Montgomery County to enforce noise outside Supreme Court Justices’ Homes

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
This is a case where a line needs to be drawn where rights to free speech and protest cannot and should not infringe on other peoples’ rights.

I suppose better late than never

Stoddard said “one point of emphasis” would be on a portion of state law that says, “A person from any location may not, by making an unreasonably loud noise, willfully disturb the peace of another,” in public.

Unenforceable as far too vague. Can I have the band playing at the local city park arrested if I believe the sound they are making is unreasonably loud?

Now something could likely be enforced after a certain time as noise ordnances have been upheld after a certain time of night.

Took em long enough. How hard was this to do back at the start of all this? A couple phone calls maybe?

This is a case where a line needs to be drawn where rights to free speech and protest cannot and should not infringe on other peoples’ rights.

Where is the noise ordinance in the Constitution?

Took em long enough. How hard was this to do back at the start of all this? A couple phone calls maybe?
None of this surprises me about Maryland because just yesterday the Mayor of Baltimore (a black woman, as usual --- they all are, and normally are hauled off by the FBI mid-term because of gross bribery and corruption, so they run through a lot of them) said she would NOT enforce the law against the squeegee "kids" who hold up whites coming to the hospitals in Baltimore -- there is no other reason anymore -- for protection money: i.e., give them money or they ruin your car and attack you. They've killed one guy and robbed several people in the last two weeks so it's gotten to be quite a scandal. This has been going on for decades and I remember it well when I used to have to drive through Baltimore: they'd surround your car at any light, five and six of them, and mess up your windows with spray and squeegees that didn't do anything but make it all dirtier and demand money, and more money.

Dems and blacks in cities, same deal, won't enforce any laws that would protect normal people --- not the homes of the Justices and not people driving to Johns Hopkins. We never go into Baltimore for any reason anymore; it's run wild, outlaws.

Where is the noise ordinance in the Constitution?
It’s not. Similarly, my HOA says I can’t set up a Basketball hoop in my driveway but no where in the Constitution does it say I can’t. More relevant, Montgomery County MD says it is illegal to shoot off fireworks yet no where is that prohibited in the Constitution.

Forum List

Back