Now that it is all said and done...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Immanuel, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    ... can you share with us why you chose to vote the way you did? Not who you voted for, but why you chose to vote the way you did.

For me, I decided to vote mostly Republican this time around even though I don't like Republicans any more than I like Democrats. Although the economy is weighing me down, I do not blame either political party for what is going on with the economy. I blame them both. So, I made my decision this election cycle mostly on the biggest issue that got my goat over the last two years. I socked it to the Democrats because of the way that Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi forced Health Care (euphemism for Health Insurance) Reform down our throats. Also, my decision was based more upon the way they went about it than it was what the bill did although I think they screwed that up as well. My biggest gripe was how they went about it. Despite so much of the country's fears and dislikes of the bill itself, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid forced this bill down our throats and made us take it like a mother makes a child take medicine he/she does not like.

I made my decisions as to who I would vote for this time around because of the arrogance of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

If it had not been for the way HCR was forced down our throats I would have voted almost strictly for candidates who ran as No Party Affiliation candidates.

Looking at the newly blood colored map of the U.S., I wonder how many others, especially independents, felt the same way I did yesterday.

Immie

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,776
    I voted mostly Democrat for two reasons. One, the Republicans have been in charge of Florida for a very long time and I don't see them improving much...except the bottom line of builders that IMO have ruined Florida.

I also voted Democrat because I think that two years wasn't enough time for them to turn the economy around and I would have liked to have seen them have a full cycle.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Thank you for the reply. I agree, two years is not enough time to turn things around. However, I do not think either party has or will make that a top priority.

My issue was, as I said, the way they forced HCR down our throats. The bill could have been one that guaranteed there would be no more abortions EVER, and the way they did it, would have still pissed me off. Okay... I take that back, if they could guarantee there would be no more abortions, I might have forgiven them for the way they handled it. :lol:

Oh, and you said you voted mostly Democrat. Did you vote for Charlie Christ (if you don't mind me asking) we both know he would have been a Democrat before taking office. :D

Immie

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  4. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    All Democrats have to offer is more poverty.

5. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,933
    I didn't vote this year.

6. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I might have read your reason elsewhere, but was there a particular reason you chose not to vote this year? and if so, care to share why? Do you usually vote?

Immie

7. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,776
    I did! I guess that makes me a racist. :rofl:

No one will ever guarantee there will be no more abortions simply because it would be a lie.

8. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    ... the political ads and phone calls will stop! ( clasping hands, closing eyes and thanking God )

... I feel a little let down. Not due to my voting experience or the outcome of the elections. More like having a vacation that was planned way in advance, be over with. We've talked and discussed and argued for so long now. But, we have 2012 to look forward to!

... Hillary will soon announce her run for President.

... let's see what the Republicans can do with their chance.

9. B. Kidd

B. Kidd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,858
    Let's also see what the remaining Dems do.
    Alot of 'blue dog' Dems lost yesterday. Are there any moderate Dems left?

10. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,933
    Actually, although I wasn't impressed with any of the candidates in any of the races in my area - except maybe for [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0"]this guy [/ame]- the reason I didn't vote is rather mundane: I was a couple hundred miles from my polling place on election day, working on a campaign out of my home state. I was sent up there with too little notice to file for an absentee ballot.