Zone1 Not one 8th grader has passed state math test in three years

Flash

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2014
Florida
Looks like we have another failure in expectations. No real commitment by anybody. The students aren't learning anything and there is crime in the school.

Looks like now they are going to try to fix it by pouring even more money into the school. I think we know the chances of that working is close to nil. Three years from now it will be a six year record of nobody passing the math test.

REPORT: Not One 8th Grader at LeBron James’ I Promise School Has Passed State Math Test in 3 Years

Not a single 8th grader at the I Promise School LeBron in Akron, Ohio, a school founded by LeBron James, has passed their state math test in three years, and critics are blasting the school for its unkept promises.

When LeBron James dropped into Akron with great fanfare and media coverage in 2018, promising to fund a new sort of school to help educate young people in his hometown, many hailed him as just the savior the city needed. But did James’ “I Promise” school fulfill its promises? Test scores are showing that it hasn’t.
But it soon came to light that Ohio taxpayers were still paying most of the school’s expenses, just like any other school. More than 75 percent of the funding is still coming from government sources.

There is also still inner-city crime to deal with on the campus of James’ school, too. Last year a teen was beaten to death in the school’s parking lot.

Now the Ohio Department of Education is about to pour even more state-funded resources into the I Promise school in a desperate attempt to increase test scores.

Now, even Akron school board members are beginning to question James’ commitment to actual education and wondering if it was more about burnishing his reputation as a philanthropist than a serious effort to reform and reinvigorate education.

Looks like we have another failure in expectations. No real commitment by anybody. The students aren't learning anything and there is crime in the school.

Looks like now they are going to try to fix it by pouring even more money into the school. I think we know the chances of that working is close to nil. Three years from now it will be a six year record of nobody passing the math test.

REPORT: Not One 8th Grader at LeBron James’ I Promise School Has Passed State Math Test in 3 Years

Not a single 8th grader at the I Promise School LeBron in Akron, Ohio, a school founded by LeBron James, has passed their state math test in three years, and critics are blasting the school for its unkept promises.

When LeBron James dropped into Akron with great fanfare and media coverage in 2018, promising to fund a new sort of school to help educate young people in his hometown, many hailed him as just the savior the city needed. But did James’ “I Promise” school fulfill its promises? Test scores are showing that it hasn’t.
But it soon came to light that Ohio taxpayers were still paying most of the school’s expenses, just like any other school. More than 75 percent of the funding is still coming from government sources.

There is also still inner-city crime to deal with on the campus of James’ school, too. Last year a teen was beaten to death in the school’s parking lot.

Now the Ohio Department of Education is about to pour even more state-funded resources into the I Promise school in a desperate attempt to increase test scores.

Now, even Akron school board members are beginning to question James’ commitment to actual education and wondering if it was more about burnishing his reputation as a philanthropist than a serious effort to reform and reinvigorate education.

The problems in socioeconomically disadvantaged areas are so deep and multi-faceted you wonder how--or even IF--we can ever dig out of them.

Bad teachers are a huge problem and good teachers help. But as anyone can see, the problems are way beyond teachers.

The problems in socioeconomically disadvantaged areas are so deep and multi-faceted you wonder how--or even IF--we can ever dig out of them.

Bad teachers are a huge problem and good teachers help. But as anyone can see, the problems are way beyond teachers.
Sounds like a problem for law enforcement.

• Banned

Having a father at home and a mother than didn't spend her welfare check on crack would also help.

The worst problem is the inferior genetic quality of most of the illegitimate Negro students. Good teachers and more money are wasted on them. No method can be found that works.

The problem will get worse, as more intelligence is required to perform most jobs well.

At the beginning of the civil rights movement integrationists confidently claimed that Negroes were as intelligent as whites, and that this would become obvious as soon as colored people were given equal rights.

They were given equal rights two generations ago. As evidence mounts that most blacks are less intelligent than most whites, and that this is due to genetic differences, There are powerful efforts to suppress the evidence.

Like Funding a Basketball School for Midgets

The worst problem is the inferior genetic quality of most of the illegitimate Negro students. Good teachers and more money are wasted on them. No method can be found that works.

The problem will get worse, as more intelligence is required to perform most jobs well.

Oh goody, eugenics

Oh goody, eugenics
Eugenics is what we need. People with IQ's below 100 are more prolific than people with IQ's above 100. While this is happening computer technology and automation are eliminating jobs people with IQ's below 100 have the intelligence to learn.

Eugenics is what we need. People with IQ's below 100 are more prolific than people with IQ's above 100. While this is happening computer technology and automation are eliminating jobs people with IQ's below 100 have the intelligence to learn.

For the record, your opinion is ghoulish and demonic.

For the record, your opinion is ghoulish and demonic.
As long as many people think like you do a growing percentage of the U.S. population will be congenitally unable to earn a living. They will support themselves with a combination of welfare checks and crime.

Actually, it's the upper-level jobs most at risk from AI. Computers and AI will have a hard time doing the menial work that low skilled people do.

Actually, it's the upper-level jobs most at risk from AI. Computers and AI will have a hard time doing the menial work that low skilled people do.
The number of factory jobs has declined dramatically since 1980. Robotics can do menial work

factoryjobs 2.jpg

The number of factory jobs has declined dramatically since 1980. Robotics can do menial work

View attachment 810077
Factory jobs aren't 'menial' work. I do menial work, so my job is safe.

Terrazzo and tile floor maintenance.
Mowing grass, lawn repair.
Shoveling/blowing snow.
Cleaning apartments.
Light electrical and plumbing.
Patching blacktop and concrete.
Landscaping design.
Tenant relations.
Building and repairing furniture.
Building management (HVAC).
Managing trash and recyclables.
Tree trimming and removal, tree planting.
General repair and maintenance.
Light carpentry.
Painting and refinishing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back