NY Times assigns Editor to Watch FOX News to get news scoops? Really?

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Did the title grab your attention? :badgrin:

WOW: The NY Times Assigns An Editor To Watch Fox News | Online | Mediaite

mediaite.com said:
Apparently part of the problem is that Times editors do not watch enough Fox. Or any Fox as the case may be. Says Jill Abramson there was an “insufficient tuned-in-ness to the issues that are dominating Fox News and talk radio.”

Some editors told me [Hoyt] they were not immediately aware of the Acorn videos on Fox, YouTube and a new conservative Web site called BigGovernment.com. When the Senate voted to cut off all federal funds to Acorn, there was not a word in the newspaper or on its Web site. When the New York City Council froze all its funding for Acorn and the Brooklyn district attorney opened a criminal investigation, there was still nothing.

Which is a major problem. You may not like Glenn Beck, you may think he is a nut job. You may think what he does is not journalism, you may think that in a perfect world of objective, reasoned, researched news reporting he should not have a place. But you ignore him at your own peril. Actually, there is the argument to be made that the Times ignores him at everyone’s peril — it is their job, after all, to watch and report on things the rest of us may not have the stomach for or any interest in. They are supposed to be watching Fox News so that other people don’t have to, not the other way around.

Very interesting. Don't you just love the libs that bash Fox News, but never even watch it? And of course, all they know is Hannity and Beck. Even O'Reilly has been getting some lefties on there. They take him seriously.

Fox News is not just commentary. Maybe these haters can learn something.

They assigned someone, but will not identify that person. They don't want him (her) to get a heads up on breaking stories that might expose liberals for what they are.

I actually watch FOX, CNN, NECN(new england cable news), and even will tune into MSNBC.

The news isn't all that different between the first 3 channels, the commentary shows are different but the news is basically the same.

Then you have the outlier, MSNBC which is just in real bad shape as a news outlet...they just suck.

Very interesting. Don't you just love the libs that bash Fox News, but never even watch it? And of course, all they know is Hannity and Beck. Even O'Reilly has been getting some lefties on there. They take him seriously.

I watch it all the time. You need to understand what the enemies of America are talking about so their insidious plans can be defeated. Fox isn't news. It's propaganda for the mentally deficient.

I watch it all the time. You need to understand what the enemies of America are talking about so their insidious plans can be defeated. Fox isn't news. It's propaganda for the mentally deficient.

so you're right in the sweet spot for their demographic.

that is insidious.

that is insidious.

:lol:

That was classic Del

Fox lies.

Accused of lying about health care, Fox host … lies about health care

Raw Story » Accused of lying about health care, Fox host … lies about health care

Fox being accused of lying is nothing new, that happens on a dail ybasis. I read the article, watched t4he clips I didn't see anything that remotely resembled a lie. Perhaps you can pinpoint the exact quote that you believe is a lie.

Of course you probably won't honor this request , because quite frankly none of you idiots ever back up your claims.

that is insidious.
Gotta love it when they write themselves! :lol:

NYT is effen pathetic.

They gotta watch Fox News to stay up on the news! Fucking pathetic!

Fox lies.

Accused of lying about health care, Fox host … lies about health care

Raw Story » Accused of lying about health care, Fox host … lies about health care

From Your article

“Are seniors going to be in front of a death panel?” Kilmeade asked, referring to specious claims made last Friday by ex-Alaska governor Sarah Palin. “And just as you think, ‘Okay, that’s ridiculous,’ then you realize that there’s provisions in there that seniors in the last lap of their life will be sitting there going to a panel possibly discussing what the best thing for them is.”

Read HR3200, section 122 and you will find that we have to have a “Health Benefits Advisory Committee to recommend covered benefits and essential, enhanced, and premium plans.” This will be chaired by the Surgeon General and will have “9 members who are not Federal employees or officers and who are appointed by the President”, “9 members who are not Federal employees or officers and who are appointed by the Comptroller General”, and an “even number of members (not to exceed 8 ) who are Federal employees and officers, as the President may appoint.” A committe with up to 27 members, 18 of whom are picked by the President. The bill says these people will “reflect providers, consumer representatives, employers, labor, health insurance issuers, experts in health care financing and delivery, experts in racial and ethnic disparities, experts in care for those with disabilities, representatives of relevant governmental agencies, and at least one practicing physician or other health professional and an expert on children’s health”.

See the language from the bill that i bolded and the language from FOX that I bolded. FOX did make an error as it isn't only Seniors, it is all Americans, who will be subject to this IF HR3200 passed in its current form. And its not a "Death Panel" its an "advisory Panel" to decide what to cover and what to deny.

Last edited:
I go on Foxnews.com all the time. Not because I expect to find any real news, but there is some stuff on there that's hilarious because it's so stupid.

By the way, when does the War on Christmas start this year? :eusa_whistle:

I go on Foxnews.com all the time. Not because I expect to find any real news, but there is some stuff on there that's hilarious because it's so stupid.

Can you cite some specifics?

I thought this was one hilarious example of Fox News stupidity.

Crack up nuts, Fox is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWVGmyyhx8g]YouTube - Fox News & Malkin Making Stuff Up About Obama[/ame]

If all you've heard on FNC is stuff like the war on Christmas, then you're watching the opinion shows, not the news. It's so common for libs not to know the difference, though.

I thought this was one hilarious example of Fox News stupidity.

Crack up nuts, Fox is.

YouTube - Fox News & Malkin Making Stuff Up About Obama

is the guy hosting the video as stupid as he appears?
50X less stupid than the idiots he was illuminating.

Doocy: Plagiarism? You decide.

:rofl:

hard to say, since there was no illumination going on there, just propagandizing.

she said obama had had problems with perceived plagiarism after he took deval patrick's tagline, which, as i recall was the case. she said nothing about the speech that had been just shown before we were switched back to whoever that cackling moron hosting the video is. i didn't bother watching it past there because it's obvious that there is nothing there, just tape being edited to present a one sided argument while laughing boy does his shtick.

the funny thing is that this is what fox is constantly accused of doing.

is the guy hosting the video as stupid as he appears?
50X less stupid than the idiots he was illuminating.

Doocy: Plagiarism? You decide.

:rofl:

hard to say, since there was no illumination going on there, just propagandizing.

she said obama had had problems with perceived plagiarism after he took deval patrick's tagline, which, as i recall was the case. she said nothing about the speech that had been just shown before we were switched back to whoever that cackling moron hosting the video is. i didn't bother watching it past there because it's obvious that there is nothing there, just tape being edited to present a one sided argument while laughing boy does his shtick.

the funny thing is that this is what fox is constantly accused of doing.
(I just typed out out a several paragraphed post, and damn! multi-tabbing back for a moment cause it to go bu-bye, as I hit the X out by mistake...damn. I hate when that happens.)

The tape is edited by Fox, who takes two COMPLETELY different speeches - one from Cuomo, and one from Obama, and asks ridiculously if it is an example of plagiarism. Yeah, the words "the" and "and" were similar. lol.

I don't feel like retyping it all...
All I can say is if you didn't bother viewing it all, no sense discussing it more with you.

Someone asked for an example of the stupid stuff coming from Fox, that was memorable. Doocy is such an idiot.

Forum List

Back