Notice They Don't Call It Universal Health Care Anymore

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
We are being taken for a ride. This health care bill is merely a vehicle that the Dems want to use to control every facet of our lives. And what is even worse not everyone is getting coverage nor does it kick in for another 4 years.....but of course the tax increases begin this coming January.

There are plenty of questions about this bill that very few of us are aware of.

Somebody explain first of all why language is in the bill that says it won't kick in till after 2013 or 2014. I've heard that it will take that long to get it going. This argument is bogus because their primary reason for passing it is to save lives.....lives that they claim will be lost without it. So why does it take years for it to go into effect?

Another thing is not only does it cut Medicare but millions of Americans will still never receive coverage. To top it off they're floating recommendations already about screening for breast-cancer, prostrate-cancer, and now cervical-cancer. You have to put off checking yourself for this cancer according to the powers that be because someone in Washington decided you don't need it. Pap smears won't be recommended until a woman reaches her 30s. I wonder how many women in their 20s will die from cancer because they had to wait a few years to get the proper screening that is in place today.

Here in Tennessee Tenn Care went broke and 400,000 beneficiaries had to be removed from coverage just to keep it afloat. I think we can expect the same from national health care.

Senate_Minority_Leader_Harry_Reid.jpg

More jobs will be lost and more will have to rely on the government to survive.

No, not everyone will be covered, but you will get free abortions, and you will be forced out of your present health care eventually, and your taxes will increase to the point that you will not be able to control your income. All funds will have to be deposited into a government monitored bank account and whatever is left over after all of the new fees and taxes are taken out will be yours.....and you will learn to love it.

Last edited:
The Senate Version only proposes to ensure 31 million people.

Once they combine the House bill with the Senate bill more will be covered but still millions will be left out in the cold.

I wonder how many low income Americans waiting for free health care aren't paying attention to this little fact.

In a perfect world the republicans would be helping more people get covered rather than blocking any progress trying to be made.

In a perfect world the republicans would be helping more people get covered rather than blocking any progress trying to be made.

This is the usual poison-pill tactic.

The Dems bring up a bill that they know the GOP will reject and they really don't care if it fucks everything up. They have the press to blame it all on the GOP. If it passes they won't get any of the blame and if it fails they can use the media to blame the GOP for it's failure.

Those evil Conservative bastards just want to starve babies and keep everyone from their shitty health care.

so you just think 55% of Americans are evil and just want to distroy the US?

Sorry the Rs beat them to the distruction

so you just think 55% of Americans are evil and just want to distroy the US?

Sorry the Rs beat them to the distruction

55% of Americans aren't currently in Congress.

Man you sound like you have no clue.

By the way 65% of America is against this monstrosity.

I think you need to change your handle because truth doesn't matter to you.

Last edited:
The Death Panels Have swung into action.. no mammograms before 50 and pap smears every other year or so.. oh well,,

The Death Panels Have swung into action.. no mammograms before 50 and pap smears every other year or so.. oh well,,
Officials at the highest level of the Obama administration are trying to make it very clear that new guidelines about when to get mammograms were not their idea. There's been a lot of confusion and a lot of fear this week after a federal advisory board said women in their 40s should avoid routine breast cancer screenings.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, she weighed in on all of this earlier today with a statement that said in part this. Let me read it to you: "The U.S. Preventive Task Force is an outside, independent panel of doctors and scientists who make recommendations. They do not set federal policy, and they don't determine what services are covered by the federal government."

CNN.com - Transcripts

you might want to check the facts willow before you start speaking out your ass.

Officials at the highest level of the Obama administration are trying to make it very clear that new guidelines about when to get mammograms were not their idea. There's been a lot of confusion and a lot of fear this week after a federal advisory board said women in their 40s should avoid routine breast cancer screenings.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, she weighed in on all of this earlier today with a statement that said in part this. Let me read it to you: "The U.S. Preventive Task Force is an outside, independent panel of doctors and scientists who make recommendations. They do not set federal policy, and they don't determine what services are covered by the federal government."

CNN.com - Transcripts

you might want to check the facts willow before you start speaking out your ass.

Why do you believe them?

Not that I agree with the fearmongering from the right but let's not kid ourselves. We are all - left and right - being played for a bunch of sheep. Probably because the majority actually are sheep.

Somebody explain first of all why language is in the bill that says it won't kick in till after 2013 or 2014. I've heard that it will take that long to get it going. This argument is bogus because their primary reason for passing it is to save lives.....lives that they claim will be lost without it. So why does it take years for it to go into effect?

2013 must be what they think is a reasonable amount of time to implement it. Lots and lots of paperwork. Something akin to "so you want to build a new car? Well gotta get the sheet metal stamps made, what's next?"

You have EVERY right to go get your colon or breasts inspected for cancer every six months from the age of 12. Just get a good enough job and quit asking someone else to pay the bill.

Health insurance is ran by actuaries. Alliance has some kind of formula to determine what treatment is worth the investment. I know, they don't wan to reattach my ACL because I can still walk. At some point there is a law of diminishing returns. Obviously a colonoscopy a week isn't worth it.

Guys look, we're all for small government. Just makes us look like hypocrites when we complain insurance companies or the government should pay for things for us.

Where is there any mandate to refuse mamograms?

DUMB ASS, the Government just released a "recommendation" that mammograms only be given after 50 and then every other year. And another that says pap smears are not necessary until much later then now.

Its a medical decision made by medical professionals and in no way provides for a refusual of payment for such testing.

You people are truely badly informed.

Where is there any mandate to refuse mamograms?

DUMB ASS, the Government just released a "recommendation" that mammograms only be given after 50 and then every other year. And another that says pap smears are not necessary until much later then now.

Its a medical decision made by medical professionals and in no way provides for a refusual of payment for such testing.

You people are truely badly informed.

You are a fucking RETARD. The Insurance companies make decisions on what is covered usually by recommendations from these panels and if the Government takes over Health Insurance they will definitely use these panels. They want to CUT medical costs. Their own studies show that cutting tests is one way to do it.

Its a medical decision you fool.

It is based fon medical research and NOT the government

Forum List

Back