No, The Constitution Does Not Give You The Freedom To Travel

Imagine thinking not paying for travel to another state is the same as criminalizing travel to another state.....

If you folks were so proud of your positions, why don't you act like it?? Why say "but but but but Democrats did it too" -- sounds like desperate deflection to me...

For example....I support strong labor rights to counter corporate power....period...I don't have to say "but but but Republicans...." to defend that position......

Oh yea, speaking of small minded...imagine being so small minded that you are triggered by the existence of trans people...so triggered that you want to use the power of government to erase their existence...
How is it illegal to travel to another state? Not including if one is on parole or something like that.

I would say it`s stupid talk but I`m familiar enough with pk`s posts to know he or she is not stupid. It`s crazy talk.

Then address me, not someone else. Did the founders enact the 2nd to give the people the ability to protect themselves, even from their own government if need be, or not?

They wrote the 2nd back when the weapon of mass destruction was a cannon......

They had no idea about nukes, fighter jets, etc....

So no, no matter how much some of these right-wing ammosexuals fantasize about fighting a war against the US and overthrowing it -- it won't happen if you don't have a military with the same toys that the US govt has...

Even the colonialists needed help from France to do what they did....guess what country the right-wing ammosexuals will be seeking help from...

The liberal idea that people shouldn't be armed when dealing with the criminal element is absurd. Criminals are generally armed.

And no Liberal, not even you, can guarantee my safety if a couple of thugs approach me on the street with a firearm or other deadly weapon and my only possible responses are hand to hand combat or telling the Thugs to "go fuck themselves". And if I do the former and wrest the gun from the thug, the libs would have me arrested for possessing the firearm.

The liberal idea that people shouldn't be armed when dealing with the criminal element is absurd. Criminals are generally armed.

And no Liberal, not even you, can guarantee my safety if a couple of thugs approach me on the street with a firearm or other deadly weapon and my only possible responses are hand to hand combat or telling the Thugs to "go fuck themselves". And if I do the former and wrest the gun from the thug, the libs would have me arrested for possessing the firearm.
I think people should be armed...I am not a gun control person.......

But I just find it funny that the main folks who constantly jerk off to fantasies of going to war with the US -- (aside from muslim terrorists) -- are right-wing ammosexual terrorists...

and no, I will never be allied with right-wing ammosexual terrorists....

I think people should be armed...I am not a gun control person.......

But I just find it funny that the main folks who constantly jerk off to fantasies of going to war with the US -- (aside from muslim terrorists) -- are right-wing ammosexual terrorists...

and no, I will never be allied with right-wing ammosexual terrorists....

You disagree that someone shouldn't be able to protect themselves from unconstitutional police actions?

Then address me, not someone else. Did the founders enact the 2nd to give the people the ability to protect themselves, even from their own government if need be, or not?
Who decides it's time to "Defend themselves" from the government??

Example.....if right-wingers decided that the 2020 election was the catalyst to take up arms and start gunning down Congressmen, National guardsmen, whoever they deemed to be the enemy -- would you have joined that fight? Because, after all.....they were just doing what the founders intended, right??

Or what about the time period of the 50's and 60's -- when black folks were ACTUALLY OPPRESSED -- not the imaginary shit that right-wingers whine about -- but really OPPRESSED -- if they decided to take up arms against the government -- would you have joined them?? Of course not....because the "founders" didn't even want people like me to have guns, let alone the right to defend themselves from government...which is why I will never be for gun control....and I will never defend every position I have by looking at the founders like Gods...

I am not dumb enough to believe that the main people who are so desperate to go to war and overthrow the US now are people who I would consider allies....

You disagree that someone shouldn't be able to protect themselves from unconstitutional police actions?
You asking a black man if we should be able to defend ourselves from unconstitutional police actions??

I will let the great Robert F. Williams answer that question for you...

_00-rac008 (213).jpg

Who decides it's time to "Defend themselves" from the government??

Example.....if right-wingers decided that the 2020 election was the catalyst to take up arms and start gunning down Congressmen, National guardsmen, whoever they deemed to be the enemy -- would you have joined that fight? Because, after all.....they were just doing what the founders intended, right??

Or what about the time period of the 50's and 60's -- when black folks were ACTUALLY OPPRESSED -- not the imaginary shit that right-wingers whine about -- but really OPPRESSED -- if they decided to take up arms against the government -- would you have joined them?? Of course not....because the "founders" didn't even want people like me to have guns, let alone the right to defend themselves from government...which is why I will never be for gun control....and I will never defend every position I have by looking at the founders like Gods...

I am not dumb enough to believe that the main people who are so desperate to go to war and overthrow the US now are people who I would consider allies....

I wouldn't have joined them in the 50's and 60's as I was either not born or was a little kid BUT I have supported the right of the people to protect themselves from an out of control government.

You don't?

When do you think you were abandoned by the Republican party?? Honest question

Because as someone who was never a Republican, I seen this coming back in the 90's - with Newt Gingrich and Rush leading the charge down the road of depravity politics...

Trump is only saying shit out loud that talk radio hosts have been saying for the past 30 years...

When I turned eighteen, 1982, I registered to vote. I checked Republican on the form.

When Bush went into Iraq I changed my voter registration to Independent. To be fair, I was never one to vote the party line. I voted the issues and the candidate and my conscience. More often than not that fell to the Republican side, but not always...

Trump. Trump was the final straw among many, straws that include his sycophantic worshipers.

Nowadays I classify myself as a moderate and pragmatic conservative, possibly a borderline libertarian.

I wouldn't have joined them in the 50's and 60's as I was either not born or was a little kid BUT I have supported the right of the people to protect themselves from an out of control government.

You don't?
You wouldn't have joined them if you were the age you are now back then-- stop playing dumb.....

So, the people are permitted to be armed to protect themselves from the government.
Yes, that is the theory....

But as a black man, I know that it is still more theory than reality......
So when you folks have the same passion for that bullshit you talking -- when it applies to black folks, Hispanics, gays, muslims, etc -- then talk to us about "overthrowing the govt"

-- because for periods in history when you folks should have been doing just that - yall were mainly on the other side....so yes, folks like me are very skeptical when white folks talk about overthrowing the government...

The 2nd was a stand-in for a military force that we didn`t have at the time. It was not created for us to shoot our elected officials when we disagree with them. The Founders believed in voting.

The 2nd was a stand-in for a military force that we didn`t have at the time. It was not created for us to shoot our elected officials when we disagree with them. The Founders believed in voting.

And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson.

And let's argue you are correct that things have changed since then. The Constitution has not so until you change it, it is still in effect.

"The Freedom to Travel for Health Care Act of 2022, authored by a trio of Democratic female lawmakers -- New York's Kirsten Gillibrand, Nevada's Catherine Cortez Masto and Patty Murray of Washington -- made an argument rooted in the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause that, among other things, essentially allows citizens freedom of travel to states while enjoying equal protection under the law. Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked a bill that would have both legally shielded the people who travel across states lines to receive an abortion and the providers who care for those patients. The blocked bill would codify the ability of people to travel without repercussion from a state where abortion is restricted to another state where it is legal."

I looked at the 14th amendment, it says nothing about Americans being allowed to freely travel across state lines -- especially for the purposes of committing a murder....this is a victory for Republicans and the unborn.....yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board just a few weeks ago were telling us how ridiculous it is to believe Republicans would actually try to block a person's ability to travel across state lines for abortions...yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board were telling us "Relax bro, bitches can still go get abortions in other states" -- but as is usually the case with Republicans, they are full of shit....

Add this to the republican smear campaign over a 10 yr old rape victim and how they essentially said she was lying and the doctors who cared for her were lying....they smeared her because if they had their way, that 10 yr old would be sitting in juvenile detention for trying to abort a pregnancy caused by rape -- because, Murica!! Now Republicans, the so-called small government folks, are going to have to explain to us how exactly do they plan to enforce this?? Will they have check points at the state line demanding to see freedom papers for every car with a female occupant?? Will guns be drawn when they suspect a woman of driving to commit a murder like they normally do when they stop a dangerous suspect? These questions need answers...
Internal passports are coming.

And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson.

And let's argue you are correct that things have changed since then. The Constitution has not so until you change it, it is still in effect.
What sounded like wisdom in the 18th century is foolish today. If the 2nd amendment was a good thing every country would want the same but we`re Exhibit A of what a disaster it`s been. Do kids in other countries have to pass through a metal detector to go to school? Try to change that amendment today, and you`ll need to go into hiding. Gunaholics are dangerous people.

Forum List

Back