Not the words of a human being

Muslim75

Nov 23, 2014
Dakar
This is something obvious. The Qur'an is a revelation from God Almighty Himself who is far above any form of humanness; to His beloved, Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family.

When you read the Qur'an, even the translations, it is obvious that these are not the words of a human being. They are the words of a Higher Supreme being, God Almighty. Consider the following examples:

"Then We roused them, in order to test which of the two parties was best at calculating the term of years they had tarried!"

The Cave -Surah 18- V 12

"And keep thy soul content with those who call on their Lord morning and evening, seeking His Face; and let not thine eyes pass beyond them, seeking the pomp and glitter of this Life; no obey any whose heart We have permitted to neglect the remembrance of Us, one who follows his own desires, whose case has gone beyond all bounds."

The Cave -Surah 18- V 28

"O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!"

The Pilgrimage -Surah 22- V 73

"And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline). He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protector - the Best to protect and the Best to help!"

The Pilgrimage -Surah 22- V 78

"As to thee, the Qur'an is bestowed upon thee from the presence of one who is Wise and All-knowing."

The Ant -Surah 27- V 6

"So he (Solomon) smiled, amused at her speech (the ant's speech) ; and he said: O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours, which thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by Thy Grace, to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants."

The Ant -Surah 27- V 19

These are not the words of a human being. It's obvious.

This is something obvious. The Qur'an is a revelation from God Almighty Himself who is far above any form of humanness; to His beloved, Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family.

When you read the Qur'an, even the translations, it is obvious that these are not the words of a human being. They are the words of a Higher Supreme being, God Almighty. Consider the following examples:

"Then We roused them, in order to test which of the two parties was best at calculating the term of years they had tarried!"

The Cave -Surah 18- V 12

"And keep thy soul content with those who call on their Lord morning and evening, seeking His Face; and let not thine eyes pass beyond them, seeking the pomp and glitter of this Life; no obey any whose heart We have permitted to neglect the remembrance of Us, one who follows his own desires, whose case has gone beyond all bounds."

The Cave -Surah 18- V 28

"O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!"

The Pilgrimage -Surah 22- V 73

"And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline). He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protector - the Best to protect and the Best to help!"

The Pilgrimage -Surah 22- V 78

"As to thee, the Qur'an is bestowed upon thee from the presence of one who is Wise and All-knowing."

The Ant -Surah 27- V 6

"So he (Solomon) smiled, amused at her speech (the ant's speech) ; and he said: O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours, which thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by Thy Grace, to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants."

The Ant -Surah 27- V 19

The Quran like the Bible are mans words. Sorry guy.

When you read the Qur'an, even the translations, it is obvious that these are not the words of a human being. They are the words of a Higher Supreme being, God Almighty. Consider the following example:

The Ant -Surah 27- V 19

I am afraid that it is completely obvious that these are not the words of God.

Because ants don't talk !

Do you really think these are Gods words?

22.15 If any think that God will not help him (His Apostle) in this world and the
Hereafter, let him stretch out a rope to the ceiling and cut (himself) off: then let him
see whether his plan will remove that which enrages (him)!

Do you really think God would say the following?
Quran sura 5.33 The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;

People know well that the followings are not the words of a human being, but the words of God Almighty Himself (who is by the way above any form of humanness):

"Their reward is with Allah (God). Gardens of Eternity, beneath which rivers flow; they will dwell therein forever; Allah well pleased with them, and they with Him: this for such as fear their Lord."

The Clear Proof (Surah 98), V 8

Last edited:
"A.L.M.S."

The Holy Qur'an, The Heights (Surah 7), V 1

These are not the words of a human being. It is most obvious.

"Their reward is with Allah (God). Gardens of Eternity, beneath which rivers flow; they will dwell therein forever; Allah well pleased with them, and they with Him: this for such as fear their Lord."

The Clear Proof (Surah 98), V 8
The rewards of heaven described in the Quran are ludicrous. To lay on couches by streams of wine with trees where the fruit hangs low, being waited on by wide eyed youths.

Just the sort of heaven that would appeal to dusty old desert Arabs.

I read the Koran at age 20 ---the picthall version. I was waiting for the "good part"------it never happened

This is another instance of the obviousness of the fact that the Qur'an is not the word of a human being. The Qur'an is the word of God Almighty himself. It is obvious, for instance in the styles of depth (the depth of the words and sentences)..

As you go from chapter to chapter you notice the different styles of depth. This variety can not be made by a human being. Only God Almighty Himself can do that. Look at these randomly chosen excerpts from different chapters to notice the different styles of depth.

"Those who reject Faith say: "Why is not the Qur'an revealed to him all at once? Thus (is it revealed), that We may strengthen thy heart thereby, and We have rehearsed it to thee in slow, well-arranged stages, gradually.

And no question do they bring to thee but We reveal to thee the truth and the best explanation (thereof).

Those who will be gathered to Hell (prone) on their faces,- they will be in an evil plight, and, as to Path, most astray.

(Before this,) We sent Moses The Book, and appointed his brother Aaron with him as minister;

And We commanded: "Go ye both, to the people who have rejected our Signs:" And those (people) We destroyed with utter destruction.

And the people of Noah,- when they rejected the apostles, We drowned them, and We made them as a Sign for mankind; and We have prepared for (all) wrong-doers a grievous Penalty;-

As also 'Ad and Thamud, and the Companions of the Rass, and many a generation between them.

To each one We set forth Parables and examples; and each one We broke to utter annihilation (for their sins)."

The Criterion (Surah 25), V 32-39

"So they found one of Our servants, on whom We had bestowed Mercy from Ourselves and whom We had taught knowledge from Our own Presence.

Moses said to him: "May I follow thee, on the footing that thou teach me something of the (Higher) Truth which thou hast been taught?"

(The other) said: "Verily thou wilt not be able to have patience with me!"

"And how canst thou have patience about things about which thy understanding is not complete?"

Moses said: "Thou wilt find me, if Allah so will, (truly) patient: nor shall I disobey thee in aught."

The other said: "If then thou wouldst follow me, ask me no questions about anything until I myself speak to thee concerning it."

So they both proceeded: until, when they were in the boat, he scuttled it. Said Moses: "Hast thou scuttled it in order to drown those in it? Truly a strange thing hast thou done!"

He answered: "Did I not tell thee that thou canst have no patience with me?"

The Cave (Surah 18), V 65-72

"See ye the water which ye drink?

Do ye bring it down (in rain) from the cloud or do We?

Were it Our Will, We could make it salt (and unpalatable): then why do ye not give thanks?

See ye the Fire which ye kindle?

Is it ye who grow the tree which feeds the fire, or do We grow it?

We have made it a memorial (of Our handiwork), and an article of comfort and convenience for the denizens of deserts.

Then celebrate with praises the name of thy Lord, the Supreme!

Furthermore I call to witness the setting of the Stars,-"

The Event (Surah 56), V 68-75

"Have We not made the earth (as a place) to draw together.

The living and the dead,

And made therein mountains standing firm, lofty (in stature); and provided for you water sweet (and wholesome)?

Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters of Truth!

(It will be said:) "Depart ye to that which ye used to reject as false!

"Depart ye to a Shadow (of smoke ascending) in three columns,

"(Which yields) no shade of coolness, and is of no use against the fierce Blaze.

"Indeed it throws about sparks (huge) as Forts,

"As if there were (a string of) yellow camels (marching swiftly)."

Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters of Truth!"

The Winds Sent Forth (Surah 77) V 25-34

Add the beauty of the Arabic language, and the beauty of reciting in a melodious tone. You will find a beauty purely divine, obviously not from a human being, but from God Almighty Himself.

And We commanded: "Go ye both, to the people who have rejected our Signs:" And those (people) We destroyed with utter destruction.

And the people of Noah,- when they rejected the apostles, We drowned them, and We made them as a Sign for mankind; and We have prepared for (all) wrong-doers a grievous Penalty;-

As also 'Ad and Thamud, and the Companions of the Rass, and many a generation between them.

Yea, your wonderful God went around destroying people, I don't think.

For those who know what the Big Bang is, this is what the Qur'an said in the 7th century:

"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder?"

The Prophets (Surah 21), V 30

This is not the word of a human being, obviously, but that of God Almighty Himself.

Nasa (I think) compared the universe at its beginning to a red flower. This is what the Qur'an said in the 7th century:

"When the sky is rent asunder, and it becomes red like ointment"

The Most Merciful (Surah 55), V 37

The Nobel prize in physics about 3-4 or 5 years ago maybe ( I don't remember) was attributed to a scientist that discovered that the universe was expanding at an accelerated rate.

The Qur'an said in the 7th century:

"none can know the forces of thy Lord, except He"

The one enveloped (Surah 74), V 31. Note: "forces" mean creations.

As you see, this is obviously not the words of a human being, but that of God Almighty the Creator of the Universes Himself.

Oh I get it

You are claiming the Quran is not written from the point of view of a human being.

Nor is the creation myth for Genesis--so? Only YEC'ers believe that word for.

The question is:was it written by man? Most of us non-muslims think so.

By the way, you do know that the point of view a book or story is really a literary device. It can be manufactured by the author. The point of view, itself, is not evidence of who wrote what.

To be amazed about the POV of any book or story is a bit--not meaning to sound rude here--but it is a bit naive and ignorant. You are not presenting any evidence to us that suggests that the Quran is valid. In fact, we are a little confused as to why you think the POV of the Quran(which, at times, seems to be in the POV of the prophet) is important at all.

"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder?"

The heaven and earth were not joined at the big bang. Only energy was released at the big bang and it formed photons, then hydrogen. The it took billions of years for the first stars to die and release heavy atoms into space, before planets like the earth could be formed. So the Quran is wrong about creation.

This is not the word of a human being, obviously, but that of God Almighty Himself.

I suggest you read something other than the Quran for a while, until you find that there are many far better writings than the Quran, and nobody but human beings wrote them.

Forum List

Back