Nobel Prize insults Obama

You are right...we should all be proud when a fellow American is awarded a Peace Prize. It reflects on us all

even when the person doesn't deserve it.

The Nobel Committee obviously thought he did. Why would anyone opposed a fellow American being acknowledged for Peace?

Is your political hatred that strong?

because he didn't deserve it. Just like OJ didn't deserve an acquittal even though 12 people thought he did.

You are right...we should all be proud when a fellow American is awarded a Peace Prize. It reflects on us all

The Nobel Committee obviously thought he did. Why would anyone opposed a fellow American being acknowledged for Peace?

His application went in a month into office. Name one treaty, war, political prisoner or other significant action on his part that warranted his getting the Prize over the person who received it this year. It is about qualifications not politics. Unless you"re rightwinger.

Honestly Even Obama appeared kind of dumb founded that he won it. He had not even had a chance to do anything to earn it yet.

Me Personally I Think he deserved it just by winning the Election. That act alone was a massive step Forward for America.

The problem is since being elected he has done little to make people think he deserved it. He has even continued some of Bushes most controversial Policies.

Last edited:

Is this the same committee that thought Arafat deserved it? Do you like it when terrorists receive awards for peace?

His application went in a month into office. Name one treaty, war, political prisoner or other significant action on his part that warranted his getting the Prize over the person who received it this year. It is about qualifications not politics. Unless you"re rightwinger.

I have posted the reasons he won. The Nobel Committee obviously thought they were noteworthy.

If you feel it was a personal insult to you.....too bad

I have posted the reasons he won. The Nobel Committee obviously thought they were noteworthy.

If you feel it was a personal insult to you.....too bad

Yeah, the same committee that thought a known terrorist deserved it.

Is this the same committee that thought Arafat deserved it? Do you like it when terrorists receive awards for peace?

I have also posted the context of Arafats shared award. It was not a lifetime achievement award, it reflected peace negotiations going on at that time

I have also posted the context of Arafats shared award. It was not a lifetime achievement award, it reflected peace negotiations going on at that time

Maybe bin Laden will win it.

which would have made sense if those negotiations had actually been in good faith, and amounted to anything.

which would have made sense if those negotiations had actually been in good faith, and amounted to anything.

He thinks it's appropriate for a terrorist to win an award for peace. Not much else to say.

Honestly Even Obama appeared kind of dumb founded that he won it. He had not even had a chance to do anything to earn it yet.

Me Personally I Think he deserved it just by winning the Election. That act alone was a massive step Forward for America.

The problem is since being elected he has done little to make people think he deserved it. He has even continued some of Bushes most controversial Policies.

Well drawing down two wars, restarting the SALT talks with the Russians and kiboshing the Bush doctrine might put the pluses in the "deserving" column internationally.

But I agree with you somewhat on keep some of the internal Bush policies in place.

And like I've said on many occasions, once a President (any president) gets brand shiny new powers...subsequent presidents are loathe to get rid of them.

Well drawing down two wars, restarting the SALT talks with the Russians and kiboshing the Bush doctrine might put the pluses in the "deserving" column internationally.

But I agree with you somewhat on keep some of the internal Bush policies in place.

And like I've said on many occasions, once a President (any president) gets brand shiny new powers...subsequent presidents are loathe to get rid of them.

What he's doing in Afghanistan is not "drawing down".

At the time they looked very promising. Arafat received death threats for negotiating with Israel. He brought the process close to completion and then had to draw back when the militants faction got too irate. It was the closest attempt at peace in the region...but ultimately failed.

The Nobel people do not have a crystal ball

Hamas will never allow peace with Israel. They will do what they are doing now and undermine any peace attempts. Their charter calls for the extermination of Israel. No peace until Hamas is exterminated. It's up to the Pals.

[

Then why did they award it to Arafat? And why would they award it to Obama when he is putting assassination orders on US citizens?

I think I would rather be waterboarded instead of being killed..
:eusa_hand::cuckoo:

All it takes is a quick google search and you could be a little bit more informed. Here you go:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/world/middleeast/07yemen.html

Confirmed: Obama authorizes assassination of U.S. citizen - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

Dozens of U.S. Citizens May Be on Obama Assassination List

[

Then why did they award it to Arafat? And why would they award it to Obama when he is putting assassination orders on US citizens?

I think I would rather be waterboarded instead of being killed..
:eusa_hand::cuckoo:

All it takes is a quick google search and you could be a little bit more informed.
All it takes is a little context and there you go...

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has taken the extraordinary step of authorizing the targeted killing of an American citizen, the radical Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who is believed to have shifted from encouraging attacks on the United States to directly participating in them, intelligence and counterterrorism officials said Tuesday.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. This "U.S. citizen you refer to is treasonous. I bet, I bet, I bet you would be bitching if Obama didn't put a hit out on this guy too you worm. You can't have your cake and eat it too.:cuckoo:

Last edited:

All it takes is a quick google search and you could be a little bit more informed.

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has taken the extraordinary step of authorizing the targeted killing of an American citizen, the radical Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who is believed to have shifted from encouraging attacks on the United States to directly participating in them, intelligence and counterterrorism officials said Tuesday.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. This "U.S. citizen you refer to is treasonous. I bet, I bet, I bet you would be bitching if Obama didn't put a hit out on this guy too you worm. You can't have your cake and eat it too.:cuckoo:

The U.S treats all citizens them as innocent until proven guilty. Simply assassinating him is violating that fundamental right of US citizens. But when did the constitution ever matter to these politicians.

Next thing you know they are going to be changing the definition of "treason" to allow for a more broad interpretation.......

The U.S treats all citizens them as innocent until proven guilty. Simply assassinating him is violating that fundamental right of US citizens. But when did the constitution ever matter to these politicians.

Next thing you know they are going to be changing the definition of "treason" to allow for a more broad interpretation.......

I certainly hope he turns himself in before he gets whacked...

That would be a damned shame

I see the article doesn't mention the US Constitution as a possible conflict. I would suggest ALL US journalist who anticipate working the political desk, take a Constitutional law class before writing.

A simple wanted dead or alive poster would have been fine.

Forum List

Back