Obama Presidential LIbrary - Did USMB Liberals Lie About Taxpayer Funding?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Back on Jan. 18 there was an thread titled "Obamas ripped for lavish presidential library plans, featuring ‘test kitchen’, basketball court, etc" When it was mentioned that the taxpayers will have to cough up some money to cover the costs involved with the building of the library, the following comments were made:

theDoctorisIn: "The Obama library is being constructed entirely with donated funds, and will cost the taxpayers nothing at all."

theDoctorisIn: "Obama's library will not be part of the NARA network, and will not be kept up by any taxpayer funds."

theDoctorisIn: "I didn't say that "no one has room to question it". I said that it isn't going to cost the taxpayers a cent - which the OP claimed it would."

Syriusly: "
No American tax dollars go to any of the Presidential libraries and this won't be any different. You are of course just lying again.
To attack Obama again."

What we're learning today is that there will be taxpayer cost associated with the library: $175 million dollars of Illinois state and City of Chicago taxpayer's money to be exact:

"The planned Obama Presidential Center in Chicago is being privately funded, but on Friday city officials estimated how much taxpayers will pay for roadwork and other construction around the center: $175 million.

It was the first time city officials put a specific dollar figure on the expected cost to the public, the Chicago Tribune reported."

Obama library's public cost estimated at $175M: report

Is the Library gonna feature a scaled down KFC, for folks
that want a snack?

Seeing as how the library is being built in Jackson Park, I'd have to say "no". That's the part of town where the upper-income black folks live, so they will be serving shrimp kebobs, not KFC. :biggrin:

So are they paying for the library, or the infrastructure around it?

Back on Jan. 18 there was an thread titled "Obamas ripped for lavish presidential library plans, featuring ‘test kitchen’, basketball court, etc" When it was mentioned that the taxpayers will have to cough up some money to cover the costs involved with the building of the library, the following comments were made:

theDoctorisIn: "The Obama library is being constructed entirely with donated funds, and will cost the taxpayers nothing at all."

theDoctorisIn: "Obama's library will not be part of the NARA network, and will not be kept up by any taxpayer funds."

theDoctorisIn: "I didn't say that "no one has room to question it". I said that it isn't going to cost the taxpayers a cent - which the OP claimed it would."

No American tax dollars go to any of the Presidential libraries and this won't be any different. You are of course just lying again.
To attack Obama again."

What we're learning today is that there will be taxpayer cost associated with the library: $175 million dollars of Illinois state and City of Chicago taxpayer's money to be exact:

"The planned Obama Presidential Center in Chicago is being privately funded, but on Friday city officials estimated how much taxpayers will pay for roadwork and other construction around the center: $175 million.

It was the first time city officials put a specific dollar figure on the expected cost to the public, the Chicago Tribune reported."

So in other words none of the tax dollars are going to the library itself.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

If a libturd is communicating, they are relaying a lie they made up themselves or parroting one from somewhere else.

So are they paying for the library, or the infrastructure around it?

Infrastructure. But it was said that the library wouldn't cost taxpayers a dime. $175 million is a pretty big dime, especially in a city that has so many problems.

Frequently Asked Questions

How is a Presidential Library paid for and funded?

A Presidential Library is constructed with private or non-Federal funds donated to non-profit organizations established usually for the express purpose of building a Presidential Library and supporting its programs.

Some Libraries have also received construction and development funding from state and/or local governments.

The Library is then transferred to the Federal government and operated and maintained by NARA through its congressionally appropriated operating budget.

Some staff and programs at Presidential Libraries are paid for with funds from associated private foundations organized to fund the construction of the Library. These private foundations also provide continuing support for Library programs and special events, such as conferences and exhibitions.

To attack Obama again."

Do you need a tissue, or your diaper changed?

Forum List

Back