Not the words of a human being

This is something obvious. The Qur'an is a revelation from God Almighty Himself who is far above any form of humanness; to His beloved, Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family.

When you read the Qur'an, even the translations, it is obvious that these are not the words of a human being. They are the words of a Higher Supreme being, God Almighty. Consider the following example:

"So he (Solomon) smiled, amused at her speech (the ant's speech) ; and he said: O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours, which thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by Thy Grace, to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants."

The Ant -Surah 27- V 19

These are not the words of a human being. It's obvious.

I am afraid that it is completely obvious that these are not the words of God.

Because ants don't talk !
By that logic neither do bushes or serpents.

This is something obvious. The Qur'an is a revelation from God Almighty Himself who is far above any form of humanness; to His beloved, Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family.

When you read the Qur'an, even the translations, it is obvious that these are not the words of a human being. They are the words of a Higher Supreme being, God Almighty. Consider the following example:

"So he (Solomon) smiled, amused at her speech (the ant's speech) ; and he said: O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours, which thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by Thy Grace, to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants."

The Ant -Surah 27- V 19

I am afraid that it is completely obvious that these are not the words of God.

Because ants don't talk !
By that logic neither do bushes or serpents.

I quite agree.

Muslim75 You have claimed the verse in the Quran that says all living things are made of water is a revelation from God because nobody knew that in Muhammad's time. But I just looked through one of my philosophy books and it says that Thales, the Greek philosopher who lived in about 625 to 545 BC said that all living things were made from water. So that blows that theory.

I recommend you to read a history of western philosophy before spouting off about how divine the Quran is.

The following verses of the Holy Qur'an are talking about God Almighty (who is above any form of humanness). This is God Almighty Himself talking about Himself. A human being can never say this about God, whether he believes in God or not. This is obviously the word of God Almighty Himself. These are the first 7 verses of Iron, which is Surah 57.

"In the Name of God, The Most Merciful, the Great Merciful"

1. Whatever is in the heavens and on earth,- let it declare the Praises and Glory of Allah. for He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

2. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: It is He Who gives Life and Death; and He has Power over all things.

3. He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Immanent: and He has full knowledge of all things.

4. He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in Six Days, and is moreover firmly established on the Throne (of authority). He knows what enters within the earth and what comes forth out of it, what comes down from heaven and what mounts up to it. And He is with you wheresoever ye may be. And Allah sees well all that ye do.

5. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: and all affairs are referred back to Allah.

6. He merges Night into Day, and He merges Day into Night; and He has full knowledge of the secrets of (all) hearts.

7. Believe in Allah and His apostle, and spend (in charity) out of the (substance) whereof He has made you heirs. For, those of you who believe and spend (in charity), for them is a great Reward.

Note: the 6th verse indicates, in the 7th century, that this earth is created by God, and also that it is round. He created this earth round. Many centuries later, the Chruch had immense problems with scientists who were saying that the earth was actually round.

When you read the first 5 verses of The Rending Asunder (Surah 84), you know that this is not the word of a human being, but that of God Almighty Himself (and God Almighty is, by the way, above any form of humanness), that is obvious:

"In the Name of God, The Most Merciful, The Great Merciful

1. When the sky is rent asunder;
2. And hearkens to (the Command of) its Lord, and it must needs (do so);
3. And when the earth is flattened out;
4. And casts forth what is within it and becomes (clean) empty;
5. And hearkens to (the Command of) its Lord, and it must needs (do so); (then will come home the full reality). "

Note: The beauty of these verses in Arabic can not be described.

To proclaim "God is great" and then describe how limited and small God is rather contradicts one's point.

Nattering on about God does make one thing obvious; insecurity about the subject.

The following verses of the Holy Qur'an are talking about God Almighty (who is above any form of humanness). This is God Almighty Himself talking about Himself. A human being can never say this about God, whether he believes in God or not. This is obviously the word of God Almighty Himself. These are the first 7 verses of Iron, which is Surah 57.

1. Whatever is in the heavens and on earth,- let it declare the Praises and Glory of Allah. for He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

2. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: It is He Who gives Life and Death; and He has Power over all things.

3. He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Immanent: and He has full knowledge of all things.

4. He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in Six Days, and is moreover firmly established on the Throne (of authority). He knows what enters within the earth and what comes forth out of it, what comes down from heaven and what mounts up to it. And He is with you wheresoever ye may be. And Allah sees well all that ye do.

5. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: and all affairs are referred back to Allah.

6. He merges Night into Day, and He merges Day into Night; and He has full knowledge of the secrets of (all) hearts.

7. Believe in Allah and His apostle, and spend (in charity) out of the (substance) whereof He has made you heirs. For, those of you who believe and spend (in charity), for them is a great Reward.

Note: the 6th verse indicates, in the 7th century, that this earth is created by God, and also that it is round. He created this earth round. Many centuries later, the Chruch had immense problems with scientists who were saying that the earth was actually round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you read the first 5 verses of The Rending Asunder (Surah 84), you know that this is not the word of a human being, but that of God Almighty Himself (and God Almighty is, by the way, above any form of humanness), that is obvious:

5. And hearkens to (the Command of) its Lord, and it must needs (do so); (then will come home the full reality). "

There is nothing that impressive about those verses. Certainly nothing beyond a human author. You should really read something other than the Quran for a change. Study the history of English literature, and you will find far better writings.

This is another instance of the obviousness of the fact that the Qur'an is not the word of a human being. The Qur'an is the word of God Almighty himself. It is obvious, for instance in the styles of depth (the depth of the words and sentences)..

As you go from chapter to chapter you notice the different styles of depth. This variety can not be made by a human being. Only God Almighty Himself can do that. Look at these randomly chosen excerpts from different chapters to notice the different styles of depth.

"Those who reject Faith say: "Why is not the Qur'an revealed to him all at once? Thus (is it revealed), that We may strengthen thy heart thereby, and We have rehearsed it to thee in slow, well-arranged stages, gradually.

And no question do they bring to thee but We reveal to thee the truth and the best explanation (thereof).

Those who will be gathered to Hell (prone) on their faces,- they will be in an evil plight, and, as to Path, most astray.

(Before this,) We sent Moses The Book, and appointed his brother Aaron with him as minister;

And We commanded: "Go ye both, to the people who have rejected our Signs:" And those (people) We destroyed with utter destruction.

And the people of Noah,- when they rejected the apostles, We drowned them, and We made them as a Sign for mankind; and We have prepared for (all) wrong-doers a grievous Penalty;-

As also 'Ad and Thamud, and the Companions of the Rass, and many a generation between them.

To each one We set forth Parables and examples; and each one We broke to utter annihilation (for their sins)."

The Criterion (Surah 25), V 32-39

"So they found one of Our servants, on whom We had bestowed Mercy from Ourselves and whom We had taught knowledge from Our own Presence.

Moses said to him: "May I follow thee, on the footing that thou teach me something of the (Higher) Truth which thou hast been taught?"

(The other) said: "Verily thou wilt not be able to have patience with me!"

"And how canst thou have patience about things about which thy understanding is not complete?"

Moses said: "Thou wilt find me, if Allah so will, (truly) patient: nor shall I disobey thee in aught."

The other said: "If then thou wouldst follow me, ask me no questions about anything until I myself speak to thee concerning it."

So they both proceeded: until, when they were in the boat, he scuttled it. Said Moses: "Hast thou scuttled it in order to drown those in it? Truly a strange thing hast thou done!"

He answered: "Did I not tell thee that thou canst have no patience with me?"

The Cave (Surah 18), V 65-72

"See ye the water which ye drink?

Do ye bring it down (in rain) from the cloud or do We?

Were it Our Will, We could make it salt (and unpalatable): then why do ye not give thanks?

See ye the Fire which ye kindle?

Is it ye who grow the tree which feeds the fire, or do We grow it?

We have made it a memorial (of Our handiwork), and an article of comfort and convenience for the denizens of deserts.

Then celebrate with praises the name of thy Lord, the Supreme!

Furthermore I call to witness the setting of the Stars,-"

The Event (Surah 56), V 68-75

"Have We not made the earth (as a place) to draw together.

The living and the dead,

And made therein mountains standing firm, lofty (in stature); and provided for you water sweet (and wholesome)?

Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters of Truth!

(It will be said:) "Depart ye to that which ye used to reject as false!

"Depart ye to a Shadow (of smoke ascending) in three columns,

"(Which yields) no shade of coolness, and is of no use against the fierce Blaze.

"Indeed it throws about sparks (huge) as Forts,

"As if there were (a string of) yellow camels (marching swiftly)."

Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters of Truth!"

The Winds Sent Forth (Surah 77) V 25-34

Add the beauty of the Arabic language, and the beauty of reciting in a melodious tone. You will find a beauty purely divine, obviously not from a human being, but from God Almighty Himself.
In The Criterion (Surah 25), V 32-39 who is the 'we'?

Note: Muhammud (swish) stole ruthlessly from both Christianity and Judaism in his formulation of Islamism. He also stole from the Greeks, specifically Erostenese, who measured the circumference of the earth well before the time of Mo' (swish).

In 300 b.c., Erostenese proposed that the earth was a sphere. He measured the lengths of shadows at different cities at noon. The elegant use of trigonometry solved that puzzle. There were other clues as to a spherical earth. Other bodies in the sky were spherical; curved shadows during eclipses, etc.

You Mo' (swish) worshippers need to get acquainted with history.

Note: not surprisingly, it's only Moslems who claim "beauty" in Arabic verses.

To be fair, most Muslims don't know Arabic and cannot see whether it's beautiful

Last edited:
With all due respect to the OP and the followers of any/all religions with a Sacred book....... I have never found any of them to be particularly inspiring. I find the "mythologies" much more inspiring as someone who strives for a personal relationship with the divine rather than a corporate one.

When you read the Qur'an, even the translations, it is obvious that these are not the words of a human being. They are the words of a Higher Supreme being, God Almighty. Consider the following examples:

"Then We roused them, in order to test which of the two parties was best at calculating the term of years they had tarried!"

The Cave -Surah 18- V 12

"And keep thy soul content with those who call on their Lord morning and evening, seeking His Face; and let not thine eyes pass beyond them, seeking the pomp and glitter of this Life; no obey any whose heart We have permitted to neglect the remembrance of Us, one who follows his own desires, whose case has gone beyond all bounds."

The Cave -Surah 18- V 28

"O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!"

The Pilgrimage -Surah 22- V 73

"And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline). He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protector - the Best to protect and the Best to help!"

The Pilgrimage -Surah 22- V 78

"As to thee, the Qur'an is bestowed upon thee from the presence of one who is Wise and All-knowing."

The Ant -Surah 27- V 6

The Ant -Surah 27- V 19

Why are the actions of radicalized Muslims not those of civilized and peaceful human beings? ISIS sure isn't bringing peace to the family of Islam.

One thing Muslims are ordered to do with the Qur'an is to ponder over the meanings of its verses. The Qur'an is the word of God Almighty Himself (who is above any form of humanness), hence any given verse in it has endless meanings. Indeed, when God speaks, there is no limit to what He said. We ponder over a verse again and again, and as we do we acquire new meanings every time.

Read this random verse for instance, and pay attention to what it says, you will acquire new meanings. Remember the verse and every time you will think of it pondering, you will acquire new meanings. Then realise these are not the words of a human being, but that of God Himself.

"Such as fear not the meeting with Us (for Judgment) say: "Why are not the angels sent down to us, or (why) do we not see our Lord?" Indeed they have an arrogant conceit of themselves, and mighty is the insolence of their impiety!"

The Criterion (Surah 25), V 21

One thing Muslims are ordered to do with the Qur'an is to ponder over the meanings of its verses. The Qur'an is the word of God Almighty Himself (who is above any form of humanness), hence any given verse in it has endless meanings. Indeed, when God speaks, there is no limit to what He said. We ponder over a verse again and again, and as we do we acquire new meanings every time.

Read this random verse for instance, and pay attention to what it says, you will acquire new meanings. Remember the verse and every time you will think of it pondering, you will acquire new meanings. Then realise these are not the words of a human being, but that of God Himself.

"Such as fear not the meeting with Us (for Judgment) say: "Why are not the angels sent down to us, or (why) do we not see our Lord?" Indeed they have an arrogant conceit of themselves, and mighty is the insolence of their impiety!"

The Criterion (Surah 25), V 21
But angels are sent down to us. Did the koran do away with the narrative of Jacob's ladder? What I take from that verse is islam is a religion void of angels. Sorry to hear that.

Men are never fair to women. Therefore, when you read the following verse of the Qur'an, you know that this is not the word of a human being; but that of God Almighty Himself, and it is obvious:

"For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in the Remembrance of Allah (Remembrance of God), for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward."

The Confederates (Surah 33), V 35

This is perfect fairness.

Men are never fair to women. Therefore, when you read the following verse of the Qur'an, you know that this is not the word of a human being; but that of God Almighty Himself, and it is obvious:

"For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in the Remembrance of Allah (Remembrance of God), for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward."

The Confederates (Surah 33), V 35

This is perfect fairness.

Just a little further on in the same surah you find Muhammad telling you he can have as many wives as he wants, including prisoners of war, and this is a privilege reserved only for him. I suppose God said that too?

33.50 O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid
their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war
whom God has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and
daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Makka) with thee;
and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes
to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); We know what We
have appointed for them as to their wives and the captives whom their right hands
possess;- in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And God is Oft-
Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Forum List

Back