Obama admin to Boston Herald: You're not allowed access because of a story you wrote

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
White House shuts out Herald scribe - BostonHerald.com

The White House Press Office has refused to give the Boston Herald full access to President Obama’s Boston fund-raiser today, in e-mails objecting to the newspaper’s front page placement of a Mitt Romney op-ed, saying pool reporters are chosen based on whether they cover the news “fairly.”

“I tend to consider the degree to which papers have demonstrated to covering the White House regularly and fairly in determining local pool reporters,” White House spokesman Matt Lehrich wrote in response to a Herald request for full access to the presidential visit.

“My point about the op-ed was not that you ran it but that it was the full front page, which excluded any coverage of the visit of a sitting US President to Boston. I think that raises a fair question about whether the paper is unbiased in its coverage of the President’s visits,” Lehrich wrote.

The administration straight out admitted to not allowing the Herlad reporter in due to Obama's visit not being on the front page and instead running a front page story on Romney.

To me this behavior by the white house, especially considering that last sentence, is both UN-Presidential and UN-American. Its also very childish behavior, not very mature at all.

Last edited:
But Bush did it first! Waah!

Actually all presidents have likely done it.

Was that after or before He told Noah to build the Ark and flooded the earth? Was it before he started the Civil War or WWII??? Was it before or after he sunk the Titanic? Was it before or after he brought about the Black Death? Why oh why, can't you be more specific uscitizen??? Is there anything in your mind Bush is not responsible for? .... Just saying. ;)

The White House Press Office has refused to give the Boston Herald full access to President Obama’s Boston fund-raiser today, in e-mails objecting to the newspaper’s front page placement of a Mitt Romney op-ed, saying pool reporters are chosen based on whether they cover the news “fairly.”

“I tend to consider the degree to which papers have demonstrated to covering the White House regularly and fairly in determining local pool reporters,” White House spokesman Matt Lehrich wrote in response to a Herald request for full access to the presidential visit.

“My point about the op-ed was not that you ran it but that it was the full front page, which excluded any coverage of the visit of a sitting US President to Boston. I think that raises a fair question about whether the paper is unbiased in its coverage of the President’s visits,” Lehrich wrote.

To me this behavior by the white house, especially considering that last sentence, is both UN-Presidential and UN-American. Its also very childish behavior, not very mature at all.

I thought Obama was so Transparent??? I guess in his own, way he is.

Was that after or before He told Noah to build the Ark and flooded the earth? Was it before he started the Civil War or WWII??? Was it before or after he sunk the Titanic? Was it before or after he brought about the Black Death? Why oh why, can't you be more specific uscitizen??? Is there anything in your mind Bush is not responsible for? .... Just saying. ;)

You realy need to work on that comprehension problem.

I thought Obama was so Transparent??? I guess in his own, way he is.

Oh this was transparant man. The administration straight out admitted to not allowing the Herlad reporter in due to Obama's visit not being on the front page and instead running a front page story on Romney.

The criteria for "fair" being, of course, "how much they kiss Obama's ass".

The White House is full of petulant children. :cool:

The administration straight out admitted to not allowing the Herlad reporter in due to Obama's visit not being on the front page and instead running a front page story on Romney.

Move over Fox News!

Another target of free speech by this thug administration.

1.” President Obama is working systematically to marginalize the most powerful forces behind the Republican Party, setting loose top White House officials to undermine conservatives in the media, business and lobbying worlds…. Obama aides are using their powerful White House platform, combined with techniques honed in the 2008 campaign, to cast some of the most powerful adversaries as out of the mainstream and their criticism as unworthy of serious discussion. Everyone from White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel to White House Communications Director Anita Dunn has piled on Fox News by contending it’s not a legitimate news operation. Obama strategy: Marginalize most powerful critics - Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

a. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Alinsky, “Rules for Radicals,” p. 130.

b. So a new White House strategy has emerged: rather than just giving reporters ammunition to "fact-check" Obama's many critics, the White House decided it would become a player, issuing biting attacks on those pundits, politicians and outlets…"It's opinion journalism masquerading as news," [Anita] Dunn says.” Calling 'Em Out: The White House Takes on the Press - TIME

Come on man, be honest, Bush tolerated 100 fold from the press compared to Obama. It's rare when the Press is not campaigning for Obama.

This thread started out having nothing to do with Bush until you brought him in in the 2nd post, talking about reading comprehension and obsession.

Come on man, be honest, Bush tolerated 100 fold from the press compared to Obama. It's rare when the Press is not campaigning for Obama.

This thread started out having nothing to do with Bush until you brought him in in the 2nd post, talking about reading comprehension and obsession.

Yeah Bush's comments on the Media and handling of the media are the polar opposite of Obama and in my opinion are more along the lines of how a president should behave in this regard.

However, I think USCitizen was just trying to be funny here, I dont think he was seriously trying to justify the behavior by pointing to other bad behavior.

Yeah Bush's comments on the Media and handling of the media are the polar opposite of Obama and in my opinion are more along the lines of how a president should behave in this regard.

However, I think USCitizen was just trying to be funny here, I dont think he was seriously trying to justify the behavior by pointing to other bad behavior.

UScitizen try to divert an argument??? Bait and Switch??? Never! :lol:

is the white house obligated to give them access to a fund raiser? the herald showed they weren't that interested in covering the president. fine. let someone else do it then.

Ooops, the Herald has lost its

Attachments

• $o-presspass2.jpg
    $o-presspass2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 49
Obama will stoop to anything to make his point. We need a real American for President, someone with the ideals that make this country great. I don't know if we can find this person or not.

recent as well;

the wh also first denied it said it did any such thing, then retracted and then did a semi retract of the retract to 'clarify' things....:lol:

The "New media" is only laudable when it does exactly what its told apparently....

SF Chronicle video prompts White House threat
Friday, April 29, 2011

White House threatened Thursday to exclude The San Francisco Chronicle from pooled coverage of its events in the Bay Area after the paper posted a video of a protest at a San Francisco fundraiser for President Obama last week, Chronicle Editor Ward Bushee said.White House guidelines governing press coverage of such events are too restrictive, Bushee said, and the newspaper was within its rights to film the protest and post the video.

snip-

Chronicle senior political reporter Carla Marinucci was invited by the White House to cover the Obama fundraiser on April 21 on the condition that she send her written report to the White House to distribute to other reporters who did not attend. Such "pool reports" are routinely used for press coverage at White House events that are not open to the entire press corps.

About 200 donors paying $5,000 to $38,500 each attended the event at the St. Regis Hotel in the city, a day after Obama visited Facebook headquarters in Silicon Valley touting the proliferation of "new media" breaking the confines of traditional journalism.

At the St. Regis event, a group of protesters who paid collectively $76,000 to attend the fundraiser interrupted Obama with a song complaining about the administration's treatment of Pfc. Bradley Manning, the soldier who allegedly leaked U.S. classified documents to the WikiLeaks website.

As part of a "print-only pool," Marinucci was limited by White House guidelines to provide a print-only report, but Marinucci also took a video of the protest, which she posted in her written story on the online edition of The Chronicle at SFGate.com and on its politics blog after she sent her written pool report.

Marinucci said several other attendees, including protesters, also filmed the protest. She said she felt professionally obliged to use the same tools that private citizens were using to report on it.

Read more: SF Chronicle video prompts White House threat

So you are taking only ONE side of the story to make your accessment of what really happened?

You make a very poor detective.

examples please?

Didn't Helen Tomas get moved to the back of the bus and have to wait three years before being called upon by Bush again at a presser after she said she was covering the worst President in history?

Yeah, I know...anti-semite but there's your Bush example.

Forum List

Back