Notice They Don't Call It Universal Health Care Anymore

It never fails to amaze me that so many lefties seem to think this bill is some wonderful solution to health care problems. I can only assume that none has actually read the bill, or they don't understand it, or they are too fucking stupid to understand the phrase 'unintended consequences'.

You are a fucking RETARD. The Insurance companies make decisions on what is covered usually by recommendations from these panels and if the Government takes over Health Insurance they will definitely use these panels. They want to CUT medical costs. Their own studies show that cutting tests is one way to do it.

Most insurance companies don't cover mammograms until age 50 already.

I guess Michelle Obama isn't bothering with them until her 50th birthday........ ya think? How about those little brats of hers, will they be waiting until 50?

That's between her and her doctor. For starters, the new guidelines are for people without a family history. I don't know if Michelle has a family history of breast cancer.

The tax provisions don't kick in until 2013. Funny how that always get left out.

Please provide a link.....because if you believe that bullshit then I'm Oprah Winfrey.

Here ya go.

Under the Finance Committee bill, the tax would be imposed beginning in 2013 on employer- sponsored health plans with total premiums exceeding $8,000 for individuals and $21,000 for families, regardless of whether the coverage was paid for by the employer, the individual or both. The tax would be paid by insurers, who would be expected to pass along the cost to customers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/13/health/policy/13plans.html

---

And let's assume you're correct, why would they put anything off until after Obama is reelected? Aren't people dying as we speak from lack of health care? And what do they have to fear if they put this in immediately?

The left just doesn't make sense in this and never will. This program should be ready to go if it's well thought out. The primary excuse I keep hearing is that they still have to work out the details. Hell, after 2040 some odd pages they should have already worked that stuff out rather then put all of those bribes in the bill. $300 million for the Senator from L.A. and verbage in the bill that excludes them from having to fall in with the rest of us. They get to keep their health plan.

I remember a time that when a crooked politician got caught screwing the public they used to tar and feather and run them out of town on a rail.

It's not a matter of working out details. I don't see why anyone would have told you that, because the details are spelled out in the legislation. Many of the provisions go into effect upon passage. The phase-in period is to allow companies the prep time to get their products in conformity with the law. Also, the bill doesn't "excludes them from having to fall in with the rest of us". The bill places them inside the same framework we'd all be in: employer-provided insurance, and if you don't have it, an individual marketplace upon which to buy policies.

I guess Michelle Obama isn't bothering with them until her 50th birthday........ ya think? How about those little brats of hers, will they be waiting until 50?
Maybe thanks to capitalism she'll have the money to pay for the extra ones. Funny folks wanting government hand outs for mammograms they should be paying for.

Maybe thanks to capitalism she'll have the money to pay for the extra ones. Funny folks wanting government hand outs for mammograms they should be paying for.

Sort of like health care coverage handouts huh?

Every other industrialized country in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because the healthcare lobbyists gave $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS to members of Congress in the last decade.

Where do you think that money came from? Your insurance premiums! So you are paying the insurance companies to lobby Congress to deny you coverage.

Is this a great country or what?

You are sounding like a broken record, Chris. Actually, I think you may have broken a record for the number of times you have said the same thing. When are you going to respond to my responses to your repeated talking point?

Here are a few other questions to consider: with the government gaining more power and control with passage of the currently proposed health care bill, do you think the lobbying will increase or decrease? Who is it that has been receiving this lobbying money you are talking about? Go here, because Democrats have been receiving more money than Republicans recently. OpenSecrets | Diagnosis: Reform - Capital Eye

The tax provisions don't kick in until 2013. Funny how that always get left out.

Please provide a link.....because if you believe that bullshit then I'm Oprah Winfrey.

Here ya go.

Under the Finance Committee bill, the tax would be imposed beginning in 2013 on employer- sponsored health plans with total premiums exceeding $8,000 for individuals and $21,000 for families, regardless of whether the coverage was paid for by the employer, the individual or both. The tax would be paid by insurers, who would be expected to pass along the cost to customers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/13/health/policy/13plans.html

---

And let's assume you're correct, why would they put anything off until after Obama is reelected? Aren't people dying as we speak from lack of health care? And what do they have to fear if they put this in immediately?

The left just doesn't make sense in this and never will. This program should be ready to go if it's well thought out. The primary excuse I keep hearing is that they still have to work out the details. Hell, after 2040 some odd pages they should have already worked that stuff out rather then put all of those bribes in the bill. $300 million for the Senator from L.A. and verbage in the bill that excludes them from having to fall in with the rest of us. They get to keep their health plan.

I remember a time that when a crooked politician got caught screwing the public they used to tar and feather and run them out of town on a rail.

It's not a matter of working out details. I don't see why anyone would have told you that, because the details are spelled out in the legislation. Many of the provisions go into effect upon passage. The phase-in period is to allow companies the prep time to get their products in conformity with the law. Also, the bill doesn't "excludes them from having to fall in with the rest of us". The bill places them inside the same framework we'd all be in: employer-provided insurance, and if you don't have it, an individual marketplace upon which to buy policies.

This is assuming they can actually do what the bill says for the costs they say they can. What government program has never needed additional funding once it was started? Medicare and SCHIP (similar programs) both have.

Also, there are fees they are assessing to the medical industries which start in 2010. The health care consumer will end up paying for these fees in the end.

We are being taken for a ride. This health care bill is merely a vehicle that the Dems want to use to control every facet of our lives. And what is even worse not everyone is getting coverage nor does it kick in for another 4 years.....but of course the tax increases begin this coming January.

There are plenty of questions about this bill that very few of us are aware of.

Somebody explain first of all why language is in the bill that says it won't kick in till after 2013 or 2014. I've heard that it will take that long to get it going. This argument is bogus because their primary reason for passing it is to save lives.....lives that they claim will be lost without it. So why does it take years for it to go into effect?

Another thing is not only does it cut Medicare but millions of Americans will still never receive coverage. To top it off they're floating recommendations already about screening for breast-cancer, prostrate-cancer, and now cervical-cancer. You have to put off checking yourself for this cancer according to the powers that be because someone in Washington decided you don't need it. Pap smears won't be recommended until a woman reaches her 30s. I wonder how many women in their 20s will die from cancer because they had to wait a few years to get the proper screening that is in place today.

Here in Tennessee Tenn Care went broke and 400,000 beneficiaries had to be removed from coverage just to keep it afloat. I think we can expect the same from national health care.

Senate_Minority_Leader_Harry_Reid.jpg

More jobs will be lost and more will have to rely on the government to survive.

No, not everyone will be covered, but you will get free abortions, and you will be forced out of your present health care eventually, and your taxes will increase to the point that you will not be able to control your income. All funds will have to be deposited into a government monitored bank account and whatever is left over after all of the new fees and taxes are taken out will be yours.....and you will learn to love it.

You are right.

We are being taken for a ride.

Our healthcare costs twice as much per capita as every other industrialized nation in the world.

I wonder when people like you will realize it?

Every other industrialized country in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because the healthcare lobbyists gave $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS to members of Congress in the last decade.

Where do you think that money came from? Your insurance premiums! So you are paying the insurance companies to lobby Congress to deny you coverage.

You are sounding like a broken record, Chris. Actually, I think you may have broken a record for the number of times you have said the same thing. When are you going to respond to my responses to your repeated talking point?

Here are a few other questions to consider: with the government gaining more power and control with passage of the currently proposed health care bill, do you think the lobbying will increase or decrease? Who is it that has been receiving this lobbying money you are talking about? Go here, because Democrats have been receiving more money than Republicans recently. OpenSecrets | Diagnosis: Reform - Capital Eye

The Republicans and the Blue Dog Democrats are getting the money.

Why do you think it is so hard to get a sensible public opiton thru Congress.

But I have faith in this country. Sooner or later people will understand the fundamental fairness and decency of having national health insurance.

But I have faith in this country. Sooner or later people will understand the fundamental fairness and decency of having national health insurance.

You did not answer any of my questions, nor did you read the link. When are you going to fully participate in a discussion?

Sorry, but sensible and public option do not go together.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
We are being taken for a ride. This health care bill is merely a vehicle that the Dems want to use to control every facet of our lives. And what is even worse not everyone is getting coverage nor does it kick in for another 4 years.....but of course the tax increases begin this coming January.

There are plenty of questions about this bill that very few of us are aware of.

Somebody explain first of all why language is in the bill that says it won't kick in till after 2013 or 2014. I've heard that it will take that long to get it going. This argument is bogus because their primary reason for passing it is to save lives.....lives that they claim will be lost without it. So why does it take years for it to go into effect?

Another thing is not only does it cut Medicare but millions of Americans will still never receive coverage. To top it off they're floating recommendations already about screening for breast-cancer, prostrate-cancer, and now cervical-cancer. You have to put off checking yourself for this cancer according to the powers that be because someone in Washington decided you don't need it. Pap smears won't be recommended until a woman reaches her 30s. I wonder how many women in their 20s will die from cancer because they had to wait a few years to get the proper screening that is in place today.

Here in Tennessee Tenn Care went broke and 400,000 beneficiaries had to be removed from coverage just to keep it afloat. I think we can expect the same from national health care.

Senate_Minority_Leader_Harry_Reid.jpg

More jobs will be lost and more will have to rely on the government to survive.

No, not everyone will be covered, but you will get free abortions, and you will be forced out of your present health care eventually, and your taxes will increase to the point that you will not be able to control your income. All funds will have to be deposited into a government monitored bank account and whatever is left over after all of the new fees and taxes are taken out will be yours.....and you will learn to love it.

You are right.

We are being taken for a ride.

Our healthcare costs twice as much per capita as every other industrialized nation in the world.

I wonder when people like you will realize it?

Even if I were to admit that were true I think when you get the best you have to pay the most.

Why we have to pay so much for drugs is another issue.

You can blame the government for that one.

The Death Panels Have swung into action.. no mammograms before 50 and pap smears every other year or so.. oh well,,
You have EVERY right to go get your colon or breasts inspected for cancer every six months from the age of 12. Just get a good enough job and quit asking someone else to pay the bill.

But the funny thing is that asking someone else to "foot the bill" is exactly what HRC is doing. It is asking the middle class to foot the bill for health insurace for the poor at the risk of their own health insurance and quite possibly their jobs.

Because sensible people see this plan for what it is... a step towards socialized medicine and a very big risk to costing middle class Americans their health insurance and/or livelihoods.

Immie

Question:

Chris keeps speaking about how great health care is in all those other countries who have socialized medicine. In every thread about HRC, Chris reminds us of how much he adores the medical fields in all those countries.

How many of those other countries produce any significant medical research that betters the lives of people around the world?

In 2013, when we jump head first into the quagmire of socialized medicine will American medical research come to a standstill? Will pharmecuetical companies cut back on their research and leave us without research into the cure for cancer?

How about the artificial heart? Would it have been developed under socialized medicine? Will we be stuck with what we have now and never move further along in the technology so that the artificial heart could be a viable long term solution. How about prostethis? (sp?) Research is being done that makes artificial limbs behave almost humanlike. Will that research continue or die out because of lack of funding?

What kind of damage will this plan do to medical research nationwide?

Why would research stop? Because if there is no financial incentive (provided by capitalism) for finding the cure to cancer researchers are not going to invest the billions of dollars it will take to find it. The government will be minimizing the rewards for research. If it is going to cost me 10 billion dollars to find the cure for cancer and when I am done the government is going to restrict me to $5 a dose, I am not going to risk that $10 billion.

Immie

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

You consider throwing someone in jail or taking money from him because he can't afford coverage decent? Fair? Taxing middle class families because their coverage is too good? These are real possibilities under the proposed system.

sensible public opiton.

No such thing exists.

I don't have faith in this country, not with you and your ilk calling the shots. Maybe sooner or late people will understand the fundamental fairness and decency of a hard day's work and pay for their own fucking way instead of expecting me to pay for it.

You consider throwing someone in jail or taking money from him because he can't afford coverage decent? Fair? Taxing middle class families because their coverage is too good? These are real possibilities under the proposed system.

To be fair, those not able to pay for healthcare don't get fined for not having it. However, that's who the "public option" is supposed to cover. So they're going to make this public option, and they are going to let the poor and lower middle class buy into it. If they don't, they do not get punished. However, if the upper middle class or rich decide not to carry insurance, they get fined. If they decide to carry GREAT insurance, they pay extra taxes on it. Don't you get it? It's a fucking war on the rich.

To be fair, those not able to pay for healthcare don't get fined for not having it. However, that's who the "public option" is supposed to cover. So they're going to make this public option, and they are going to let the poor and lower middle class buy into it. If they don't, they do not get punished. However, if the upper middle class or rich decide not to carry insurance, they get fined. If they decide to carry GREAT insurance, they pay extra taxes on it. Don't you get it? It's a fucking war on the rich.

I agree with most of what you said except that there will be some people who will lose their employer sponsored health insurance. They will not be able to afford to pay for their own, but they make more than the government allows for subsidies. They will be the ones that are fined and penalized and face jail time for not complying.

War on the rich? Only if you consider most of the middle class rich. It is a war on the middle class, because the rich can afford their own health care. Those of us without the political or economic clout to push our own weight around will be the ones that suffer here.

Immie

Question:

Chris keeps speaking about how great health care is in all those other countries who have socialized medicine. In every thread about HRC, Chris reminds us of how much he adores the medical fields in all those countries.

How many of those other countries produce any significant medical research that betters the lives of people around the world?

In 2013, when we jump head first into the quagmire of socialized medicine will American medical research come to a standstill? Will pharmecuetical companies cut back on their research and leave us without research into the cure for cancer?

How about the artificial heart? Would it have been developed under socialized medicine? Will we be stuck with what we have now and never move further along in the technology so that the artificial heart could be a viable long term solution. How about prostethis? (sp?) Research is being done that makes artificial limbs behave almost humanlike. Will that research continue or die out because of lack of funding?

What kind of damage will this plan do to medical research nationwide?

Why would research stop? Because if there is no financial incentive (provided by capitalism) for finding the cure to cancer researchers are not going to invest the billions of dollars it will take to find it. The government will be minimizing the rewards for research. If it is going to cost me 10 billion dollars to find the cure for cancer and when I am done the government is going to restrict me to $5 a dose, I am not going to risk that $10 billion.

Immie
immie,
How exactly will the government be minimizing the rewards in EITHER OF THESE BILLS....you give some sort of generalization or mere speculation or whatever one wants to call it, but you have not given any example of how this minimalization of the rewards will actually or realistically or honestly or truthfully be done in these 2 health reform bills?

There are no caps on what anyone can charge us in these bills are there?

If anything, I believe THAT'S the real problem....health care costs will go way up IF THERE ARE NO caps....

btw, the federal government, our taxes, PAYS for 40% of ALL research and development costs IN THE MEDICAL PRIVATE SECTOR....DO WE ever get the $4 BILLION back from the total $10 billion spent on the cure for cancer in your example?

care

the public option in these bills is sooooooo limited, it is near useless imo....this guy explains it fairly well...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2aV6uJGkP0[/ame]

Forum List

Back