Not the words of a human being

One thing Muslims are ordered to do with the Qur'an is to ponder over the meanings of its verses. The Qur'an is the word of God Almighty Himself (who is above any form of humanness), hence any given verse in it has endless meanings. Indeed, when God speaks, there is no limit to what He said. We ponder over a verse again and again, and as we do we acquire new meanings every time.

What happened to needing Islamic saints to interpret the Quran for you? You cannot have it both ways.

All words come from humans. 'God' would not be confined to words, and certainly not to one language. What a patently absurd notion!

Men are never fair to women. Therefore, when you read the following verse of the Qur'an, you know that this is not the word of a human being; but that of God Almighty Himself, and it is obvious:

"For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in the Remembrance of Allah (Remembrance of God), for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward."

The Confederates (Surah 33), V 35

This is perfect fairness.

Just a little further on in the same surah you find Muhammad telling you he can have as many wives as he wants, including prisoners of war, and this is a privilege reserved only for him. I suppose God said that too?

33.50 O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid
their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war
whom God has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and
daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Makka) with thee;
and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes
to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); We know what We
have appointed for them as to their wives and the captives whom their right hands
possess;- in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And God is Oft-
Forgiving, Most Merciful.
You know for sure that when a Muslim begins to talk for the Islamic love of and respect for women the propaganda has gotten kind of deep.

What can possibly be the defense of the Koran and Islam? The book itself says it must be prefectly right or it is all wrong.
It is not perfectly right, as can be and has been shown.
What is the continued debate?

The Qur'an is the word of God Almighty Himself (who is, by the way, above any form of humanness, He, the Creator and Sustainer of the universes). I say universes, because the universe is in 3 dimensions; just as there is 2 dimensions, there is also 3 dimensions; there is also, for sure, 4 dimensions, 5 dimensions, 6 dimensions, 7 dimensions, 7 000 000 dimensions. Science only knows of 2 and 3 dimensions.

I think no other book in the world claims to be the word of God Almighty, (who is above any form of humanness). How much more will it take for you to understand that you have before you the word of God Almighty Himself ? How lucky and how fortunate you are to be able to see the speech and the word of God, you can cherish it as much as you want. It is here on earth: the Qur'an.

Muslims are ordered to do this, to cherish the words of God by reading it often. I don't let a day go by without reading at least 1/30th of the Qur'an (takes about 20 to 30 minutes). If you read the word of God, the Qur'an, the Holy Word of God; regularly and seriously (not storytelling reading), you will yourself become holy; like the prophets, like the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family, the best of all prophets), like the saints of Islam.

You will be able to fly in the air, walk on water, visit the heavens as you wish, say "be" to anything you want and it will be, etc...

Because it is the word of God, any verse of it has infinite meanings. The more you ponder on a verse, the more meanings you acquire. Muslims are ordered with insistance to ponder over the verses of the Qur'an. We are asked to read and ponder, not just read. Let's have an example. Let us ponder on any given verse and acquire meanings. Let's do that, even though this should be done privately and not talked about to anyone; because you are acquiring meanings from God to you, and you should generally keep theses meanings to yourself. But for the sake of giving an example, let's ponder on any given verse; for example the 1st verse of the Chapter "The Cow", which is Surah 2:

"A.L.M" (Alif Lam Meem in Arabic)

1/ A vowel first, then 2 consonants. God shows you the easy sides first, then if you take care of it, then you start to see the more difficult sides. The easy side is usually the most important side, twice as much as the difficult sides.

2/ There is something great and sublime about brightness (instead of darkness) and light; since it is A L M and not for instance P Z V, etc...(See for example how the sky is light blue, not dark blue). In this life, God will test your strength and your forbearance, because it is A L M, not P Z V; you try to be be bright, not dark, but when you dark will try to overpower you and subdue you; hence at that time you hold your ground, not backing away, staying bright, with firmness; and that is strength and forbearance.

3/ God does not ask much of you, usually. It is A L then M. You make the effort as you move from A to L; then after you have made one effort, the rest is easy, only moving from L to M. In other words, what God will ask of you and what God will like is the first effort; that is important, not repeated great efforts. It is an affair of making a great effort only once; the affair is not to make continuous huge efforts.

So on and so forth. These are 3 very simple acquiring of meanings. I did not go deep on any of these 3. I pondered 3 times as I was making this post. You can go deeper and deeper on any of these 3, or on any other; it is up to you.

Of course, it is good to first have an idea of what a heavenly religion and an Almighty God stipulate; for example know beforeheand that God is above any form of humanness, that being generous is good, that harming is not good, that God has asked that you pray to Him in the manner He taught 5 times a day, that God has a special great love for his beloved, Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family); that God loves everyone, that God has appointed 2 angels who stay over the shoulders of every single human being; the one on the right writing the good that you do, and the one on the left writing the evil that you do (their names are Raqib and Atid, peace on them)...

When God says "Obey God and Obey the Prophet and those in authority", it means if you practice Islam the way Muhammad intended it, and after him and his Companions, the saints of Islam who represent him, then God will grant you great success in life.

Then after you have pondered on a verse (and you should not be interrupted as you do, be focused, respectful of God who is pouring meanings onto you). It is important to stay respectfully focused.

After you have pondered, deeper and deeper for let's say 5 minutes, then stop, and take a moment to think about God. You will see how your love and respect of God has increased a bit.

To be fair, most Muslims don't know Arabic and cannot see whether it's beautiful
Incorrect.

All muslims can read and recite some arabic.

The 5 daily prayers offered by muslims everywhere in the world are only said in arabic. ...... :cool:

The uniting factor of Islam is most every adherrent knows at least theological amounts of Arabic as with reading Qur'an in its' original language. Picked up a fair amount of conversational Farsi during my...More interesting days way back. It's actually not a difficult language as languages go (I thought.)

Muslims are ordered to do this, to cherish the words of God by reading it often. I don't let a day go by without reading at least 1/30th of the Qur'an (takes about 20 to 30 minutes). If you read the word of God, the Qur'an, the Holy Word of God; regularly and seriously (not storytelling reading), you will yourself become holy; like the prophets, like the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family, the best of all prophets), like the saints of Islam.

Reminds me of the first time I read the Quran. It took me only about 20 minutes to smell a rat. I soon saw it was a rehash of the bible myths. All my subsequent readings of the Quran confirmed my initial reaction that it was all made up. Unless Jonah was swallowed by a whale, and Moses parted the red sea, and Noah built his ark. Along with all the other bunk in the Quran, and don't forget the talking ant.

So many scientists refuse to believe that the Qur'an is a human book. They are convinced that the Qur'an is from none but God (who is above any form of humanness), and that everything that is said in the Qur'an can be proven scientifically. This speaks for itself.

So many scientists refuse to believe that the Qur'an is a human book. They are convinced that the Qur'an is from none but God (who is above any form of humanness), and that everything that is said in the Qur'an can be proven scientifically. This speaks for itself.

It's utter nonsense------some guy in Saudi Arabia----I believe ?? prince talal ---or something like that----pays
second rate needy college professors to verify "science in the Koran"----
none of the reports make sense. There is more "science" in the BAGHAVAD GITA than the
Koran-----in fact,, much more. My all time fave
bit of nonsense is in reference to "embryology in the Koran"---------it includes stuff that would be known way back then and LONG BEFORE to every primitive midwife,

Yea! and the heaven and earth were created in six days and ants talk.

there is an oil rich Saudi ----who conducts "science in the Koran" contests with prize money. If you are interested in genesis----as science-----OFFER a prize---

It's utter nonsense------some guy in Saudi Arabia----I believe ?? prince talal ---or something like that----pays
second rate needy college professors to verify "science in the Koran"----
none of the reports make sense. There is more "science" in the BAGHAVAD GITA than the
Koran-----in fact,, much more. My all time fave
bit of nonsense is in reference to "embryology in the Koran"---------it includes stuff that would be known way back then and LONG BEFORE to every primitive midwife,

They do pay people for some purpose, but it's not scientists and it's not about science in the Qur'an.

A day may mean a phase, a stage; or 1000 days or 1000 years, etc...Animals make sounds; those can sometimes be communications, and science showed it.

The first verses of the Chapter "The Most Gracious" (Surah 55)

1. The Most Gracious!
2. It is He Who has taught the Qur'an.
3. He has created man

See how God taught the Qur'an before actually creating the human being.

Look to the following verses of the Chapter "The Most Gracious".

14. He created man from sounding clay like unto pottery,
15. And He created Jinns from fire free of smoke,
16. Then which of the favours of your Lord will you both deny?

This is not and can not be the words of a human being. It is in all obviousness the word of God Almighty Himself (the Creator by Himself of everything that exists, and who is above any form of humanness).

1. The Most Gracious!
3. He has created man

This is not and can not be the words of a human being. It is in all obviousness the word of God Almighty Himself (the Creator by Himself of everything that exists, and who is above any form of humanness).

why can it not be the words of human beings? ---making people out of clay come from very old human myths ALL OVER THE WORLD and spirits from fire sparks-----comes from the religion of ZOROASTRIANISM---which precedes islam and
the Koran by thousands of years and-------the adherents of which, muslims murder. It seems very human to me and compared to the scriptural writings of other peoples------really dumb. The Baghavad Gita is much
better

1. The Most Gracious!
3. He has created man

Why did he create jinns? Jinns are portrayed as evil beings.

1. The Most Gracious!
3. He has created man

I apologise. These were not correct translations.

These are the translations:

1. The Most Gracious.
2. He taught the Quran.
3. He created man

and

14. He created man from sounding clay like pottery
15. And He created the jinns from the flame of a fire free of smoke.
16.Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you both (humans and jinns) deny?

Forum List

Back