NY teacher Aptitude test screens out minorities

That is the problem with demanding equal outcomes based on arbitrary expectations - it always fails. If we are to expect merit and acumen to matter then the outcome is never going to mirror the arbitrary ratio of race in the surrounding community.

It is asinine to seek racial equality by demanding outcomes match that ratio.

It's almost like blacks and Hispanics have been deprived of public education for generations ... weird? but who would do such a thing?

It's almost like blacks and Hispanics have been deprived of public education for generations ... weird? but who would do such a thing?
No such people in my nuclear or extended families have ever been deprived of public education.

What are you talking about, precisely?
thats because your spoiled, over-priveledged ,sheltered, white supremacist who lives in a gated community where they immediately call the police if they even see a black or hispanic person.

you probably would be to scared to even set foot in an inner city school
Perhaps you didn't understand my post, before you launched into the standard strategy of deflection, intellectual dishonesty, nastiness and personal insults.

I'm half Hispanic. I'm married into a mixed race family. Our Christmastime family photos look like one of those Celebrate Diversity! posters you hang your kitchen wall to "feel" good about yourself: Hispanic/Latino, Japanese, Nigerian, not a full cracker among us.

Now, let's see if you can calm down and try again. Please answer my question.

No such people in my nuclear or extended families have ever been deprived of public education.

thats because your spoiled, over-priveledged ,sheltered, white supremacist who lives in a gated community where they immediately call the police if they even see a black or hispanic person.

Perhaps you didn't understand my post, before you launched into the standard strategy of deflection, intellectual dishonesty, nastiness and personal insults.

I'm half Hispanic. I'm married into a mixed race family. Our Christmastime family photos look like one of those Celebrate Diversity! posters you hang your kitchen wall to "feel" good about yourself: Hispanic/Latino, Japanese, Nigerian, not a full cracker among us.

you want me to explain how blacks and hispanics are deprived of education? I have trouble believing an adult could be this stupid, do you need me to personally explain what slavery was as well?

So your pretending to be mixed race, while simultaneously pretending to be ignorant of racism, are you pretending your not a republican as well?

you want me to explain how blacks and hispanics are deprived of education? I have trouble believing an adult could be this stupid, do you need me to personally explain what slavery was as well?

So your pretending to be mixed race, while simultaneously pretending to be ignorant of racism, are you pretending your not a republican as well?
You said "deprived of public education". I was just asking you to back up your words.

Instead you immediately devolved into personal insults and name-calling.

That's okay. I get that from both ends of the spectrum pretty regularly here. It proves my points about them.

You said "deprived of public education". I was just asking you to back up your words.

That's okay. I get that from both ends of the spectrum pretty regularly here. It proves my points about them.
I doubt your that stupid, so Im assuming your pretending to be stupid, like most republicans do whenever racism or any kind of discrimination is brought up.

I doubt your that stupid, so Im assuming your pretending to be stupid, like most republicans do whenever racism or any kind of discrimination is brought up.
I'll try to remember not to ask you to back up your own words any more.

Waste of bandwidth. Looks like you're just here to troll.

its one of the major forms of racial discrimination in the USA, a hispanic child is more likely to get a better education in Cuba than in the US, if you dont know this problem exists than you have alot of reading to do

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2015/01/28/us-education-still-separate-and-unequal

here's just one article you could try using google as well, have you ever heard of it?

its one of the major forms of racial discrimination in the USA, a hispanic child is more likely to get a better education in Cuba than in the US, if you dont know this problem exists than you have alot of reading to do

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2015/01/28/us-education-still-separate-and-unequal

here's just one article you could try using google as well, have you ever heard of it?
Ah, we're making headway! So now you're saying that the education isn't as good, not that they are "deprived" of it. I don't know how I'm supposed to communicate with people who refuse to be intellectually honest. Perhaps you can provide some kind of signal or marker when you're being serious.

I agree completely that education is terribly uneven in this country, and the way it is funded is a part of the problem that could be addressed relatively easily if our "leaders" actually wanted to. At the same time, parental engagement is key, regardless of someone's skin color.

My oldest daughter teaches at a charter school, with primarily minority kids, mostly Hispanic. The kids there consistently score at or near the top in state testing, and a big part of the reason is that school requires significant engagement from parents.

This is as much a cultural issue as it is a funding issue.

do not explain how blacks and Hispanics are deprived of education, instead provide proof. Last time I heard public education was free and compulsory.

your turn

Ah, we're making headway! So now you're saying that the education isn't as good, not that they are "deprived" of it. I don't know how I'm supposed to communicate with people who refuse to be intellectually honest. Perhaps you can provide some kind of signal or marker when you're being serious.

I agree completely that education is terribly uneven in this country, and the way it is funded is a part of the problem that could be addressed relatively easily if our "leaders" actually wanted to. At the same time, parental engagement is key, regardless of someone's skin color.

My oldest daughter teaches at a charter school, with primarily minority kids, mostly Hispanic. The kids there consistently score at or near the top in state testing, and a big part of the reason is that school requires significant engagement from parents.

It has nothing to do with if "leaders actually wanted to." When you have one major US political party actively cutting funding for black and hispanic schools because the entire republican party is a white supremacist group. How much funding will Trump cut? I hear Betsy Devos wants to cut public schools entirely a long time goal of the KKK

do not explain how blacks and Hispanics are deprived of education, instead provide proof. Last time I heard public education was free and compulsory.

your turn
thats why you klansmen want too abolish it so much?... that and they teach evolution

It has nothing to do with if "leaders actually wanted to." When you have one major US political party actively cutting funding for black and hispanic schools because the entire republican party is a white supremacist group. How much funding will Trump cut? I hear Betsy Devos wants to cut public schools entirely a long time goal of the KKK

proof?

your turn
thats why you klansmen want too abolish it so much?... that and they teach evolution

that isn't proof, it's your usual bullshit lies

your turn

you've never heard of racism either huh? what a coincidence its like everyone who voted republican has never heard of racism at all before.... maybe the public schools are worse than I thought?

your turn

you've never heard of racism either huh? what a coincidence its like everyone who voted republican has never heard of racism at all before.... maybe the public schools are worse than I thought?

hey shitavious,

you made the statement that blacks and Hispanics are deprived of education.

your turn

hey shitavious,

you made the statement that blacks and Hispanics are deprived of education.
right???

Forum List

Back