No, The Constitution Does Not Give You The Freedom To Travel

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"The Freedom to Travel for Health Care Act of 2022, authored by a trio of Democratic female lawmakers -- New York's Kirsten Gillibrand, Nevada's Catherine Cortez Masto and Patty Murray of Washington -- made an argument rooted in the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause that, among other things, essentially allows citizens freedom of travel to states while enjoying equal protection under the law. Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked a bill that would have both legally shielded the people who travel across states lines to receive an abortion and the providers who care for those patients. The blocked bill would codify the ability of people to travel without repercussion from a state where abortion is restricted to another state where it is legal."

I looked at the 14th amendment, it says nothing about Americans being allowed to freely travel across state lines -- especially for the purposes of committing a murder....this is a victory for Republicans and the unborn.....yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board just a few weeks ago were telling us how ridiculous it is to believe Republicans would actually try to block a person's ability to travel across state lines for abortions...yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board were telling us "Relax bro, bitches can still go get abortions in other states" -- but as is usually the case with Republicans, they are full of shit....

Add this to the republican smear campaign over a 10 yr old rape victim and how they essentially said she was lying and the doctors who cared for her were lying....they smeared her because if they had their way, that 10 yr old would be sitting in juvenile detention for trying to abort a pregnancy caused by rape -- because, Murica!! Now Republicans, the so-called small government folks, are going to have to explain to us how exactly do they plan to enforce this?? Will they have check points at the state line demanding to see freedom papers for every car with a female occupant?? Will guns be drawn when they suspect a woman of driving to commit a murder like they normally do when they stop a dangerous suspect? These questions need answers...

Last edited:

"The Freedom to Travel for Health Care Act of 2022, authored by a trio of Democratic female lawmakers -- New York's Kirsten Gillibrand, Nevada's Catherine Cortez Masto and Patty Murray of Washington -- made an argument rooted in the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause that, among other things, essentially allows citizens freedom of travel to states while enjoying equal protection under the law. Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked a bill that would have both legally shielded the people who travel across states lines to receive an abortion and the providers who care for those patients. The blocked bill would codify the ability of people to travel without repercussion from a state where abortion is restricted to another state where it is legal."

I looked at the 14th amendment, it says nothing about Americans being allowed to freely travel across state lines -- especially for the purposes of committing a murder....this is a victory for Republicans and the unborn.....yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board just a few weeks ago were telling us how ridiculous it is to believe Republicans would actually try to block a person's ability to travel across state lines for abortions...yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board were telling us "Relax bro, bitches can still go get abortions in other states" -- but as is usually the case with Republicans, they are full of shit....

Add this to the republican smear campaign over a 10 yr old rape victim and how they essentially said she was lying and the doctor who cared for her were lying....they smeared her because if they had their way, that 10 yr old would be sitting in juvenile detention for trying to abort a pregnancy caused by rape -- because, Murica!! Now Republicans, the so-called small government folks, are going to have to explain to us how exactly do they plan to enforce this?? Will they have check points at the state line demanding to see freedom papers for everyone car with a female occupant?? Will guns be drawn when they suspect a woman of driving to commit a murder like they normally do when they stop a dangerous suspect? These questions need answers...
The state doesn't control your person if they claim they do then it is tyranny.

Article 13 of the human declaration of rights under the privileges and immunity clause of the Constitution backed by the Supreme Court gives Americans the right to freely travel in the US.

No bro, tyranny is when states forced you to wear a mask to go in Starbucks.......
Stopping a pregnant broad from trying to murder her kid, that is justice...
I never had to wear a mask by the state and I never patronize Starbucks since I hate coffee.
You have no authority to stop abortions, nor do you have the power to stop someone from moving freely in the US. You can however try to enforce your tyranny upon yourself.

Add this to the republican smear campaign over a 10 yr old rape victim and how they essentially said she was lying and the doctors who cared for her were lying....they smeared her because if they had their way, that 10 yr old would be sitting in juvenile detention for trying to abort a pregnancy caused by rape -- because, Murica!! Now Republicans, the so-called small government folks, are going to have to explain to us how exactly do they plan to enforce this?? Will they have check points at the state line demanding to see freedom papers for everyone car with a female occupant?? Will guns be drawn when they suspect a woman of driving to commit a murder like they normally do when they stop a dangerous suspect? These questions need answers...
I remember how angry you all were when you thought Kyle Rittenhouse crossed a state line with a gun. Why the sudden change of opinion?

OK so how is the state going to know a woman is pregnant?

Should all women be detained and have a pregnancy test against their will at the border of a state?
They're not. This is all bullshit intended to distract from the deliberately-shitty state of the economy and fuel prices.

The November suicides will be record breaking.

OK so how is the state going to know a woman is pregnant?

Should all women be detained and have a pregnancy test against their will at the border of a state?
Only real women bro, trannies will be free to travel ...as long as they aren't traveling to rape kids like they are always doing....

Only real women bro, trannies will be free to travel ...as long as they aren't traveling to rape kids like they are always doing....
So let me get this straight.

You support that all women be forcibly detained by the state and made to submit to pregnancy tests against their will before they can travel across state lines.

Correct?

Conservatives don't have freedom to travel to New York- where their former governor announced that there is no room for conservatives in the Empire State.

Further, the gun laws of these Liberal Shitholes prohibit out of state Americans from carrying their lawful firearms across state lines.

I acknowledge the right of the tyrants of NY to rule over their subjects with an iron fist. But they need to honor the Constitution and give full faith and credit to the other 49 states.

I remember how angry you all were when you thought Kyle Rittenhouse crossed a state line with a gun. Why the sudden change of opinion?
But I don't recall lying and telling people "relax Bro, no one is trying to stop you from traveling across state lines to 'protect businesses' wink wink-- that no one asked you to protect"

But I definitely saw Trumpers just a few weeks ago saying this exact same thing about abortions...why lie about it?

Conservatives don't have freedom to travel to New York- where their former governor announced that there is no room for conservatives in the Empire State.

Further, the gun laws of these Liberal Shitholes prohibit out of state Americans from carrying their lawful firearms across state lines.

I acknowledge the right of the tyrants of NY to rule over their subjects with an iron fist. But they need to honor the Constitution and give full faith and credit to the other 49 states.
You are more than welcome to point me to the bill that "former Governor" signed into law that restricts "conservatives" from traveling there.....

Or is this just another desperate attempt at deflection??

If you folks are proud of this position, be proud of it all of the time...because yall definitely was not a few weeks ago...

But I don't recall lying and telling people "relax Bro, no one is trying to stop you from traveling across state lines to 'protect businesses' wink wink-- that no one asked you to protect"

But I definitely saw Trumpers just a few weeks ago saying this exact same thing about abortions...why lie about it?
You had a problem with Kyle crossing state lines, but you have no problem with people getting abortions across state lines. You are a hypocrite.

You wont find the same hypocrisy from me. Im fine with Kyle crossing state lines and im fine with pregnant WOMEN crossing states lines to get an abortion.

I have a child that is a trans person and your lies about them being pedophiles is just ugly lies you spread.
can your trans person have children? If not, you have nothing to worry about.....they are free to travel....
As long as they are not traveling to do any grooming and all.....

Add this to the republican smear campaign over a 10 yr old rape victim and how they essentially said she was lying and the doctors who cared for her were lying....they smeared her because if they had their way, that 10 yr old would be sitting in juvenile detention for trying to abort a pregnancy caused by rape -- because, Murica!! Now Republicans, the so-called small government folks, are going to have to explain to us how exactly do they plan to enforce this?? Will they have check points at the state line demanding to see freedom papers for every car with a female occupant?? Will guns be drawn when they suspect a woman of driving to commit a murder like they normally do when they stop a dangerous suspect? These questions need answers...
Amdt14.S1.4.3.2.1 Interstate Travel
Fourteenth Amendment, Section 1:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
The doctrine of the “right to travel” actually encompasses three separate rights, of which two have been notable for the uncertainty of their textual support. The first is the right of a citizen to move freely between states, a right venerable for its longevity, but still lacking a clear doctrinal basis.1 The second, expressly addressed by the first sentence of Article IV, provides a citizen of one state who is temporarily visiting another state the “Privileges and Immunities” of a citizen of the latter state.2 The third is the right of a new arrival to a state, who establishes citizenship in that state, to enjoy the same rights and benefits as other state citizens. This right is most often invoked in challenges to durational residency requirements, which require that persons reside in a state for a specified period of time before taking advantage of the benefits of that state’s citizenship.

I've said for years that the gop getting overly involved in the pro-life movement at the behest of the bible-thumpers was one of the most pants-on-head retarded things that they could do.

I suspect the majority of right-leaners like myself see the utility of abortion as long as there are guardrails attached to the practice.

The dumb shit gop needs to look around.....There are 34% more people in the US now than when I was born in 1955.

can your trans person have children? If not, you have nothing to worry about.....they are free to travel....
As long as they are not traveling to do any grooming and all.....
You have this propensity to groom people to not cross state lines or be jailed because you are a tyrant-loving despot.

You had a problem with Kyle crossing state lines, but you have no problem with people getting abortions across state lines. You are a hypocrite.

You wont find the same hypocrisy from me. Im fine with Kyle crossing state lines and im fine with pregnant WOMEN crossing states lines to get an abortion.
No, I didn't have a problem with Kyle crossing state lines......

I had a problem with the hypocrisy of Kyle crossing state lines, shooting 2 people (no matter who they were) and being able to freely walk around with that gun......

When we all know dic suckers like you rejoice when a 12 yr old kid is gunned down with NO WEAPON

I am against gun control, so know who the fuck you are talking to before I make you look stupid...

Forum List

Back