Nobody in America, ever again, is going to be left alone. Not ever.

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
interesting Read, I have to agree with him wholeheartedly.
What about you.... Does he make a good point?

Your Papers, Citizen
Gun Control and the Changing American Character

February 19, 2013

A staple of American self-esteem is that we Yanks are brave, free, independent, self-reliant, ruggedly individual, and disinclined to accept abuse from anyone. This was largely true in, say, 1930. People lived, a great many of them, on farms where they planted their own crops, built their own barns, repaired their own trucks, and protected their own property. They were literate but not educated, knew little of the world beyond the local, but in their homes and fields they were supreme.
Fred On Everything

Being an individual is not being alone. They have had "barn raisings" since very early in our nation - and before - until last week. These are neighbors volunteering to help their neighbors. I will be having a "barn raising" in the next couple of weeks and there will be folks from as far away as 150 miles coming to help me with my neighbors to put up a couple of garages. All I had to do was put the word out that there would be food for labor. I designed the foundations and structure, submitted the plans to the county andgot them approved with two modifications. I have never been in the building trades and I am certainly no architect but with a bit of searching and a little input from some of the local businesses I put together a decent design. I put the foundations in last October and we will be building in the next couple of weeks.

This is the true heart of America, people helping people because it is the right thing to do. We don't need government to help people - we have families and friends and neighbors. If you don't have any of that - shame on you!

Poor guy, absolutely correct on everything. The government has no intention of leaving us alone, ever, and if you choose not to pay for that barn raising, the government will seize your bank account and pay for it. Then the government will own the barn and in its generosity let you use it once in a while, as long as you use it for only what the government says you can use it for.

I don't know what country you are in but in the USA I don't have to pay the government for my garage. I simply don't care about the government because it does very little to effect me. Aside from being on every "watch" list they have I have never been convicted of more than a traffic fine. The government can't take my garage or anything else that is on my land. They can't even get on my land without a warrant.

I don't know what country you are in but in the USA I don't have to pay the government for my garage. I simply don't care about the government because it does very little to effect me. Aside from being on every "watch" list they have I have never been convicted of more than a traffic fine. The government can't take my garage or anything else that is on my land. They can't even get on my land without a warrant.

so you don't have any property taxes?

Forum List

Back