Obama admin to Boston Herald: You're not allowed access because of a story you wrote

so, anyone, any examples other than the a fore mentioned non example? I'll check back later.

[in my best chuck woolery voice-over]

"and heres hoping that the sun shines on YOUR particular news org. as it always maintains its...."

I'm looking for an example of another president barring access to public events held by a president such as this one now. I'm sure there is one out there that will be similar....even so, you could provide me 20 examples and I will still think this is bad behavior by the Obama admin and any other admin that did the same thing.

This is one of the most thin-skinned and partisan administrations ever.

But I hope they keep it up. It's good for the voting public to get frequent examples of Obama's true nature.

so, anyone, any examples other than the a fore mentioned non example? I'll check back later.

It isn't a non-example, you're just pulling a Madam Mim.

when one gets to the point in a conversation that requires employment of strawman, defense of the mangling of definitions of words, fallacious harm and making oneself right by doing so, its usually time to quit. seriously.

so, have any other examples? of the san fran event? maybe?

"and heres hoping that the sun shines on YOUR particular news org. as it always maintains its...."

I'm looking for an example of another president barring access to public events held by a president such as this one now. I'm sure there is one out there that will be similar....even so, you could provide me 20 examples and I will still think this is bad behavior by the Obama admin and any other admin that did the same thing.

yes, good post, logical forthright and if I were presented with similar acts by Bush Reagan Truman etc. I'd call them same; crass under handed and frankly undemocratic, ' Nixonian' in fact.

It is Nixonian. And in other aspects, Obama is Carteresque.

What a great combination!

when one gets to the point in a conversation that requires employment of strawman, defense of the mangling of definitions of words, fallacious harm and making oneself right by doing so, its usually time to quit. seriously.

You already got your example of the Bush admin denying access to someone for negative reporting, you can deny and spin all the live long day but it happened. Why would I waste my time looking for any other examples when you have already told me water isn't wet? It's clear you have decided to use the Madame Mim strategy. It's not worth talking to a wall today.

This is a public event? You don't need a ticket to attend? Seems to counter the whole fund raising idea.

You already got your example of the Bush admin denying access to someone for negative reporting, you can deny and spin all the live long day but it happened. Why would I waste my time looking for any other examples when you have already told me water isn't wet? It's clear you have decided to use the Madame Mim strategy. It's not worth talking to a wall today.

All that being said I have a question for you.

Do you approve or dissaprove of presidents barring reporters from public events?

This is a public event? You don't need a ticket to attend? Seems to counter the whole fund raising idea.

Can anyone buy a ticket?

man your bad today, its like your not yourself

All that being said I have a question for you.

Do you approve or dissaprove of presidents barring reporters from public events?

I'm not sure if it is a public event.

On the outrage scale of 1-10 ... barring reporters from a public event rates around 1.5.

:lol:
so, access isn't quite access if you're in the room, and, there's no difference if you're in the room or not anyway.....got it
dizzy.gif

and Obama says, hey, thats Ok,:lol: because Fox has been r-educated, ooops, sorry, I meant rehabilitated, oh no wait...well,whatever, its now back as a

Attachments

• $o-presspass2.jpg
    $o-presspass2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 43
It seems the White House already has a Ministry of Truth and Fairness, and it doesn't like front page op eds by former governors who might run for president.

The White House Press Office has refused to give the Boston Herald full access to President Obama’s Boston fund-raiser today, in e-mails objecting to the newspaper’s front page placement of a Mitt Romney op-ed, saying pool reporters are chosen based on whether they cover the news “fairly.” “I tend to consider the degree to which papers have demonstrated to covering the White House regularly and fairly in determining local pool reporters,” White House spokesman Matt Lehrich wrote in response to a Herald request for full access to the presidential visit.
“My point about the op-ed was not that you ran it but that it was the full front page, which excluded any coverage of the visit of a sitting US President to Boston. I think that raises a fair question about whether the paper is unbiased in its coverage of the President’s visits,” Lehrich wrote.

But don't worry, we're not really doing this.

But Lehrich said the Herald wasn’t purposefully barred from the press pool, saying local pool duty by the Boston Globe was arranged earlier with the White House Correspondents Association. And Lehrich insisted the Herald may yet be allowed into Obama events.

White House shuts out Herald scribe - BostonHerald.com

If only the media had realized how thin skinned Obama was before he got elected. If only someone had actually asked him a hard question.

merged-del

Forum List

Back