Not Sure Where We (My Fiancée and I) Went Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have her killed but check out the will and insurance policies first .

Okay first before I tell you guys this story, please no comments from the peanut gallery alright? Neither me or my fiancée drive right now even though we're in our early thirties. I don't feel comfortable behind the wheel right now, (and neither does my family and for the record we both have disabilities) and he's just starting to feel safe with it and currently working on his license. Anyways, currently we both need to depend on other ways for transportation.

So on Monday we went to go to the movie theater to go see the I Can movie. We got another means of transportation to the theater and his mother said that she was going to be out anyways at the nearby mall so (by her own free will) she told us that she would go ahead and pick us up and to let us know when the movie was going to be over. My fiancée texted her once the movie was ending while I went to the restroom so that she could ahead and pick us up. (The mall is only a few minutes away)

So after I come out of the restroom and rejoin my fiancée, we go outside and she hasn't shown up yet. He gives her a call and it goes straight to voicemail. So we don't have a clue what's going on and if she's still going to pick us up so he calls her again and finds out what's going on and she said that she's sorry that she lost track of the time. He says that's alright but she should have gotten her priorities straight with her commitment and had been watching the time, (I said this) or at least text one of us to say that she couldn't make it and is it possible for us to make other arrangements and that was very irresponsible of her.

We wound up getting another ride but she totally went off on us and hasn't spoken to either one of us since. Although we both have apologized for upsetting her, (not sorry for what we said though) and the ball is currently in her court. It still beats the heck out of me of why she's the one mad at us when she kept us waiting. We get that she made a mistake and she's sorry for it, but she's still the one at fault not us as she could have always said at any point that she might not be able to get us after all.
You're in the wrong and should apologize.
The correct response was simply to call a taxi/uber and thank her for thinking of you.
Then avoid accepting this type of help in the future.
You were not paying for the service so the criticism is personal.

If you put your well being in the hands of others you will often be disappointed.
That doesn't make them bad but your priorities are not theirs so don't depend on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back