Any Chavez Fans Out There?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
CARACAS (Reuters) - Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez on Sunday accused the United States of using the earthquake in Haiti as a pretext to occupy the devastated Caribbean country and offered to send fuel from his OPEC nation.

"I read that 3,000 soldiers are arriving, Marines armed as if they were going to war. There is not a shortage of guns there, my God. Doctors, medicine, fuel, field hospitals, that's what the United States should send," Chavez said on his weekly television show. "They are occupying Haiti undercover."

Chavez says U.S. occupying Haiti in name of aid | Reuters

Are there any people who take this man seriously?

CARACAS (Reuters) - Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez on Sunday accused the United States of using the earthquake in Haiti as a pretext to occupy the devastated Caribbean country and offered to send fuel from his OPEC nation.

"I read that 3,000 soldiers are arriving, Marines armed as if they were going to war. There is not a shortage of guns there, my God. Doctors, medicine, fuel, field hospitals, that's what the United States should send," Chavez said on his weekly television show. "They are occupying Haiti undercover."

Let him send unarmed relief workers. He is a moron, plain and simple.

He appears to be getting more and more grandiose with time in office.

So, no, I have to say that I stopped taking his seriously whenever he starts talking about how evil the USA is.

When he was complaining about how the CIA was trying to topple him, naturally, I thought that a possibiltiy, since the USA is famous for that.

But of late?

He's lost credibility.

hes a bit insane. but not the facist dictator that rightwingers usually make him out to be.

Probably a half of the Perfect People who belong to the Blame America First Club agree with Chavez. The question is will they man up? Not thinking so here..

Hugo ought to dispatch Danny Glover and any other Hollyweird leftists who adore him down to Haiti to help the folks. Maybe with a little bit of luck they'd get torn to pieces by a desperate mob trying to get at their water bottles or something.

Probably a half of the Perfect People who belong to the Blame America First Club agree with Chavez. The question is will they man up? Not thinking so here..

No, Willow. It is people of your ideology that support Chavez and the rest of the petrodictators. It is you who adamantly oppose investing in technology that would make this nation independent of oil.

Were the demand for oil in the US to drop by half or more, these petrodictators would be out of business in a year.

Yeah...we are occupying Haiti because of the vast oil supplies that they have.

What's that? You say they don't have oil???

Hmmm...do they have banana? Cuz maybe that's why we are occupying them.

Last edited:

No, Willow. It is people of your ideology that support Chavez and the rest of the petrodictators. It is you who adamantly oppose investing in technology that would make this nation independent of oil.

Were the demand for oil in the US to drop by half or more, these petrodictators would be out of business in a year.

Oh really? was I the one who refused to put a wind farm in Nantucket sound?? or was it a Kennedy..

Was it I who refused to put solar panels in "her" desert? or was it Nancy Pelosi?

go peddle those talking points somewhere else.. or show me where i have ever adamtly opposed investment in alternative technology.. I know I've put a lot on your plate but I'm willing to wait.. just to give you a head start on things,, I'm all for developing Nuclear energy, solar energy and wind energy as well as hydrolic energy.. We still have massive reserves of oil, shale, and natural gas in the USA.. tell me who blocks our access to these resources.. go.

Yes xotoxi It must be for the bananas. Or because our military doesn't have anywhere else to go. Don't they have a Club Med there? Or had.

I think the US is doing the best job they can. I'm getting tired of the criticism - from everyone.

America kisses his backside because he sells you oil. You people deal with the devil for cheap gas.

Chavez? Frankly, I see little difference between him and the tin-pot dictators America supports.

funny5.jpg

France seems to agree with him. Or least their Government Minister does. I wonder if that says more about France or Chavez.

Last edited:
Yes xotoxi It must be for the bananas. Or because our military doesn't have anywhere else to go. Don't they have a Club Med there? Or had.

I think the US is doing the best job they can. I'm getting tired of the criticism - from everyone.

I hope you didn't think that I was posting critism.

My post was intented to be satire and make Chavez look like a dweeb.

Forum List

Back