Now it is four cops who didn’t go in.

Let's eliminate as much as possible all the human failures involved, and secure the schools with the latest in security technology. The technology should bring back the ease of mind for the teachers and students to enjoy a secure environment.

The guns in the care of properly trained staff should be the last resort after all has failed or a breakdown occurs in the system, and this is due to the determination of a bad apple or bad apples. Security comes in layers, and in those layers guns are definitely a huge part of it all. Let's secure our schools, lock up our mentally ill bad guy's or gal's, and move on.

Sad that it was revealed that we had weakness in the form of law enforcement on the scene, and hopefully that will be remedied as well.

Yeah, and what good is it having a police officer permanently stationed at a school if they run and hide when the children need them most? I mean, why have a 'Resource Officer?' Their sole duty should be to protect the children. The 'Resource Officer' at Parkland clearly failed to do his job. He could have saved kids' lives. Shame on him.

Preach!

If Officer Friendly, whose job is to teach elementary school kids about Stranger Danger, was at the school the day the shooting broke out, I would expect HIM to try to protect lives. I sure as shit expect it from the sheriff's deputies. A cop is a cop is a cop, and if you didn't want the danger, you should have applied to be a frigging librarian or a secretary or something.

Hi Conservatives! You can knock it off the the stupid "It takes a Good Guy With Guns" nonsense. It's now officially a proven shibboleth.

And you Liberals still hold the notion that more laws will mean less bad guys with guns. What is going to stop a bad guy with a gun?

Yeah, and what good is it having a police officer permanently stationed at a school if they run and hide when the children need them most? I mean, why have a 'Resource Officer?' Their sole duty should be to protect the children. The 'Resource Officer' at Parkland clearly failed to do his job. He could have saved kids' lives. Shame on him.

Except that he didn't "run and hide".

Also, keep in mind who gets assigned to "Resource Officer" duties. It's usually the kind of guys who aren't very good at regular policing.

But don't worry, just arm the lunch lady, it will be fine.

Hi Conservatives! You can knock it off the the stupid "It takes a Good Guy With Guns" nonsense. It's now officially a proven shibboleth.

And you Liberals still hold the notion that more laws will mean less bad guys with guns. What is going to stop a bad guy with a gun?
Yep, and what is going to stop a guy with a knife if the citizen don't have a gun ?? Been there, and won't be there again. I have had guns for years and years, and I have been no threat to anyone. Florida is responsible for what took place in their state, and hopefully they learned from it.

Until Hollyweird is dealt with in this country, it's only going to get worse and worse. We have a crowd running Hollyweird now, that are pure trash sadly enough, and they shouldn't be in power or empowered to do what they have been doing to our nation. Until the trail is discovered, and it is pursued to the culprits, it will continue unabated. Drain the Hollywood swamp now. Bring back those who want the best for our kids, families and nation. Bring back ethics and decency in our programming again, and enforce strongly the ratings system. It's time to re-rate many shows and movies that have been rated wrongly, and therefore have exposed children to obscene subliminal material in cartoons, shows, and entertainment. The brainwashing needs to end.

Enough already.

Last edited:
Tell me again about how we are supposed to trust the cops to protect our kids?

Actually, there were four police officers waiting outside the school

The police have no constitutional duty to protect anyone. They will always turn out to protect each other.

View attachment 178767

More cops rushed to defend a disgraced fellow cop, than rushed in to save the kids.

So why are we even discussing leaving it to the cops anyway?

It is a given that the the first order of the Police are to:

A). Protect themselves, investigate themselves and never find anyone guilty of anything except under the most egregious of situations because, let's face it . . . no one wants to be a cop anymore. Leave of absence with pay, a desk job, then back to work after all things quiet down.

B). Show up at the scene of a crime in order to apprehend lawbreakers so that the judge and a sharp lawyer can get them off for more money than the arresting police make in two years.

C). Show up after the fact of a crime having been committed and all harm is done in order to do all required paperwork, file the report and keep your sergeant or Chief off your back.

D). Protect the public when doing so is incidental to getting the bad guy breaking the law because stopping law breakers is paramount even if laws change from year to year--- ---just enforce the law no matter to what stupid end it takes you.

E). Shrug off all public criticism because you know it is a thankless job 99% of the time but occasionally made worthwhile by those few who rise above the occasion to do the right things with compassion, decency and common sense even when not required to make the world a slightly better, safer place and garner the appreciation and thanks from those you've helped along the way because it was the RIGHT thing to do.

Again, we have left wingers sniveling about the police. What happened to ' Kill Da Pigz'? Why do they now want cops to do anything, when they shouldn't even exist, according to Democrats? All they would do is just run in and shoot down all the black kids and leave, anyway. Democrats and the BLM heroes say so.

Remember when they used to say if only there was one good guy with a gun? Well even several sheriffs aren't enough when the killer has an assault rifle. We need gun con
God! The ignorance! I can't take it anymore!

You're right. We need to ban assult rifles, especially those built after 1986. These mass shootings (all zero of them) caried out by crazy people with assault rifles needs to end.

Because it matters? Where was the assault weapon in your story? Where is the killer who just starts shooting? Your story is quite a different one.
Your ignorance on guns, their function, and their effectiveness completely disqualifies you from any discussion on the topic.

The police had equal firepower X4. They were armed with, at minimum a semi-automatic weapon each. Cruz was armed with 1 semi-automatic weapon.

A semi-automatic weapon means the operator must pull the trigger for a single round to fire. The operator must release the trigger far enough to allow it to reset before firing another single round. One pull, one shot.

That describes at least 75% of all civilian arms.

NOTHING about Nicholas Cruz's weapon gave him any advantage over a police officer with a side arm. At those ranges, 5.56/.223 offers no advantage whatsoever.

If the OP is true, they had this kid outgunned 4:1.

So, until you have educated yourself, please stop pushing for more useless gun control. You can't sit here and tell me that the gun owning and carrying coach who threw himself in front of the kids to protect them would not have pulled his weapon and fired on Cruz. But, he was not allowed to carry in school, thanks to ignorant democrats.

The complete failure of the Broward Co Sheriff's Department is why I believe Scott Israel (communist democrat sheriff) made sure his department ignored the warning signs and ordered them to stand down and let the body count rise. A bunch of dead kids is the ONLY good news commie dems have had for 2+ years.

Last edited:
You are a bunch of scared little children who won't admit you are wrong. You just hide behind your guns while so many die. You told us magazine capacity didn't matter and these semi-auto rifles weren't so dangerous. Now these are the very weapons regularly used for the worst mass shooting in history. Over 50+ deaths isn't that dangerous? You clowns have been spewing BS for far too long.
Once again, you are one ignorant motherfucker!

On this topic, you should just completely shut the fuck up. You really know nothing.

Democrats are vultures. they need lots of dead bodies to promote their agenda, an agenda that itself relies on even more dead bodies; see Mao and Stalin for the particulars on why that is.

Democrats are vultures. they need lots of dead bodies to promote their agenda, an agenda that itself relies on even more dead bodies; see Mao and Stalin for the particulars on why that is.
It's no more heinous than the gop's denial of the murders...

Really? So what murders are being denied, exactly? Do they have a different body count or something? Are they denying the shootings happened at all? The Democrats are trying to claim the NRA killed them; they have a base stupid enough to run around parroting whatever idiot crap they tell them to. So, who politicized this shooting first? even ran around throwing together fake 'spontaneous rallies', again? Yes, you vultures did.

Really? So what murders are being denied, exactly? Do they have a different body count or something? Are they denying the shootings happened at all? The Democrats are trying to claim the NRA killed them; they have a base stupid enough to run around parroting whatever idiot crap they tell them to. So, who politicized this shooting first? even ran around throwing together fake 'spontaneous rallies', again? Yes, you vultures did.
I did? Show me a picture of me doing it..Hopes and prayers is all the gop will address on the issue.ignoring the murders and hope they just go away...

I did? Show me a picture of me doing it..Hopes and prayers is all the gop will address on the issue.ignoring the murders and hope they just go away...

Yes, we knew you were just pulling crap out of your ass earlier, and now you're posting a sequel.

Yes, we knew you were just pulling crap out of your ass earlier, and now you're posting a sequel.
Still waiting on proof...also...the sequel....make it an oater.....

Preach!

If Officer Friendly, whose job is to teach elementary school kids about Stranger Danger, was at the school the day the shooting broke out, I would expect HIM to try to protect lives. I sure as shit expect it from the sheriff's deputies. A cop is a cop is a cop, and if you didn't want the danger, you should have applied to be a frigging librarian or a secretary or something.

Yes, he was an armed police officer permanently stationed at the school. He was there to protect the children. But when it was time for him to perform his duty, he ran and hid instead. He should be ashamed of himself.

Forum List

Back