Nobel Prize insults Obama

Martin Luther King wins Nobel.......Racists are outraged call it a sham
Lech Walensa wins Nobel.................Soviets are outraged, call it a sham
Nelson Mandella wins Nobel...........South African Racists are outraged call it a sham
Dali Lama and Liu Xiaobo win Nobel..........Communist China outraged, calls it a sham

Jimmy Carter, Al Gore and Barack Obama wins Nobel.........Republicans outraged, call it a sham

Do I detect a trend?

I'm curious. What did Obama get the prize for?

Glad you asked...

The US has had a racist history and for most of its existence has treated blacks as subhuman and second class citizens. The election of a black man in the most powerful nation on earth sent a signal to the rest of the world about racial understanding. Obama putting together the pieces to become president was a historic accomplishment

Secondly, the administration of George Bush operated on a "My way or the highway" mentality where they dictated to the world what should be done or else face the wrath of the United States. His feeble reasons for invading Iraq and subsequent embracing of torture as a means to an end was viewed as a threat to world peace. The election of Obama and his subsequent reaching out to the free world as partners in a worldwide struggle was deemed worthy of a Peace Prize

Then why did they award it to Arafat? And why would they award it to Obama when he is putting assassination orders on US citizens?

I think I would rather be waterboarded instead of being killed..

Last edited:

Glad you asked...

The US has had a racist history and for most of its existence has treated blacks as subhuman and second class citizens. The election of a black man in the most powerful nation on earth sent a signal to the rest of the world about racial understanding. Obama putting together the pieces to become president was a historic accomplishment

Secondly, the administration of George Bush operated on a "My way or the highway" mentality where they dictated to the world what should be done or else face the wrath of the United States. His feeble reasons for invading Iraq and subsequent embracing of torture as a means to an end was viewed as a threat to world peace. The election of Obama and his subsequent reaching out to the free world as partners in a worldwide struggle was deemed worthy of a Peace Prize

Then why did they award it to Arafat? And why would they award it to Obama when he is putting assassination orders on US citizens?

Arafat did not win for lifetime achievement. He shared the prize with Rabin and Peres for his role in the ongoing Palestine/Israel peace negotiations. At the time of the award, those negotiations looked like they may finally result in a lasting peace. Arafat, by negotiating with hated Israel faced death threats at the time. Eventually, the talks broke down because the hatred was too strong

Arafat was responsible for numerous hijacking and targeting civilians for bombings.

He was perfect for the Nobel peace prize.

I just have disgust for it .

HAHA,

good job of never letting a post with out showing how much of a partisan hack you are get by.

Its a legitimate point

Why can't Republicans win Nobel Peace Prizes?

Are they that self centered? That unconcerned with the plight of others? Are they contrary to the universally accepted concepts of World Peace?

Just so you know Wilson(D) presided over WWI and Roosevelt(D) over WWII and Truman(D) over Korea and JFK(D) over Vietnam and Clinton(D) over Kosovo.

The only Republicans to start wars were the Bush's and many of us would contend that they were actually democrats. Especially GWB........

So how do you contend that the left are champions of world peace when they have presided over most of the last century's warfare?

You know that's a good point and I was thinking the same thing.

Nelson Mandella wins Nobel...........South African Racists are outraged call it a sham
Dali Lama and Liu Xiaobo win Nobel..........Communist China outraged, calls it a sham

Jimmy Carter, Al Gore and Barack Obama wins Nobel.........Republicans outraged, call it a sham

Do I detect a trend?

I have realized there is nothing I or anyone can say that will make RW look more intellectually challenged than his very own posts.

I like how you “detect trends” when you don’t use all the data but rather pick out things that look good while leaving out what would make your entire point invalid…

Kind of like your claim Obama saved us from a depression while we have not made it out of a giant recession that is slowly getting worse despite billions being dumped “into the economy.” It’s like FDR all over again, while things get worse you give credit before the “job” is finished… Get ready for that awesome FDR never ending depression that you think was so awesome RW, you can claim 10 years from now that at least Obama staved off the Depression by selling out children’s futures…

You’re kinda apathetic human being RW. The only people that ever seem to agree with you oddly are people even lefties consider to be hacks/trolls or outright fucking morons, IE the board clowns. You are closer to being a Bush bot than most that strived for that title.

Do I detect a trend?

I have realized there is nothing I or anyone can say that will make RW look more intellectually challenged than his very own posts.

I like how you “detect trends” when you don’t use all the data but rather pick out things that look good while leaving out what would make your entire point invalid…

Kind of like your claim Obama saved us from a depression while we have not made it out of a giant recession that is slowly getting worse despite billions being dumped “into the economy.” It’s like FDR all over again, while things get worse you give credit before the “job” is finished… Get ready for that awesome FDR never ending depression that you think was so awesome RW, you can claim 10 years from now that at least Obama staved off the Depression by selling out children’s futures…

You’re kinda apathetic human being RW. The only people that ever seem to agree with you oddly are people even lefties consider to be hacks/trolls or outright fucking morons, IE the board clowns. You are closer to being a Bush bot than most that strived for that title.

Awwwwwwwwww.....Feelings hurt?

What I can't understand is Republicans rooting against fellow Americans who win Nobel Peace Prizes.

Kind of shallow ...wouldn't you say??

Curious.

What's your take in Gitmo, waterboarding, and the denying of Constitutional rights to American citizens during the Bush administration?

I don't mind Gitmo as long as they interrogate, then prosecute. I don't like any person sitting in a prison with no trial. I would prefer military trials because they were caught on a battlefield but as long as they prosecute then I don't really care. Any president violating constituional rights is a tyrant in my opinion. I do not see things in left and right. I see them in right and wrong.

Whats your take on Obongo putting out assassination orders for US citizens?

Do I detect a trend?

What I can't understand is Republicans rooting against fellow Americans who win Nobel Peace Prizes.

Why do you assume Obama is an American?

Glad you asked...

:eusa_hand::cuckoo:

Why do you assume Obama is an American?

Um, because he was born in America, is a U.S. citizen, and is the president of the United States. Why do you suggest he isn't? :cuckoo::lol:

Peres and Rabin, two of the godfathers of the criminal organization known as Israel have also won the Nobel Prize. :doubt:
how is Israel a criminal organization?
Because they won't close down the country and all the Jews in the world won't renounce their religion?
Look, everyone knows Arabs ,especially Muslims hate Jews and it is a base hatred.
It is a deep seated hatred based purely on religious bigotry.

Do I detect a trend?

Glad you asked...

Don't start with "my way or the highway"...Obama is not governing. He is ruling by poitical fiat.
He has appointed czar's, circumventing Congress. He has singed more executive orders than any other president, circumventing Congress.
He has for example threatened Congress that if the body does not pass HIS Cap and Trade policy, he will sign an executive order giving the EPA( an unelected buracracy that serves at the pleasure of the Presaident and is accountable to no one) to among other things to mandate carbon emissions. If that isn't "my way or the highway" I don't know what is.
On many occasions, the last being his fleecing $20 billion out of BP, Obama has acted unilaterally. He has usurped the will of the people and has overstepped his authority in bypassing Congress.
For this , the deomcrat party is going to lose many seats in the mid-term elections. Obama does not care. He cares only about his legacy.
So please, don't go calling the kettle black...

So if America elected Obama to office, shouldn't WE get the Nobel Peace Prize?

Seems like he has done little but cause more division since taking office.

You are right...we should all be proud when a fellow American is awarded a Peace Prize. It reflects on us all

Glad you asked...

Don't start with "my way or the highway"...Obama is not governing. He is ruling by poitical fiat.
He has appointed czar's, circumventing Congress. He has singed more executive orders than any other president, circumventing Congress.
He has for example threatened Congress that if the body does not pass HIS Cap and Trade policy, he will sign an executive order giving the EPA( an unelected buracracy that serves at the pleasure of the Presaident and is accountable to no one) to among other things to mandate carbon emissions. If that isn't "my way or the highway" I don't know what is.
On many occasions, the last being his fleecing $20 billion out of BP, Obama has acted unilaterally. He has usurped the will of the people and has overstepped his authority in bypassing Congress.
For this , the deomcrat party is going to lose many seats in the mid-term elections. Obama does not care. He cares only about his legacy.
So please, don't go calling the kettle black...

Bush was viewed as a threat to world peace.....Obama as a positive step forward for America

You are going to have to live with it

You are right...we should all be proud when a fellow American is awarded a Peace Prize. It reflects on us all

even when the person doesn't deserve it.

The Nobel Committee obviously thought he did. Why would anyone opposed a fellow American being acknowledged for Peace?

Is your political hatred that strong?

Forum List

Back