Frank Langone says

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
"raise my taxes, take my social security...my life won't change". How about you? Be honest...would your day to day life change? Would you support such a sacrifice if it would bring us prosperity, balance the budget and get control of the debt? Failing that, to what extent ARE you willing to sacrifice?

"raise my taxes, take my social security...my life won't change". How about you? Be honest...would your day to day life change? Would you support such a sacrifice if it would bring us prosperity, balance the budget and get control of the debt? Failing that, to what extent ARE you willing to sacrifice?

It won't affect any of the Libtards who post here. They are all on gubmint programs.

I know the question is complicated by the fact we have no faith in government...but try to overlook that for the sake of discussion.

For the sake of discussion, deltex, you have to understand that the majority of the nation's voters - the Obama supporters - couldn't give a rats ass about accumulated debt or deficits.

You are appealing to the sane voters, but they are no longer the majority.

FRANK!!!!
HERE... for you and all the rest of you that want your taxes raised..
Gifts to the United States Government: Questions and Answers: Financial Management Service
Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below.

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

But before you do.. just remember.. your donations are going to :

Why would ANY sane person want to work hard and have the government take BEFORE the person sees the money and turn around and :

- spend $2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining the “social milieu” of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- on-tax-dollars-spent-to-study-male-prostitutes-in-vietnam
- Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties
U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) today released a new oversight report, “Wastebook 2010” that highlights some of the most egregious examples of government waste in 2010.
Dr. Coburn Releases New Oversight Report:

Government auditors spent the past five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them --
costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually -- fail to show any positive impact on the populations they serve!

50 Examples of Government Waste

So YOU want your money to go to support Medicare PAYING 6,000% MORE then necessary to Hospitals??

In 2009 the University Community Hospital in Tampa sent Medicare 2,110 claims for CAT scan no contrast.
Each claim averaged: $2,635 which is what was billed by the hospital to Medicare...
But the hospital's ACTUAL COSTS to perform the CAT SCAN was $43 a mark up 6,127.91%

I know the question is complicated by the fact we have no faith in government...but try to overlook that for the sake of discussion.

Why would ANY sane person want to work hard and have the government take BEFORE the person sees the money and turn around and :

- spend $2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining the “social milieu” of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- on-tax-dollars-spent-to-study-male-prostitutes-in-vietnam
- Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties
U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) today released a new oversight report, “Wastebook 2010” that highlights some of the most egregious examples of government waste in 2010.
Dr. Coburn Releases New Oversight Report:

Government auditors spent the past five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them --
costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually -- fail to show any positive impact on the populations they serve!

50 Examples of Government Waste

So YOU want your money to go to support Medicare PAYING 6,000% MORE then necessary to Hospitals??

In 2009 the University Community Hospital in Tampa sent Medicare 2,110 claims for CAT scan no contrast.
Each claim averaged: $2,635 which is what was billed by the hospital to Medicare...
But the hospital's ACTUAL COSTS to perform the CAT SCAN was $43 a mark up 6,127.91%

THERE IS PLENTY of tax revenue when you:
1) Eliminate $123 billion a year that govt. auditors point out as wasted..
2) Medicare paying 6,000% more then necessary to hospitals!
3) $750 billion a year in Medical Defensive Medicine that calls for duplicate tests,etc. most of which PAID by Medicare!

There is NO reason to send MORE tax money to pay Federal employees more then the people that PAY their salaries!!!
In 2010, federal civilian workers had an average wage of $83,679, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis.5
By comparison, the average wage of the nation's 101 million private-sector workers was $51,986
Overpaid Federal Workers | Downsizing the Federal Government

"raise my taxes, take my social security...my life won't change". How about you? Be honest...would your day to day life change?

More money forcibly taken from my pocket? More capital sitting on the sidelines? More government spending? Yea, that would affect my life, negatively.

Would you support such a sacrifice if it would bring us prosperity, balance the budget and get control of the debt?

If being the key word there. As we've been seeing around the globe, raising tax rates often results in less revenue to government. In this morning's news (12/21), California is experiencing just that after raising tax rates. Revenues are crumbling.

So, bottom line, I don't believe raising taxes will do any of the things you say. I suspect just the opposite would happen: less prosperity, more deficits, and more debt.

Failing that, to what extent ARE you willing to sacrifice?

Spending.

Cut spending...an actual CUT, not just a slight slowing in the planned rate of increased spending.

It won't affect any of the Libtards who post here. They are all on gubmint programs.

yeah, you leeches in the red states keep saying that.

lying loons.

Can't argue with much of what has been said. I keep thinking that, since we have no confidence in government, we should demand more risk be attached to the job of legislative or executive officials, if they do not do our bidding. The only risk now is losing reelection...big whoop. In my more aggressive moods I have proposed:

Decapitaion
Detention
Deportation
Disenfrachisement (from benefits)

There needs to be more punishment to revenge/reverse what they are doing to this nation.

Last edited:
People who contribute nothing (aka:Liberals) are very generous with other peoples money

Liberals labor under the delusion that the Federal government IS the US economy

Worse, they worship the state

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Liberal-Fascism-American-Mussolini-Politics/dp/0767917189]Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Change: Jonah Goldberg: 9780767917186: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Forum List

Back