Northern nations warming faster than global average

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for long. In 20 years palms in Minnesota and snowboards in Nicaragua / Pole shift ? Who knows. Answer. NOBODY

lol...….the climate crusaders say the pole shift is due to climate change! Almost as good as the one that climate change caused the Japanese tsunami in 2011.

Im only in here because Im a bit ocd about making fun of mental cases...…..been like that my whole life.:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

About 20 years ago, I was placed on special assignment on 10 North of the local university hospital.....one of my clients had suffered a nervous breakdown. They had a guy up there that thought he was Jesus.....spittin' image of him too! Said the CIA had put him there......had the time of my life fucking with him too! It was everything to do to keep a straight face when I told him I had been placed there by the KGB but was safe while the CIA was conducting bumpy cucumber insertions to get info:backpedal:!

Last edited:
You know, part of the reason that the north is warming faster is because of the melting permafrost. 60 Minutes did a story on it this weekend. Seems that there is a Russian scientist and his son who have been monitoring an area in Siberia. Just a few years ago, the permafrost was frozen to the point where you couldn't get a shovel into the ground during winter, because the ground was frozen solid.

Now? He's digging around 6 feet down and is finding that the permafrost has a lot more carbon dioxide and methane in it than previously thought, and it is those greenhouse gases that are contributing significantly to global warming.

Google Pleistocene Park sometime and see what his research has found.

You know, part of the reason that the north is warming faster is because of the melting permafrost. 60 Minutes did a story on it this weekend. Seems that there is a Russian scientist and his son who have been monitoring an area in Siberia. Just a few years ago, the permafrost was frozen to the point where you couldn't get a shovel into the ground during winter, because the ground was frozen solid.

Now? He's digging around 6 feet down and is finding that the permafrost has a lot more carbon dioxide and methane in it than previously thought, and it is those greenhouse gases that are contributing significantly to global warming.

seems natural!!! right?

Canada is warming at twice the global rate, report says - CNN
and
Canada’s Changing Climate Report

• The observed warming of Canadian temperatures are due to "human influence."
  • There has been more rain than snowfall in Canada since 1948, a trend that looks to continue over the 21st century.
  • Temperature extremes have changed in Canada, meaning extreme warm temperatures are getting hotter and extreme cold is becoming less cold.
  • Extreme hot temperatures will become more frequent and intense.
  • Over the last 30 years, the amount of snow-covered land has decreased in Canada.
  • Flooding is expected to increase in Canada because of sea-level rise.
  • Freshwater shortages in the summer are expected because warmer summers will increase the evaporation of surface water.
We've known that the Arctic had been warmed more than the rest of the planet by a significant margin. It should come as no surprise, then, that countries on the Arctic margin should share in that elevated warming: Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Finland and Russia are all likely to experience accelerated warming particularly on their northern boundaries.
Is this due to gyrations in
and

• There has been more rain than snowfall in Canada since 1948, a trend that looks to continue over the 21st century.
  • Temperature extremes have changed in Canada, meaning extreme warm temperatures are getting hotter and extreme cold is becoming less cold.
  • Over the last 30 years, the amount of snow-covered land has decreased in Canada.
  • Freshwater shortages in the summer are expected because warmer summers will increase the evaporation of surface water.
We've known that the Arctic had been warmed more than the rest of the planet by a significant margin. It should come as no surprise, then, that countries on the Arctic margin should share in that elevated warming: Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Finland and Russia are all likely to experience accelerated warming particularly on their northern boundaries.

Due to gyrations in magnetic field or is northern hemisphere CO2 stronger, more macho???

Well let's hope the scientists are right about this coming little ice age.

But either way, cant get hysterical about this stuff because there isnt dick we can do about it anyway!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

The most fascinating thing about this forum is seeing people who really do believe human beings can flip some switch and put controls on the environment. It's as nutty as me thinking I can do a swan dive off a 1,000 foot cliff and be caught by an angel!:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Where do people come up with this shit?:popcorn:

and

So what? The planet has been warming and cooling for millennia.

But either way, cant get hysterical about this stuff because there isnt dick we can do about it anyway!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Reading comprehension ain't your strong suit, is it? I stated that this Russian scientist has noticed Siberia (you know, that really cold place), is having it's permafrost melting. That is the exact opposite of a coming ice age.

Reading comprehension ain't your strong suit, is it? I stated that this Russian scientist has noticed Siberia (you know, that really cold place), is having it's permafrost melting. That is the exact opposite of a coming ice age.

Nah I get it....but I just posted the other day of Russian scientists ( not affiliated with Trump btw) predicting a coming ice ice for the next 100 years.

Either way....no way to reverse global warming anyway so who cares?

Nah I get it....but I just posted the other day of Russian scientists ( not affiliated with Trump btw) predicting a coming ice ice for the next 100 years.

Actually, in his research, the area he is in used to be grasslands because the mammoths kept stomping down the trees. When they went extinct because of being hunted by man, trees started to grow in the area, and it's because of the trees that it's getting warmer up there, as trees hold heat better than open grassland. He thinks that if he can get the place returned to grassland, the winters will start freezing the permafrost again, and will stop greenhouse gases from being released into the atmosphere.

Actually, in his research, the area he is in used to be grasslands because the mammoths kept stomping down the trees. When they went extinct because of being hunted by man, trees started to grow in the area, and it's because of the trees that it's getting warmer up there, as trees hold heat better than open grassland. He thinks that if he can get the place returned to grassland, the winters will start freezing the permafrost again, and will stop greenhouse gases from being released into the atmosphere.
Your paper has been discredited several years ago when they did bore hole samples and found the methane is only 1/400th of what that paper assumed. Your estimations are exaggerated by a factor of 400..

images

I can cool the earths atmosphere down by a few degrees, if given the equipment and authority to do so, and you get beautiful sunrises and sunsets for a decade or two as a side effect...... Just don't ask me to try heating it back up again.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Here are 9 stations scattered across Canada...the data don't support the claims. More sky is falling hysterics from dumbed down cult dupes..

Canada-temp-9-stations.png

I don't know if anyone watched 60 Minutes this weekend, but they did a segment on it called Pleistocene Park, and it was talking about what some scientist in Siberia discovered. Seems that the permafrost is melting at a high rate of speed, and when it melts, it releases a lot of carbon and methane into the atmosphere.

A bold plan to slow the melt of Arctic permafrost could help reverse global warming

Russian scientists Sergey Zimov and Nikita Zimov — they're a father-son duo — believe they can slow the thawing of the Siberian permafrost by bringing back grazing animals to a swath of land called Pleistocene Park.

Siberia’s melting permafrost has enormous implications for the Earth’s climate.

In some areas of Siberia, permafrost extends 5,000 feet below the surface. It contains vast amounts of carbon dioxide and methane. The top 3 feet alone is estimated to contain twice as much carbon as what’s already in the Earth’s atmosphere. As the carbon and methane are released over the coming decades, scientists say it could spell climate disaster.

Seems that the permafrost is melting at a high rate of speed, and when it melts, it releases a lot of carbon and methane into the atmosphere.

The last time it melted, we all died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back