NRA School Shield: Why should the NRA be the voice of how schools are protected?

The second some prog calls something a "widely recognized truth" its obvious they know its bullshit, but they have to stick to the script, be it from simple lack of imagination, or a feverent hope that beleiving something makes it true.

The NRA represents gun makers...

And the gun industry – led by Ruger – has benefited tremendously from the NRA. According to IRS fillings, from 2004 to 2010, the NRA’s revenue from fundraising — including gifts from gun makers who benefit from its political activism — grew twice as fast as its income from members’ dues.

You aren't where the money is.

and nothing you posted refutes my previous statement. It also backs up my other observation that progs can't fathom someone having an opposite opinion than thiers in good faith. it has to be about money or evil or stupid.

Of course we can fathom you having a different opinion. Stop being ridiculous.

I know it hurts your feelings that the NRA doesn't care a about "responsible gun owners" anymore, but that's what happens when we allow lobbyists to buy our legislators. Gun manufacturers found the perfect vehicle for that in the NRA and the current leadership of the NRA is happy to play along and cash those big checks.

Actual responsible gun owners need a alternative to the NRA.

And the gun industry – led by Ruger – has benefited tremendously from the NRA. According to IRS fillings, from 2004 to 2010, the NRA’s revenue from fundraising — including gifts from gun makers who benefit from its political activism — grew twice as fast as its income from members’ dues.

and nothing you posted refutes my previous statement. It also backs up my other observation that progs can't fathom someone having an opposite opinion than thiers in good faith. it has to be about money or evil or stupid.

I know it hurts your feelings that the NRA doesn't care a about "responsible gun owners" anymore, but that's what happens when we allow lobbyists to buy our legislators. Gun manufacturers found the perfect vehicle for that in the NRA and the current leadership of the NRA is happy to play along and cash those big checks.

Which is your way of saying "we need an organization of gun owners dumb enough to beleive us when we say all we want to do is ban military style weapons."

I can give a rats ass about how the NRA feels about me, as long as they keep pressure on the politicans to stop useless feel good gun laws that are merely stepping stones to a total ban on certain classes of firearms, followed by local bans of all firearms.

I also noted that you did not mention my opinion is in "good faith." So which line of prog logic are you following. Am I a paid shill? Am I evil?, or Am I stupid?

Wh

There is;
Pro-Gun Links

Last edited:

Which is your way of saying "we need an organization of gun owners dumb enough to beleive us when we say all we want to do is ban military style weapons."

I can give a rats ass about how the NRA feels about me, as long as they keep pressure on the politicans to stop useless feel good gun laws that are merely stepping stones to a total ban on certain classes of firearms, followed by local bans of all firearms.

I also noted that you did not mention my opinion is in "good faith." So which line of prog logic are you following. Am I a paid shill? Am I evil?, or Am I stupid?

Wh

I don't know what you are. That's up for you to decide.

I know what what the NRA is now and it no longer represents people like me, gun owners that believe some common sense regulations are in order.

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/media-center/baltsun_121509.shtml

Wh

I know what what the NRA is now and it no longer represents people like me, gun owners that believe some common sense regulations are in order.

Even NRA members favor sensible gun control

every time I hear the word common sense before some attempt to take away my rights I want to gag. If you really think the gun grabbers are going to stop at the line right before the firearms you own are illegal, you are going to be very sorry sooner or later.

You are basically feeding the crocodile in the hopes of being eaten last.

Wh

every time I hear the word common sense before some attempt to take away my rights I want to gag. If you really think the gun grabbers are going to stop at the line right before the firearms you own are illegal, you are going to be very sorry sooner or later.

And your knee jerk reaction is a huge part of the problem. Unless you own an assault rifle or massive magazines, I'm not the least bit interested in "taking" your gun and nobody but fringe mutters are. I would like to see you REQUIRED to secure your weapons, go through a background check and take an extensive training class before purchasing one too.

bs
that is only YOUR opinion, nothing else

Nah; widely recognized truth, due to a pivital shift under LaPierre. Previlously it was as the acronymn suggests: an association of rifle owners (hunters) that in fact had a lot value. But then a shift in leadership, most notably LaPierre, changed its mission, which is now carrying the water for the weapons manufacturing industry, who rather than spending millions on ads and PR exposing themselves to criticism, put the money into the NRA, who can say and do (lobbying) what it wishes without the stink rubbing off on the manufacturers. And it was a brilliiant move, making LaPierre very wealthy with a near 7-fugure salary, not to mention the envy of everyone in the association management game. He's among few peers, i.e. Nancy Brinker of Susan G. Komen (1/2 Mill a year, at the end).

The second some prog calls something a "widely recognized truth" its obvious they know its bullshit, but they have to stick to the script, be it from simple lack of imagination, or a feverent hope that beleiving something makes it true.

My apologies. "Widely" as in most not blinded by da koolaid.

That help?

BTW, in case you missed it, there was an armed guard at Columbine at the time of the shooting. And, there were countless armed guards at Ft Hood.

This blaming everything except the guns ...

The gun nuts want guns in schools so kids will be safe but that didn't help Ft Hood where there are not only armed guards but hundreds of armed people with quick and easy access to guns.

They also say that its the fault of those murdered because we don't pray in schools. The Sikhs were praying and it didn't help them.

After the theater shooting, gun nuts wanted armed guards in all theaters.

So, how long before the gun nuts say preachers should be armed too?

What the gun nuts really want is an end to all freedom - except the armed thugs.

You're just as bad. They blame media you blame guns. Both are lifeless objects subjet to user abuse.

Nope. You will never see me blame an inanimate object, the gun. I blame those who put guns in the hands of criminals, mentally ill, known terrorists, illegal aliens. I blame the gun shows, the internet, the insistence of the gun nuts that those people have more rights that I do.

It was Lapierre who blamed inanimate objects like video games and it was gun nuts who blamed an actor for acting in a violent movie.

It's starting again.
The number's creep.
We went from 280 million to 300 million now it's up to 310 million guns.
The left does this all the time,when they start pushing for new legislation.
When Jan. comes around it will be up to 350 million guns. :lol:

Fair enough. I went looking for factual numbers. Here's what I found -

National Rifle Association (NRA) Statistics | Statistic Brain
NRA says 300 million in 2010
(You might also want to look at the membership and $$ figures)

How many guns are in the United States of America
FBI says 200 million
National Rifle Association (NRA) Statistics | Statistic Brain

Gun Ownership: An International Comparison - Independent Voter Network
Compared to the rest of the world
United States – The United States is ranked at No. 1 for civilian gun ownership in comparison with all other industrialized countries. There are approximately 88.8 firearms for every 100 people in the U.S. In the past 14 years, the year with the greatest number of homicides caused by a firearm occurred in 2006, when 10,225 people were killed by the use of a gun. Annual firearm suicides within the United States are high as well. In 2005, 17,002 suicides were committed using a firearm.

Does it really matter whether there are 200 million or 300 million or 310 million?

What the gun nuts are saying is that we need more but, according to the news, people are spending their rent and food money on guns to celebrate this xmas season. If 200 million to 300 million have not made anyone more safe, its just ridiculous to think more will.

There would not be so many if the President and the Dems were not saying they were going to pass semi automatic gun laws.
Any time Dem's do this guns sales soar.

Guns has kept many safe. The news don't report them.
There are millions of reports of how guns has been successful in being used as a deterrent. The vast majority go unreported.
Cases in which guns saved lives

Oh now, THAT is very funny.

Its the radical rw's like the teepotters who have stoked the brainless' belief that Obama is coming for their guns and bibles and the assholes like limbaugh, fox, beck, dredge, britebart who keep you stirred up and not thinking.

Try thinking for yourselves.

NRA calls for armed police officer in every school | US National Headlines | Comcast

Guns and police officers in all American schools are what's needed to stop the next killer "waiting in the wings," the National Rifle Association declared Friday, taking a no-retreat stance in the face of growing calls for gun control after the Connecticut shootings that claimed the lives of 26 children and school staff.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," said Wayne LaPierre, the group's chief executive officer.

"An armed society is a polite society"

Who the fuck is LaPierre?

By the way, there are plenty of idiotic experts that tell me violence in video games and movies makes people more violent, despite the fact that there are plenty of studies that say otherwise, why shouldn't we use them to limit speech if you think we can use stupid experts to limit other rights? What makes your rights more important than mine?

Don't give the libturds any ideas. The first amendment is the next one on their list of rights to be obliterated. All the other amendments have already been pretty much cancelled.

See?

Like this idiot.

Ignoring that Lapierre blamed the first amendment this morning and blaming libs for something that is not happening, has not happened and will not happen.

Its the radical rw's who want to end first amendment rights for other religions, for speaking out. Its always the right that hates all rights except the 2nd amendment.

Keep a close eye on the potters.

Wh

So you admit you are in favor of arming the mentally ill, criminals, terrorists, illegal aliens.

The NRA has announced their 'solution' to gun violence in school. Armed guards.

I'm sure that the idea will have both multiple supporters and detractors as is usually the case when one side of the political aisle suggests a solution to a problem.

However, aside from the costs associated with placing armed guards in thousands (if not tens of thousands) of schools nationwide at a time of statewide budget cuts and even more proposed federal cuts, and the fact that there are usually multiple entrances to most schools and the fact that guards would likely be the first targets of any gunmen...what about school buses? How many school buses leave a school with 50 plus students at the end of the day, every day, all across the country? Should they ALL have armed guards on them like federal Marshalls on planes?

How about community centers? Swimming pools? After school sports games in gymnasiums? Bus stops? Cross walks? Any and every public place? How about day care centers? Restaurants? How about EVERY single movie theatre? Lobbies alone? Or the actual screening theaters? How about libraries?

Is the answer to gun violence mean that America has to embrace armed guard everywhere that children and adults congregate?

The NRA has announced their 'solution' to gun violence in school. Armed guards.

I'm sure that the idea will have both multiple supporters and detractors as is usually the case when one side of the political aisle suggests a solution to a problem.

However, aside from the costs associated with placing armed guards in thousands (if not tens of thousands) of schools nationwide at a time of statewide budget cuts and even more proposed federal cuts, and the fact that there are usually multiple entrances to most schools and the fact that guards would likely be the first targets of any gunmen...what about school buses? How many school buses leave a school with 50 plus students at the end of the day, every day, all across the country? Should they ALL have armed guards on them like federal Marshalls on planes?

How about community centers? Swimming pools? After school sports games in gymnasiums? Bus stops? Cross walks? Any and every public place? How about day care centers? Restaurants? How about EVERY single movie theatre? Lobbies alone? Or the actual screening theaters? How about libraries?

Is the answer to gun violence mean that America has to embrace armed guard everywhere that children and adults congregate?

No. Citizens can arm themselves with a gun in order to defend themselves from the bad guys and loons.

And your knee jerk reaction is a huge part of the problem. Unless you own an assault rifle or massive magazines, I'm not the least bit interested in "taking" your gun and nobody but fringe mutters are. I would like to see you REQUIRED to secure your weapons, go through a background check and take an extensive training class before purchasing one too.

None of which is required by the consitution. the only disqualifiers should be felony convictions, domestic violence convictions and mental commitment. You want to have training as a requirement, it must be reasonably priced or free to eliminate an effective poll tax on the exercise of the right.

As for securing, a gun unloaded in a gun safe is worth dick for self defense. Try again.

So you admit you are in favor of arming the mentally ill, criminals, terrorists, illegal aliens.

Mentally Ill as defined by a court? No, no guns
Criminals with a felony conviction or domestic abuse conviction? No
Terrorists? Define better please.
Illegal aliens? Not a citizen? No gun rights for you. Makes getting citizenship more important.

Forum List

Back