No, The Constitution Does Not Give You The Freedom To Travel

What sounded like wisdom in the 18th century is foolish today.

Could be. It's still in the Constitution.

If the 2nd amendment was a good thing every country would want the same but we`re Exhibit A of what a disaster it`s been. Do kids in other countries have to pass through a metal detector to go to school? Try to change that amendment today, and you`ll need to go into hiding. Gunaholics are dangerous people.

Not every country has freedom of speech but I kinda think that is a good thing but still you are simply trying to run around my argument. If you believe it outdated, change it. You can't just ignore it.

To note, I do not own a single gun.

LOL I remember when Cali banned travel for state employees, state funded university sports travel to Red state because they didn't like their laws. :auiqs.jpg:
What is wrong with your education? That's control of state funds, not criminal charges and fines if you do something out of state.

An attempt to destroy our Democracy is indeed more important than inflation. What`s your answer to inflation? The GQP is long on whining but short on solutions.
Too funny.

So now, not agreeing with the left is the equivalent of wanting to destroy our democracy, even though we are NOT a democracy.

Too funny.

"The Freedom to Travel for Health Care Act of 2022, authored by a trio of Democratic female lawmakers -- New York's Kirsten Gillibrand, Nevada's Catherine Cortez Masto and Patty Murray of Washington -- made an argument rooted in the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause that, among other things, essentially allows citizens freedom of travel to states while enjoying equal protection under the law. Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked a bill that would have both legally shielded the people who travel across states lines to receive an abortion and the providers who care for those patients. The blocked bill would codify the ability of people to travel without repercussion from a state where abortion is restricted to another state where it is legal."

I looked at the 14th amendment, it says nothing about Americans being allowed to freely travel across state lines -- especially for the purposes of committing a murder....this is a victory for Republicans and the unborn.....yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board just a few weeks ago were telling us how ridiculous it is to believe Republicans would actually try to block a person's ability to travel across state lines for abortions...yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board were telling us "Relax bro, bitches can still go get abortions in other states" -- but as is usually the case with Republicans, they are full of shit....

Add this to the republican smear campaign over a 10 yr old rape victim and how they essentially said she was lying and the doctors who cared for her were lying....they smeared her because if they had their way, that 10 yr old would be sitting in juvenile detention for trying to abort a pregnancy caused by rape -- because, Murica!! Now Republicans, the so-called small government folks, are going to have to explain to us how exactly do they plan to enforce this?? Will they have check points at the state line demanding to see freedom papers for every car with a female occupant?? Will guns be drawn when they suspect a woman of driving to commit a murder like they normally do when they stop a dangerous suspect? These questions need answers...
freedom of travel (movement) comes from the privledge and immunities clause

see Paul v Virginia

You wish it was that clear cut in your pigeonhole.
No. it simply is. Your denial as always is just laughable.

I am old enough for example to remember when libs actually supported free speech. But no more. You morons no longer care for the freedoms or liberties of anyone if interferes with your clownish agenda.

Last edited:
Then address me, not someone else. Did the founders enact the 2nd to give the people the ability to protect themselves, even from their own government if need be, or not?
We live with eras. A lower tax one and a massive tax one. There are differences.

No. it simply is. Your denial as always is just laughable.

I am old enough for example to remember when libs actually supported free speech. But no more. You morons no longer care for the freedoms or liberties of anyone if interferes with your clownish agenda.
Again you pigeonhole people because your nomenclature is generalized and weak.

Forum List

Back