Obama admin to Boston Herald: You're not allowed access because of a story you wrote

Tell me what you have read about the Adiministrations side of the story?

You all take as the unmiutigated truth ONE side of the issue.

Remember you hate the media.

"tend to consider the degree to which papers have demonstrated to covering the White House regularly and fairly in determining local pool reporters,” White House spokesman Matt Lehrich wrote in response to a Herald request for full access to the presidential visit."

so if the politician thinks he's being covered in a biased manner, he gets to stifle that particular media outlet.

do you suppose that possibly this is why freedom of the press is protected by the first amendment?

why do you hate freedom?

Yes all that was in the link i provided truthmatters. The link in the first post.

Del did you move this to politics? I almost posted it in politics at first but then thought "well its about the media so maybe i should post it there"

Just asking for future reference, i dont care what section its in as long as its not the romper room :lol:

So what?

Maybe they should send a reporter out to cover whatever Mitt is doing?

So what?

They did that on May 8th and it is the reason obama's admin wont let them into this event.....they checked out what mitt was doing and did a front page story on mitt while not putting obama on the front page, this is the issue the admin has with the herald.

So what?

Hand-picked media garners a "so what."

Remember you said this when the next republican is in office if he pulls a stunt like this.

"We are going to have a press conference, NBC, MSNBC, the boston globe, the new york times, media matters (and all other soros media outlets) are not allowed in, we dont like how you report on us"

:rofl: that would sound so pathetic :rofl:

So what?

Remember you said this when the next republican is in office if he pulls a stunt like this.

"We are going to have a press conference, NBC, MSNBC, the boston globe, the new york times, media matters (and all other soros media outlets) are not allowed in, we dont like how you report on us"

Yeah I'm sure Blind would have no problem with let's say Romney talking to a room full of Fox News and American Thinker reporters.

He'd say "so what?"

I'm certain of that.............................................

So what?

They did that on May 8th and it is the reason obama's admin wont let them into this event.....they checked out what mitt was doing and did a front page story on mitt while not putting obama on the front page, this is the issue the admin has with the herald.

No, I think you might want to re-read your story Pilgrim. They put an editorial/opinion piece written by Mitt on the entire front page. That is what the WH find objectionable.

So what?

I remember what I said when Bush kicked out some WH reporter that he didn't like the questions he asked.

"So what? It's all propaganda coming out of the WH anyway"

Has something changed. I mean it's the same coin running things, just a different side.

So what?

The Herald was barred from a Press Confrence?

:eek::eek:

Last edited:
So what?

No, I think you might want to re-read your story Pilgrim. They put an editorial/opinion piece written by Mitt on the entire front page. That is what the WH find objectionable.

Yeah pretty pathetic thing to ban a media outlet from your events over...especially in the USA where we celebrate the freedom of the press....and no im not saying what obama is doing is unconstitutional just that it is against the spirit of free speech and a free press.

White House shuts out Herald scribe - BostonHerald.com

The White House Press Office has refused to give the Boston Herald full access to President Obama’s Boston fund-raiser today, in e-mails objecting to the newspaper’s front page placement of a Mitt Romney op-ed, saying pool reporters are chosen based on whether they cover the news “fairly.”

“I tend to consider the degree to which papers have demonstrated to covering the White House regularly and fairly in determining local pool reporters,” White House spokesman Matt Lehrich wrote in response to a Herald request for full access to the presidential visit.

“My point about the op-ed was not that you ran it but that it was the full front page, which excluded any coverage of the visit of a sitting US President to Boston. I think that raises a fair question about whether the paper is unbiased in its coverage of the President’s visits,” Lehrich wrote.

The administration straight out admitted to not allowing the Herlad reporter in due to Obama's visit not being on the front page and instead running a front page story on Romney.

To me this behavior by the white house, especially considering that last sentence, is both UN-Presidential and UN-American. Its also very childish behavior, not very mature at all.

Very silly.. but also not much different from what other politicians have done to keep their critics from having access to them.

So what?

I remember what I said when Bush kicked out some WH reporter that he didn't like the questions he asked.

Has something changed. I mean it's the same coin running things, just a different side.

To borrow a term from Jon Stewart against Bill O'Rielly.. Boo-yah!

White House shuts out Herald scribe - BostonHerald.com

The White House Press Office has refused to give the Boston Herald full access to President Obama’s Boston fund-raiser today, in e-mails objecting to the newspaper’s front page placement of a Mitt Romney op-ed, saying pool reporters are chosen based on whether they cover the news “fairly.”

“I tend to consider the degree to which papers have demonstrated to covering the White House regularly and fairly in determining local pool reporters,” White House spokesman Matt Lehrich wrote in response to a Herald request for full access to the presidential visit.

“My point about the op-ed was not that you ran it but that it was the full front page, which excluded any coverage of the visit of a sitting US President to Boston. I think that raises a fair question about whether the paper is unbiased in its coverage of the President’s visits,” Lehrich wrote.

The administration straight out admitted to not allowing the Herlad reporter in due to Obama's visit not being on the front page and instead running a front page story on Romney.

To me this behavior by the white house, especially considering that last sentence, is both UN-Presidential and UN-American. Its also very childish behavior, not very mature at all.

Very silly.. but also not much different from what other politicians have done to keep their critics from having access to them.

I know and its shameful that they do this, i dont care what party they are from if your a publicly elected official you shouldn't be able to shun the media.

I just saw this story on Neil Cavuto! :)

USMB - Where news breaks :lol:

LOL. But Bush got only praise for keeping the 'riff-raff' out of his townhall meetings. Bush came to Portland, the annointed got to listen to him speak, everybody else stood behind a cyclone fence.

You poor babies are going to piss, moan, mewl, and puke, no matter what our President does. You even dissed him for giving the orders to get Bin Laden.

and obama wouldn't let persons wearing Burqa's stand behind him at a Townhall, so, your point is?

So what?

I have not heard that, who was it?

So you are taking only ONE side of the story to make your accessment of what really happened?

You make a very poor detective.

Are you accusing the Boston Herald of lying about what the White House said? Do you realize how easy it is to prove that if it were true? The White House actually tried to accuse the Chronicle of lying a few weeks ago, and had to admit they were the ones that were lying. That gives precedent and makes this story more credible.

Last edited:
But Bush did it first! Waah!

Actually all presidents have likely done it.

examples please?

Didn't Helen Tomas get moved to the back of the bus and have to wait three years before being called upon by Bush again at a presser after she said she was covering the worst President in history?

Yeah, I know...anti-semite but there's your Bush example.

Didn't she still have fill access to the White House and was still part of the press pool?

Yes, she lost access for THREE YEARS ... up until then she was given the opportunity to ask a question at every presser. And she was moved from the front to the back row.

She was also stripped of the privilege of ending every presser.

This silly "b-but it wasn't exactly what the Obama admin did so it doesn't count" is a bunch hooey.

you may want to look up the word *access*.

Going from being able to ask a question at every presser to not being called upon to ask a question is absolutely losing access.

She lost access to the President.

That is nothing like what Obama is doing, but thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back