Scott Brown praises Palin; suggests Obama born out of wedlock

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Brown, Coakley, And the Outrage Gap - Paul Krugman Blog - NYTimes.com

Wow. A video clip has surfaced from 2008 in which Scott Brown, the Republican candidate for Senate in Massachusetts, clearly suggested that President Obama may have been born out of wedlock.

I’m sure some will try to dismiss this as an isolated stray remark. But it’s clear if you watch the video that there’s a broader context: Brown is clearly aligning himself with the Limbaugh wing of the GOP, in which slurs along these lines are standard fare. And as Steve Benen points out, claims about Obama’s illegitimacy were an integral part of the birther craziness.

Thoughts?

My opinion: What an asshole.

For the record Scott:

At the age of 23, Obama had come to Hawaii to pursue his education, leaving behind a pregnant wife and infant son in his home town of Nyang’oma Kogelo in Kenya. Dunham and Obama were married on the Hawaiian island of Maui on February 2, 1961, despite parental opposition from both families.[5][15] Dunham was three months pregnant at the time of her marriage.[1][5] Obama Sr. eventually informed Dunham about his first marriage in Kenya but claimed he was divorced. Years later, she would discover this was false.[14] Obama Sr.'s first wife, Kezia, later said she had granted her consent for him to marry a second wife, in keeping with Luo customs.[16]
On August 4, 1961, at the age of 18, Dunham gave birth to her first child, Barack Obama II.[17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Dunham

Last edited:
It's a pretty stupid strategic maneuver unless he is trying to speak to his extreme base and not Indes, who he should be courting.

It's a pretty stupid strategic maneuver unless he is trying to speak to his extreme base and not Indes, who he should be courting.

This only goes to show that the real Scott Brown is something that the voters should see before election day.

This only goes to show that the real Scott Brown is something that the voters should see before election day.

Interesting that he can't even control himself for a couple of more days.

go wingnut go. lol..

tell us all about the "pro america parts of the country". i'm sure that will go over big in massachusetts. :cuckoo:

The Republican Party needs to appeal to the center and moderates and independents. We cannot win with the wingnut reactionaries. We need to meld conservatives with the center, marginalizing the whackos to the left and the right. I think a ticket of Romney and Huckabee in 2012 can do that, as long as we drop the wingnuts and tell Rush to take a hike.

• Thanks
Reactions: _NH

He was pretty nasty in the clip of a debate I saw. If there's a big turnout, this guy won't win and it is getting to be very hot.

• Thanks
Reactions: _NH
That is the problem with history. It comes around and bites you in the ass.

Does this affect their qualifications for the job? Does this mean that Cokesley has suddenly got a clue?

I’m sure some will try to dismiss this as an isolated stray remark. But it’s clear if you watch the video that there’s a broader context: Brown is clearly aligning himself with the Limbaugh wing of the GOP, in which slurs along these lines are standard fare. And as Steve Benen points out, claims about Obama’s illegitimacy were an integral part of the birther craziness.

So will this actually make political waves? If Brown were a Democrat, it would instantly be a huge scandal. The outrage machine would be working overtime. And the news media would, of course, pick it up.

This is the crackup- "If Brown were a Democrat, it would instantly be a huge scandal." Oh Yeah, did you happen to see the huge scandal made of Harry Reid's racist comments about being a ligher skinned negro. That really inflamed the democrats, it inflamed them so much that they circled the wagons on it.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't think the wedlock issue is what Brown was driving at; it was the Muslim connection to BHO's father. The smear may well bite Brown on election day.

I don't think the wedlock issue is what Brown was driving at; it was the Muslim connection to BHO's father. The smear may well bite Brown on election day.

Whichever way you take it, it plays to wingnuts and he already has their vote.

That is the problem with history. It comes around and bites you in the ass.

Does this affect their qualifications for the job? Does this mean that Cokesley has suddenly got a clue?

I think it calls into question about Brown more than anything. And it shows that we don't really know the real Scott Brown.

Do you know as a state representative that he voted to deny financial aid to Red Cross rescue workers who had volunteered with 9/11 recovery efforts?

The Republican Party needs to appeal to the center and moderates and independents. We cannot win with the wingnut reactionaries. We need to meld conservatives with the center, marginalizing the whackos to the left and the right. I think a ticket of Romney and Huckabee in 2012 can do that, as long as we drop the wingnuts and tell Rush to take a hike.

Rush isn't running and Huccabee is toast with the action that he took for early release of a con who ended up killing 4 cops. No way in hell. Romney is a conservative, maybe you did not know that, but he is.

Boy oh boy, is the Coakley campaign getting DESPERATE..I didn't know the Coakley election was all about OBAMA..

I heard about this video yesterday and the left was going all a twitter saying how they needed to get this OUT...:lol:

Brown, Coakley, And the Outrage Gap - Paul Krugman Blog - NYTimes.com

Wow. A video clip has surfaced from 2008 in which Scott Brown, the Republican candidate for Senate in Massachusetts, clearly suggested that President Obama may have been born out of wedlock.

Thoughts?

My opinion: What an asshole.

For the record Scott:

At the age of 23, Obama had come to Hawaii to pursue his education, leaving behind a pregnant wife and infant son in his home town of Nyang’oma Kogelo in Kenya. Dunham and Obama were married on the Hawaiian island of Maui on February 2, 1961, despite parental opposition from both families.[5][15] Dunham was three months pregnant at the time of her marriage.[1][5] Obama Sr. eventually informed Dunham about his first marriage in Kenya but claimed he was divorced. Years later, she would discover this was false.[14] Obama Sr.'s first wife, Kezia, later said she had granted her consent for him to marry a second wife, in keeping with Luo customs.[16]
On August 4, 1961, at the age of 18, Dunham gave birth to her first child, Barack Obama II.[17]

Ann Dunham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the record, Dogbert, the USA doesn't recognize bigamy as legal which means his second marriage was not legal, ie, obama WAS born out of wedlock by your very words.

Rush isn't running and Huccabee is toast with the action that he took for early release of a con who ended up killing 4 cops. No way in hell. Romney is a conservative, maybe you did not know that, but he is.

I am a conservative: smaller government, smaller civil service, less intrusion into citizens' lives, right to own and bear arms, national security and no foreign adventurism.

I certainly hope Mitt is the head of the ticket. Rush and Sean are not his type of tea. If you don't like Huckabee, then maybe one like him will appear in the next two years with his GOP populism and anti-corporatism.

Is it somehow bad to praise Sarah Palin?

As for the Obama comments, I dont really care. We elected a President who said there were 57 states. Why the heck should this matter?

[For the record, Dogbert, the USA doesn't recognize bigamy as legal which means his second marriage was not legal, ie, obama WAS born out of wedlock by your very words.

Who cares? The hidden agenda is the tie to Obama's Muslim father. That is what Scott is inferring.

Forum List

Back