NY Dem Congressmen Ask Fed to Pay for KSM Trial

i'm sorry. Did you say anythign of any value which required that I take the time to bother with you?

Apparently, since you felt the need to rush in here and say nothing whatsoever.

ny'ers vote for repubs when they're worth voting for.

hint: ny'ers are idiots if they vote for someone who thinks they're not part of the "pro america parts of the country". and it was kind of important that we voted for someone who knows how to read a presidential daily briefing.

Hint: If their criteria for "worth voting for" doesn't include the ability to figure out when their decisions endanger the lives of New Yorkers and threaten to bust the city's budget, then they should bask in the end results of their "brilliant" Congressional choices and PAY FOR THE TRIAL COSTS THEMSELVES. Good luck with that.

So that's a "yes"? Or a "no"? Should the feds or the city pay for the trial? Personally, I don't think it's fair to the victim's families. However, if the precedent is that the city pays...

Obviously, the precedent is that the city/state pays for the costs of criminal trials. Of course, the precedent up until very recently was that such an act wasn't considered a state criminal matter.

the fact that the president can fire the attorney general is not proof that the attorney general is required to get the president's PERMISSION for everything he does.

fucking moron.

You're the moron if you think the AG doesn't have to answer to the president. Who the fuck do you think the AG's boss is? Can your boss tell you to cease and desist a project your working on?

of COURSE he "answers" to the president. But he certainly is NOT required to GET PERMISSION for everything he does.

You're as stupid as you look if you think Holder didn't have Obama's blessing.

the fact that the president can fire the attorney general is not proof that the attorney general is required to get the president's PERMISSION for everything he does.

fucking moron.

You're the moron if you think the AG doesn't have to answer to the president. Who the fuck do you think the AG's boss is? Can your boss tell you to cease and desist a project your working on?

of COURSE he "answers" to the president. But he certainly is NOT required to GET PERMISSION for everything he does.

When you make a decision that will obviously be controversial in nature and will cost a city millions a year that they did not plan to spend....you get the presidents blessing.
Only an idiot would even attempt to argue that this was not discussed and apporoved by Obama.

KSM already plead guilty before a military tribunal.

after being waterboarded how many times?

look at it this way. if some other country was holding one of our guys and said they "confessed" to something after being tortured, i'm kind of thinking you'd call foul.

well, i call foul equally....whether its them doing it to our guys or our guys doing it to them.

Oh, we were too mean to the mastermind of 9/11, gotcha.

He intended to topple 2 fully occupied WTC towers at rush hour, what should he have been charged with, 3,000 counts of murder and 75,000 counts of attempted murder?

And then he never has to talk about any other AQ operational planning, yeah, that worked great in 93 after the first WTC attack, amiright?

look at it this way. if some other country was holding one of our guys and said they "confessed" to something after being tortured, i'm kind of thinking you'd call foul.

well, i call foul equally....whether its them doing it to our guys or our guys doing it to them.

You truly are so partisan you are bliund to reality.
He admitted guilt without question. It was his calling...it was his pride that put him in a position to admit guilt...and he did so.
He was waterboarded for information regarding future attacks that he may have been privy to.
Jeez....you and your sympathy for terrorists is sickening.

And you know what I look like...how? :cuckoo:

I have no doubt that he had Obama's blessing in this matter - I think it was a great decision and any smart president would have agreed with it. Nonetheless, no one has shown me anything that would show that Holder needed Obama's PERMISSION for everything (or ANYTHING) that he does....the initial claim with which I took issue.

So that's a "yes"? Or a "no"? Should the feds or the city pay for the trial? Personally, I don't think it's fair to the victim's families. However, if the precedent is that the city pays...

I think NY should always have more funds to control terrorism. Do you think NY should get what Iowa did like what happened under the last admin?

Diversion from topic. If you can't address the OP, get lost and stop trying to hijack the thread.

I will not STFU. Let me repeat; a decision of this magnitude could not be made without the President's ok. And the fact that he won't state that publicly just shows what a weak leader he is,

keep repeating your unsupported opinions.... I will continue to disagree with this particular one.

Possibly you could also find the time to comment on the OP, yes? Dem Congressmen salivating to give terrorists criminal trials in the civilian courts and then whining about the expense? Ring any bells? Hopefully you read something about it as you came sailing into this thread?

Fine. So perhaps you could detour yourself back onto the topic and tell us whether you think this is a matter for the NY State criminal court, in which case they get the financial responsibility for it, or a federal matter for the federal government to pay for, in which case they have no business being in NY at all.

If it's not too much trouble for you to comment on the actual topic.

I will not STFU. Let me repeat; a decision of this magnitude could not be made without the President's ok. And the fact that he won't state that publicly just shows what a weak leader he is,

keep repeating your unsupported opinions.... I will continue to disagree with this particular one.

Possibly you could also find the time to comment on the OP, yes? Dem Congressmen salivating to give terrorists criminal trials in the civilian courts and then whining about the expense? Ring any bells? Hopefully you read something about it as you came sailing into this thread?

it is a federal court, is it not? it seems reasonable to ask the federal government to shoulder the costs of trials in their own courtrooms.

fucking moron.

Sure, he can go to the crapper on his own say-so, but transferring the alleged mastermind behind 9/11 and his co-conspirators from federal custody to that of New York State to be tried as common criminals? You really, honestly think the AG is going to do something that big and public and controversial on his own hook? Seriously?

it is a federal court, is it not? it seems reasonable to ask the federal government to shoulder the costs of trials in their own courtrooms.

Sorry, Sparky, but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the costs of security in the city itself, not the actual court costs. You wanna treat this like any other criminal offense instead of an act of war? Then you fund everything the same way you would for any other criminal offense.

I have no doubt that he had Obama's blessing in this matter - I think it was a great decision and any smart president would have agreed with it. Nonetheless, no one has shown me anything that would show that Holder needed Obama's PERMISSION for everything (or ANYTHING) that he does....the initial claim with which I took issue.

It's a figure of speech dumbass. I'm pretty sure someone has already told you that the AG serves at the pleasure of the president and not at his own pleasure. You admit that you don't doubt that the AG had the presidents approval. You're trying to argue over semantics because you have no other argument. You may as well concede that you are wrong.

The Attorney General is nominated by the President of the United States and takes office after confirmation by the United States Senate. He or she serves at the pleasure of the President and can be removed by the President at any time; the Attorney General is also subject to impeachment by the House of Representatives and trial in the Senate for "treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors."

United States Attorney General - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems nineteen Democrat Congressmembers have written a letter to President Obama, asking for the federal government to shell out some big bucks to New York for the criminal trial of Khalid Sheik Mohammed and his co-conspirators.

So let's get this straight. These puswads insisted that this act of war against the United States - 9/11, for those of you who haven't been following along - should be treated like a simple violation of the civilian criminal code; these guys should be treated like they stole an old lady's purse, and then shot the old lady, rather than like they stole three airplanes and flew them, full of passengers, into the World Trade Center, also full of people.

But NOW . . . oh, NOW these belly-crawling, terrorist-aiding dumbasses have noticed that this is just a BIT bigger than a everyday, run-of-the-mill crime, and MIGHT bring extra problems with it, like . . . oh, I don't know, an insanely high risk of more terrorism in the city these animals already ravaged? Not to mention that there might one or two (thousand) people in the area who would - justifiably - like to have these evil bastards' cojones for trophies? So gee whiz, this is going to cost a bundle for added security and the federal budget should bear the brunt of it.

Seriously, have people in New York ever considered the possibility of electing people with three-digit IQs? Who has been keeping these possibilities a secret from these rocket scientists all this time?

My first instinct is to say: screw you, suck it up. You troglodytes wanted this to be a civilian criminal matter. That makes it New York's problem now. I'm not aware of the federal government making a habit of funding any other trials in the civilian courts. I feel a little sorry for the people of New York, who have been raising a ruckus about these concerns ever since Obama announced this decision. Their local politicians are trying to put a stop to it. On the other hand, they elected these mushbrains, so I don't feel THAT sorry for them. What goes around comes around.

Does this come as a surprise?
Rush brought it up on day one after the story broke.

Sure, he can go to the crapper on his own say-so, but transferring the alleged mastermind behind 9/11 and his co-conspirators from federal custody to that of New York State to be tried as common criminals? You really, honestly think the AG is going to do something that big and public and controversial on his own hook? Seriously?

yeah... I do. Now why don't you prove me wrong or STFU!

It's a figure of speech dumbass. I'm pretty sure someone has already told you that the AG serves at the pleasure of the president and not at his own pleasure. You admit that you don't doubt that the AG had the presidents approval. You're trying to argue over semantics because you have no other argument. You may as well concede that you are wrong.

The Attorney General is nominated by the President of the United States and takes office after confirmation by the United States Senate. He or she serves at the pleasure of the President and can be removed by the President at any time; the Attorney General is also subject to impeachment by the House of Representatives and trial in the Senate for "treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors."

United States Attorney General - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

other AG's have resigned rather than follow inappropriate guidance from the president. YOu have YET to prove that this was Obama's decision and not Holder's. WHy not get back to me when you can... and until then, STFU.

It seems nineteen Democrat Congressmembers have written a letter to President Obama, asking for the federal government to shell out some big bucks to New York for the criminal trial of Khalid Sheik Mohammed and his co-conspirators.

So let's get this straight. These puswads insisted that this act of war against the United States - 9/11, for those of you who haven't been following along - should be treated like a simple violation of the civilian criminal code; these guys should be treated like they stole an old lady's purse, and then shot the old lady, rather than like they stole three airplanes and flew them, full of passengers, into the World Trade Center, also full of people.

But NOW . . . oh, NOW these belly-crawling, terrorist-aiding dumbasses have noticed that this is just a BIT bigger than a everyday, run-of-the-mill crime, and MIGHT bring extra problems with it, like . . . oh, I don't know, an insanely high risk of more terrorism in the city these animals already ravaged? Not to mention that there might one or two (thousand) people in the area who would - justifiably - like to have these evil bastards' cojones for trophies? So gee whiz, this is going to cost a bundle for added security and the federal budget should bear the brunt of it.

Seriously, have people in New York ever considered the possibility of electing people with three-digit IQs? Who has been keeping these possibilities a secret from these rocket scientists all this time?

My first instinct is to say: screw you, suck it up. You troglodytes wanted this to be a civilian criminal matter. That makes it New York's problem now. I'm not aware of the federal government making a habit of funding any other trials in the civilian courts. I feel a little sorry for the people of New York, who have been raising a ruckus about these concerns ever since Obama announced this decision. Their local politicians are trying to put a stop to it. On the other hand, they elected these mushbrains, so I don't feel THAT sorry for them. What goes around comes around.

Um...isn't this a Federal Court case?

Um...isn't this a Federal Court case?

This is the Cesspit though...a moron personified....

Forum List

Back