Now’s the Time To End Tax Exemptions for Religious Institutions

Is that your argument? Are you completely serious? Of all the things our government subsidizes, you find this the most offensive? Is that right? Because next, the rights of gays to marry in what ever church they choose should supersede every other consideration? Is that what you believe?

That is absolutely what modern leftist "believe".
For a modern leftist, the only consideration is their opinions. Again, leftist believe in the rights of the collective over the rights of the individual, in this case no recognition of the right of religious freedom because they don't agree with it.
Again...that is by definition...fascism. And that is what leftist are.

The Yearly Cost of Religious Tax Exemptions: $71,000,000,000

While some people may be bothered by the fact that there are pastors who live in multimillion dollar homes, this is old news to most. But here is what should bother you about these expensive homes: You are helping to pay for them! You pay for them indirectly, the same way local, state, and federal governments in the United States subsidize religion — to the tune of about $71 billion every year.

Je$u$ is a very big industry in America and its all tax free suckers!!

The Yearly Cost of Religious Tax Exemptions $71 000 000 000

Still with the racist photo of an Indian American Governor in black face......I am curious....do you belong to the black racist wing of the democrat party, the white racist wing of the democrat party, the asian racist wing ( also known as the George Takei wing) or the hispanic or La raza wing of the democrat party?

Why should taxpayers subsidise religion? If a particular religion helps the poor they could claim it on their taxes as a deduction

Once the religious exemption is done away with just watch the jesus industry shrink

Gay Marriage Decision Is Right Time to End Religious Tax Exemptions

Religious institutions rely on volunteers to work at and donate to food banks and many other services they provide to the poor. You want the government to hire millions of civil service workers to take their place. I almost forgot, fuck you!

Fine let the churches write that portion off their taxes
So then you want, by extension, to tax people who make charitable donations through their local church. Another brilliant solution. Solution for what....... I'm not sure.

Why should the American taxpayer support whack nuttery

Why should we support the 40 some odd percent that pay no federal taxes?
At least churches do something for the poor.

Why should taxpayers subsidise religion? If a particular religion helps the poor they could claim it on their taxes as a deduction

Once the religious exemption is done away with just watch the jesus industry shrink

Religious institutions rely on volunteers to work at and donate to food banks and many other services they provide to the poor. You want the government to hire millions of civil service workers to take their place. I almost forgot, fuck you!

Fine let the churches write that portion off their taxes

But not the bloated parsit preachers with the big houses cars and jets

I don't know of any preachers in my area or wherever I have lived to have had big houses and cars and most of them had full time and part time work to help supplement their income.

Are you always this ignorant?

Yes he is. Always, every post.

The Economist took a close look at the financial health of the American Catholic Church, and its diagnosis is not good.

There is an awful lot of property off the tax rolls

Economist Digs Into U.S. Church s Finances -- NYMag
Again, this is apparently the most agregious thing you can think of. The church? How about all the hundreds of billions being stashed in off shore accounts belonging to certain influential Americans? Who made that happen? How about the hundreds of billions of dollars of revenue lost through waste and corruption in government?

Guno must be scary stupid in real life.

Guno, ,I thought you supported the separation of church and state?

Also, the Court has already ruled on this, but I wish you luck in getting it over turned

Walz v. Tax Commission of the City of New York - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

By no means do leftist support separation of church and state. No means.
Leftist like gummo want the government to control everything. Including churches.
Except of course for "reverends" who abuse their position, real or not, to promote leftist ideology. They would never write these articles about Jackson's over-the-top corrupt "Rainbow coalition" or Al Sharptons mysterious $millions...in fact they approve not only tax exemption for these crooks - but approve taxpayer FUNDING these organizations.
Again, leftist ideology pivots around "situation legislation". Which is another term for fascism.

While some people may be bothered by the fact that there are pastors who live in multimillion dollar homes, this is old news to most. But here is what should bother you about these expensive homes: You are helping to pay for them! You pay for them indirectly, the same way local, state, and federal governments in the United States subsidize religion — to the tune of about $71 billion every year.

Thats just wishful thinking numbers,the money isn't lost it was never the Gov to begin with.
But a bigoted hateful shit stain like the OP just can't get their little heads around that.

You people just never get tired of STOMPING ALL over the people in this country, do you?

sickening Fascist. you should be in Brown shirts and Jack boots. that's what your party (progressive/democrat/commies) is today

You're wrong about who the op is. He's neither progressive nor democrat for that matter, and most of what he puts up is little more then tabloid trash.

But in this particular case he's on to something, at least partly anyway.

All fed income tax deductions should be eliminated for both individuals and business which might expose houses of worship to income tax. An exceptable outcome imo

As a taxpayer, you would not want to pay to replace all the social services the Churches give away to the poor for free. That $71 billion, if true, is chump change. You should be leading the singing of "What a friend we have in Jesus", moron.

At which point NO church or religious organization should continue to be involved in ANY form of charity work.

If you take their non - profit status away they should no longer feel compelled to do non - profit work.

Thats just wishful thinking numbers,the money isn't lost it was never the Gov to begin with.
But a bigoted hateful shit stain like the OP just can't get their little heads around that.

For progressive shitstains like Guano, all money belongs to the government. What they don't tax is "given" to the people by the grace of the government.

This is why they always count tax exemptions as being "tax funded".

For progressive shitstains like Guano, all money belongs to the government. What they don't tax is "given" to the people by the grace of the government.

This is why they always count tax exemptions as being "tax funded".

bingo.jpg

The two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other. In order for this to work, you would have to eliminate all 501c's. You would have to eliminate tax deductions for charitable donations. Is that the goal, or just a knee jerk reaction to beliefs that aren't yours? Because if this is directed specifically at churches, it is not only a direct violation of the 1st amendment, it is just another form of theocracy.

At which point NO church or religious organization should continue to be involved in ANY form of charity work.

If you take their non - profit status away they should no longer feel compelled to do non - profit work.

You think the reason religious organizations do charitable work is because of the tax breaks?

You think the reason religious organizations do charitable work is because of the tax breaks?

No, but as someone who grew up in a family heavily involved in the operation of a church I understand how their finances work to some degree.

I believe that in a taxed situation they should do what I do....... If I'm giving to the Government as my charity, then I don't need to do other charitable work.

No, but as someone who grew up in a family heavily involved in the operation of a church I understand how their finances work to some degree.

I believe that in a taxed situation they should do what I do....... If I'm giving to the Government as my charity, then I don't need to do other charitable work.

I won't ask what church you grew up in, but I get the impression either their priorities were skewed or you didn't understand them.

I won't ask what church you grew up in, but I get the impression either their priorities were skewed or you didn't understand them.

I understand them far better than I'd like. You can't swing a stick on my family tree without hitting multiple church employees, both clergy and lay.

I understand that the bills have to be paid and most churches operate on shoestring budgets. In a system where they have to be prepared to pay taxes, the optional expenditures like missions would quickly disappear as the money would be necessary to be prepared to pay taxes and to deal with the increase in expenses that no longer being tax exempt would create.

Forum List

Back