be advocating assination of the President. What a sweet character you are.

And what a stupid, pointless one YOU are.

"Elchert tells The Associated Press that the newspaper's advertising staff didn't make the historical connection."

I'm not sure if i should cry or laugh over that one. Aren't journalist supposed to know basic history like that?

No. A high school diploma that says you passed is all. And it's different being an editor than a journalist writing a story. The latter would of course be expected to research what he was writing at least enough to sound intelligent.

And editor is proofreading. He/she is most certainly not going to research each and every ad in the classified section.

"Elchert tells The Associated Press that the newspaper's advertising staff didn't make the historical connection."

I'm not sure if i should cry or laugh over that one. Aren't journalist supposed to know basic history like that?

I would like to see a study: How many journalists have an IQ above 50.

Hell, I'd even pay for a study like that in spite of already knowing the findings.

I took journalism for 4 years and my IQ is above 50, thanks.

While it may not be a clear cut death threat, it's certainly calling for the assassination of the president.

If you put an ad in the paper like that, it would seem as if you're calling for the assassination of Obama. However, it seems as if they had legal guidance in the way it was worded. I'm not sure if this is even a crime since it didnt include the necessary verbiage.

Yeah, like those presidents have anything in common. It doesn't take a mental giant to figure out the meaning. It's because of subtle threats like that (and real ones that the public doesn't even hear about) that Obama and Michelle didn't take the shuttle to NYC.

If you put an ad in the paper like that, it would seem as if you're calling for the assassination of Obama. However, it seems as if they had legal guidance in the way it was worded. I'm not sure if this is even a crime since it didnt include the necessary verbiage.

I'm no legal expert, j, put you don't need a PhD in US History either to put two and two together here.

I'm sure they realize the intent, but as the story says, they're investigating (looking for a specific law that covers this).

It's undoubtedly worth some knocking on doors. The FBI is ever vigilent looking for covert plans of assassination. In fact, the word itself is one of DHS's so-called "buzzwords" scanning the Internet. So wannabes should be on the lookout for the those black helicopters hovering over their neighborhoods.

A classified ad which ran yesterday in a Pennsylvania newspaper -– which appears to call for the assassination for President Obama -– was pulled today.

The ad, which ran in the classified section of The Warren Times Observer, connects Mr. Obama, the first African-American president, with four previous presidents who have been assassinated and reads, “May Obama follow in the steps of Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley and Kennedy!"

Local Classified Ad Yanked After Calling for Obama Assassination - Political Punch

Link to the ad here.

Are they upset because their Penguins are down 0 2 to Detroit?

But movies about assassinating Mr Bush were just A-OK.

:cuckoo:

What movie was that? The only "movie" I'm aware of is "W" which is a comedy. Even Fahrenheit 911 didn't call for his assassination. If there were undergound "movies" (documentaries), then I have a strong feeling whoever produced them were also investigated. Just because you don't read about stuff going on behind the scenes doesn't mean it doesn't actually happen, on a regular basis.

The hatred for Obama, however, far surpasses anything I ever saw for Bush en masse. He was getting death threats before he was even nominated, which is why Secret Service was provided to him and his famiily months before.

Well journalists are hardly advertising clerks. Those are the peons who take the phone calls and fill out the appropriate forms, and are probably paid slightly above minimum wage.

Really? Sorry if I don't budge but you dumb asses have said for 8 years that things you inferred did not really mean what we all knew they meant when caught at it. You are even now claiming that a certain Judge simply did not mean what she obviously said as well.

Again from earlier in the thread ... I don't know what any of this stuff from the Bush years that you choose to project onto me has to do with this very specific incident. Why do you constantly knee jerk about Boooooooosh? What's your deal?

I will admit this ad may suggest what you claim as soon as You, Jillian and the rest of the left side agree that what a certain Judge said means she is a racist and not afraid to admit it.

lol ...

That you are willing to "make a deal" about it says all that I really need to know ... that you know full well what that ad is saying.

Once again for the terminally stupid and slow. What you INFER means nothing since you claim when ever the left infers something it didn't really.

Proven by your ignorant claim that the Judge in question isn't a racist, when she made such a racist comment and belongs to a racist organization.

Remind us how if a WHITE Organization was named "the RACE" and had as its planks all the things her group has as theirs, just for whites not Hispanics, You would not call them what they would be, RACISTS.

Why are you switching topics so dramatically? What do Sonyamayer's nomination and an ad subtly implying assassination of Obama even remotely have in common?

Once again for the terminally stupid and slow. What you INFER means nothing since you claim when ever the left infers something it didn't really.

What are you talking about?

What are you talking about? I've made one comment on the court nominee and it was something along the lines of "damn that's whack" when commenting on her ruling about a student that couldn't run for class office. Other than that I, as in me Article 15 and not imaginary liberals whose words you seem to believe I have to own and defend, said.

Remind us how if a WHITE Organization was named "the RACE" and had as its planks all the things her group has as theirs, just for whites not Hispanics, You would not call them what they would be, RACISTS.

Again, what are you talking about?

Seriously, man, this is a thread about a very pointed ad that called for or at the least hoped for President Obama to be assassinated. It makes no sense for you to bring up a bunch of completely irrelevent shit into this thread. None.

ROFL... it's known as obtuse dissembling...

The Gunny is right, The Left wants to imply everything, allow no inference and demand that thread integrity be held to the HIGHEST STANDARDS, when it's their OX that's be 'Gored'... (pun intended...)

Or, in lay terms, "terminal stupidity"??

While it may not be a clear cut death threat, it's certainly calling for the assassination of the president.

Yeah, like those presidents have anything in common. It doesn't take a mental giant to figure out the meaning. It's because of subtle threats like that (and real ones that the public doesn't even hear about) that Obama and Michelle didn't take the shuttle to NYC.[/QUOTE]

Evidently it does take at least a double digit IQ, since many of the W supporters on the board see no threat. FRIGIN AMAZING!

Forum List

Back