Now’s the Time To End Tax Exemptions for Religious Institutions

Once the religious exemption is done away with just watch the jesus industry shrink

At which point NO church or religious organization should continue to be involved in ANY form of charity work.

If you take their non - profit status away they should no longer feel compelled to do non - profit work.

You think the reason religious organizations do charitable work is because of the tax breaks?

I think he means they CAN do charitable work because of the tax breaks.

The Yearly Cost of Religious Tax Exemptions: $71,000,000,000

While some people may be bothered by the fact that there are pastors who live in multimillion dollar homes, this is old news to most. But here is what should bother you about these expensive homes: You are helping to pay for them! You pay for them indirectly, the same way local, state, and federal governments in the United States subsidize religion — to the tune of about $71 billion every year.

Je$u$ is a very big industry in America and its all tax free suckers!!

The Yearly Cost of Religious Tax Exemptions $71 000 000 000
Thats just wishful thinking numbers,the money isn't lost it was never the Gov to begin with.
But a bigoted hateful shit stain like the OP just can't get their little heads around that.

For progressive shitstains like Guano, all money belongs to the government. What they don't tax is "given" to the people by the grace of the government.

This is why they always count tax exemptions as being "tax funded".

Your statement is the literal truth.

I have had debates with libs who have argued at great length that the money in my pocket is the property of the government because the government prints it.

I won't ask what church you grew up in, but I get the impression either their priorities were skewed or you didn't understand them.

I understand them far better than I'd like. You can't swing a stick on my family tree without hitting multiple church employees, both clergy and lay.

I understand that the bills have to be paid and most churches operate on shoestring budgets. In a system where they have to be prepared to pay taxes, the optional expenditures like missions would quickly disappear as the money would be necessary to be prepared to pay taxes and to deal with the increase in expenses that no longer being tax exempt would create.

Oh, no doubt the financial burden may make such activities impossible. I consider the idea of taxing churches to be beyond dumb and entirely based upon religious fanaticism. But any church which existed solely for the purpose of money isn't a church - at least in my mind.

Why should taxpayers subsidise religion? If a particular religion helps the poor they could claim it on their taxes as a deduction

Once the religious exemption is done away with just watch the jesus industry shrink

Gay Marriage Decision Is Right Time to End Religious Tax Exemptions

Taxed in many EU nations:

PF_14.09.18churchTaxes.png

European Countries With Church Taxes

Why should taxpayers subsidise religion? If a particular religion helps the poor they could claim it on their taxes as a deduction

In some of those nations, the Church is also SUPPORTED by the government, which does not lead to a good comparison with the US.

In countries like Germany, the citizens are taxed by the government for being a member of the church. That money then goes to the church. You have to be a life member of a church to be able to get a wedding at one and funerals as well.

If anything, those countries' governments are actually subsidizing churches.

Forum List

Back