No, The Constitution Does Not Give You The Freedom To Travel

I'm talking about the Full Faith and Credit clause. If the Sheriff of Mercer County PA has given someone a concealed carry permit, they should be allowed to carry anywhere in the USA including New York.

Even if NY residents aren't able to get a concealed carry permit.

No they should not. That is up to individual states.

No they should not. That is up to individual states.

As far as their own subjects, I agree. But as long as New York is part of America, they need to honor the licenses that Pennsylvania and other states issue.

My cousin has a NY licensed vehicle, yet when my mum passed and she drove to the funeral, it was allowed in the state. As well as it should be.

While the “right to travel” is not explicitly mentioned in the text of the Constitution, it is “firmly embedded” in the Supreme Court’s jurisprudence. See Saenz v. Roe, 526 U.S. 489, 498, 119 S.Ct. 1518, 143 L.Ed.2d 689 (1999). The constitutional right to travel “embraces at least three different components”:
[1] the right of a citizen of one State to enter and to leave another State,
[2] the right to be treated as a welcome visitor rather than an unfriendly alien when temporarily present in the second State, and
[3] for those travelers who elect to be permanent residents, the right to be treated like other citizens of that State.
A law only implicates this right when it actually deters such travel, when impeding travel is its primary objective, or when it uses any classification which serves to penalize the exercise of that right.
Jones v. Cuomo, 542 F.Supp.3d 207 (S.D.N.Y. 2021) (discussing the “right to travel”).

Oh nosies. Libtards are once again confounded that some rights we have precede the Constitution itself. other rights are not mentioned explicitly, but are rationally implied (even necessarily implied) by rights which are a explicitly stated.

As far as their own subjects, I agree. But as long as New York is part of America, they need to honor the licenses that Pennsylvania and other states issue.

My cousin has a NY licensed vehicle, yet when my mum passed and she drove to the funeral, it was allowed in the state. As well as it should be.

No they should not. They should ban people from bringing guns into the state. Too many guns flow from states that have little or no regulation to states that try to protect their citizens.

Crossing state lines comes under the interstate commerce clause. States have no say in interstate commerce.
But the laws are permitting private actors to sue across state lines and against anyone facilitating travel. Thank you SCOTUS.

Again, how many hours devoted to the Jan 6th and how many meager minutes are devoted to the state of our failing economy?
An attempt to destroy our Democracy is indeed more important than inflation. What`s your answer to inflation? The GQP is long on whining but short on solutions.

"The Freedom to Travel for Health Care Act of 2022, authored by a trio of Democratic female lawmakers -- New York's Kirsten Gillibrand, Nevada's Catherine Cortez Masto and Patty Murray of Washington -- made an argument rooted in the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause that, among other things, essentially allows citizens freedom of travel to states while enjoying equal protection under the law. Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked a bill that would have both legally shielded the people who travel across states lines to receive an abortion and the providers who care for those patients. The blocked bill would codify the ability of people to travel without repercussion from a state where abortion is restricted to another state where it is legal."

I looked at the 14th amendment, it says nothing about Americans being allowed to freely travel across state lines -- especially for the purposes of committing a murder....this is a victory for Republicans and the unborn.....yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board just a few weeks ago were telling us how ridiculous it is to believe Republicans would actually try to block a person's ability to travel across state lines for abortions...yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board were telling us "Relax bro, bitches can still go get abortions in other states" -- but as is usually the case with Republicans, they are full of shit....

Add this to the republican smear campaign over a 10 yr old rape victim and how they essentially said she was lying and the doctors who cared for her were lying....they smeared her because if they had their way, that 10 yr old would be sitting in juvenile detention for trying to abort a pregnancy caused by rape -- because, Murica!! Now Republicans, the so-called small government folks, are going to have to explain to us how exactly do they plan to enforce this?? Will they have check points at the state line demanding to see freedom papers for every car with a female occupant?? Will guns be drawn when they suspect a woman of driving to commit a murder like they normally do when they stop a dangerous suspect? These questions need answers...
I looked at the Second Amendment and it doesn't say "assault weapons" or "guns" at all.
The fact is the Constitution says stuff that isn't explicit.

"The Freedom to Travel for Health Care Act of 2022, authored by a trio of Democratic female lawmakers -- New York's Kirsten Gillibrand, Nevada's Catherine Cortez Masto and Patty Murray of Washington -- made an argument rooted in the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause that, among other things, essentially allows citizens freedom of travel to states while enjoying equal protection under the law. Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked a bill that would have both legally shielded the people who travel across states lines to receive an abortion and the providers who care for those patients. The blocked bill would codify the ability of people to travel without repercussion from a state where abortion is restricted to another state where it is legal."

I looked at the 14th amendment, it says nothing about Americans being allowed to freely travel across state lines -- especially for the purposes of committing a murder....this is a victory for Republicans and the unborn.....yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board just a few weeks ago were telling us how ridiculous it is to believe Republicans would actually try to block a person's ability to travel across state lines for abortions...yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board were telling us "Relax bro, bitches can still go get abortions in other states" -- but as is usually the case with Republicans, they are full of shit....

Add this to the republican smear campaign over a 10 yr old rape victim and how they essentially said she was lying and the doctors who cared for her were lying....they smeared her because if they had their way, that 10 yr old would be sitting in juvenile detention for trying to abort a pregnancy caused by rape -- because, Murica!! Now Republicans, the so-called small government folks, are going to have to explain to us how exactly do they plan to enforce this?? Will they have check points at the state line demanding to see freedom papers for every car with a female occupant?? Will guns be drawn when they suspect a woman of driving to commit a murder like they normally do when they stop a dangerous suspect? These questions need answers...

Wrong. You have every right to travel anywhere, anytime you want in the US.

The only question that needs answers is the condition of your mental health.

I'm talking about the Full Faith and Credit clause. If the Sheriff of Mercer County PA has given someone a concealed carry permit, they should be allowed to carry anywhere in the USA including New York.

Even if NY residents aren't able to get a concealed carry permit.

People should be able to carry because the 2nd gives them that right, not because what someone in PA does.

I'm just curious how far these people want to go to prevent abortions

In many cases nowhere far enough. If they did they would support things that would help a woman to decide to keep her baby. Expand access to day care. Health care. Education, etc. They do not.

I'm just curious how far these people want to go to prevent abortions

They are religious fanatic extremists.

These people have the propensity to do anything. These are the people that used to burn women at the stake for suspicion of being witches.

They are religious fanatic extremists.

These people have the propensity to do anything. These are the people that used to burn women at the stake for suspicion of being witches.
I ask you. If we were a low tax nation in all ways, would you be so bold in those statements? Those asses who had power back then are Progs today in a different form.

Notice the reaction from Conservatives on this message board? It falls into 2 categories....

1. Just pretend Republican legislatures trying to pass bills to restrict the travel of American citizens is no big deal, because it hasn't passed yet and if it passes, relax bro, it will be challenged in court...it's all a distraction anyway bro....

Or

2. Fuck yea, take that libs!!! Yay!!!

what you won't see them say is -- this is wrong and Republicans should not be doing this....it will be the correct response but they can't do that because they can't admit that a liberal was right

Forum List

Back