No substance rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get people like kaz who made a statement that he could not back up about me, then attacked me for questioning his bold assertion without evidence.

Troll like that are dealt with sharply, then I move on.

So when I ask you to back up your shit and you don't, you're admitting you can't? Interesting. Not interesting you can't, interesting you finally admitted that
You made the claim, I kicked your butt asking for evidence, and now, you ask me for evidence.

kaz, I did not realize you were that stupid.

Got it. So when you make a claim and I ask you to back up your shit and you don't, you're "admitting you can't."
I don't have to rebut anything if you have made if it is an unevidenced assertion.

Doesn't change what I said Jake since you don't back up shit

The hard right cons were using the neg rep to punish and drive away their opponents.

Stats figured out how to use the system against them, and we broke the hard right.

The mods then, on suggestion, took away the neg rep, and the hard right has been crying ever since.

There actually is more debate now and while there is much whining, it is less than before.

How did "negging" someone drive the opponents away?

Let's start with a simple question: do you think people like being negged?

The hard right cons were using the neg rep to punish and drive away their opponents.

Stats figured out how to use the system against them, and we broke the hard right.

The mods then, on suggestion, took away the neg rep, and the hard right has been crying ever since.

There actually is more debate now and while there is much whining, it is less than before.

They made Jake cry

If a new person joined and they were conservative then liberals negged to them into a hole that no number of thread starts or comments could pull them free of. So they quit and went to other sites where that abuse was not supported or tolerated by those options.

I wasn't here, but that certainly sounds very plausible. I can imagine that this may have happened to some on the left as well.

80% of this site does not actually debate. They just insult you, meander, and resort to a variety of other petty debating tactics.

I usually get called an idiot (a very unoriginal insult) and my arguments get deflected, and then everyone starts ganging up and doing the same thing.

Go ahead and insult all you want, but at least give me something to respond to rather than forcing me to walk away or get involved in a flame war.

Wouldn't a "no substance" rating be wonderful? Something you could use on people who do not bring up any actual points of discussion in their post.

You mean like when I said I think we should have basic government with only basic services like police and military that are not practical without government and you called me ignorant, a sycophant and a Statist? Yes, that was a response showing me the great civility in debate you desire ... [/sarcasm]

I'd start with yourself ...

The neg rep system leads to neg rep wars. Comments drop and attacks increase. At least with a comment you can defend or use your ignore option and move on.

The value of a board is based on membership size and active rate of members. It bank loan/sale value is based on those numbers.

So whatever destroys interaction good or bad and depletes members numbers is BAD for the bottom line. And when a system or group harms the bottom line it needs to go.

I will give you that you personally didn't use negative rep a lot. But wow, you think the left preferred not to use negative rep and the right did? The reason for that, Jake, is the left agreed with you. Think about that ...

If a new person joined and they were conservative then liberals negged to them into a hole that no number of thread starts or comments could pull them free of. So they quit and went to other sites where that abuse was not supported or tolerated by those options.

The rep the site got {Jabber Reports} was even worse and is STILL out there costing members. Because those who read site reviews BEFORE they come here simply don't.
You are, actually, describing what the hard line crazy right did, and when it was stopped, they cried at Jabber.

You get people like kaz who made a statement that he could not back up about me, then attacked me for questioning his bold assertion without evidence.

Troll like that are dealt with sharply, then I move on.

So when I ask you to back up your shit and you don't, you're admitting you can't? Interesting. Not interesting you can't, interesting you finally admitted that
You made the claim, I kicked your butt asking for evidence, and now, you ask me for evidence.

kaz, I did not realize you were that stupid.

Got it. So when you make a claim and I ask you to back up your shit and you don't, you're "admitting you can't."
I don't have to rebut anything if you have made if it is an unevidenced assertion.
Doesn't change what I said Jake since you don't back up shit
Another bold assertion.

Tell me why would a neg rep on an anonymous message board mean anything to anyone?

You do realize that the point system on a message board is absolutely meaningless don't you?

Of course to admit that means you can't claim to "win" the internet anymore and that seems to be all many people here have

kaz, au contraire, I used it like a demon with people like liability, koshergrl, reb, the odd one, pole rider, and some others on the hard right. IOW, I gave what I got, and then some.

I do think the Board is much better without neg rep.

Tell me why would a neg rep on an anonymous message board mean anything to anyone?You do realize that the point system on a message board is absolutely meaningless don't you?Of course to admit that means you can't claim to "win" the internet anymore and that seems to be all many people here have
But that is you saying this, skull. You have never understood the link between theory and practice. Your link bone is generally broken. Yes, kaz, that is a bold assertion.

I guess if you have self esteem issues it would. I didn't care either way, of course I take nothing or anyone seriously on this board, you are only here for my entertainment.

The rep the site got {Jabber Reports} was even worse and is STILL out there costing members. Because those who read site reviews BEFORE they come here simply don't.

There was a conservative wolf pack also

New members were attacked for benign comments of the opposite political spectrum. If they tried to neg back, they were mocked and more (higher value) neg was dropped on them

Mods responded with an "opt out" feature which enraged the conservative wolf pack

Tell me why would a neg rep on an anonymous message board mean anything to anyone?You do realize that the point system on a message board is absolutely meaningless don't you?Of course to admit that means you can't claim to "win" the internet anymore and that seems to be all many people here have
But that is you saying this, skull. You have never understood the link between theory and practice. Your link bone is generally broken. Yes, kaz, that is a bold assertion.

I post plenty of links.

I just don't suck my thumb and cry when some anonymous internet poster neg reps me just like I don't pat myself on the back if some anonymous internet poster likes what I post

Last edited:
80% of this site does not actually debate. They just insult you, meander, and resort to a variety of other petty debating tactics.

I usually get called an idiot (a very unoriginal insult) and my arguments get deflected, and then everyone starts ganging up and doing the same thing.

Go ahead and insult all you want, but at least give me something to respond to rather than forcing me to walk away or get involved in a flame war.

Wouldn't a "no substance" rating be wonderful? Something you could use on people who do not bring up any actual points of discussion in their post.
Telling you and other conservatives that you're wrong is not an "insult," you're simply in fact wrong.

That makes sense.

You are, actually, describing what the hard line crazy right did, and when it was stopped, they cried at Jabber.
No I am not, there are MANY complaints there about as I called them "Clown Trash". The system was abused by MANY for many different reasons but mostly by clown trash.

It hurt the site and you may not remember me but I was here in 2011. For five whole comments. CK had two problems to face with this board right off the bat. 1, The platform was EL SUCKO and could barely work on a good day. 2, And when he got a working platform he had a rep war going on.

That rep war was outright ignorance of those members who were posting on HIS dime destroying HIS site. And HE let them off lucky. I myself would have banned them IN thread IN public. It would have been a SLAUGHTER.

CK was very, very benevolent in that case, far more then I would have been.

There was a conservative wolf pack also

New members were attacked for benign comments of the opposite political spectrum. If they tried to neg back, they were mocked and more (higher value) neg was dropped on them

Mods responded with an "opt out" feature which enraged the conservative wolf pack

I remember the neg button and the rating stuff, however I didn't real all the games that the two sides played with it. Ratings never mattered to me. If I need approval on a message board, I have bigger issues then a rating.

No I am not, there are MANY complaints there about as I called them "Clown Trash". The system was abused by MANY for many different reasons but mostly by clown trash.

It hurt the site and you may not remember me but I was here in 2011. For five whole comments. CK had two problems to face with this board right off the bat. 1, The platform was EL SUCKO and could barely work on a good day. 2, And when he got a working platform he had a rep war going on.

That rep war was outright ignorance of those members who were posting on HIS dime destroying HIS site. And HE let them off lucky. I myself would have banned them IN thread IN public. It would have been a SLAUGHTER.

CK was very, very benevolent in that case, far more then I would have been.

Yes, he was very kind to the hard right. He merely took away the neg rep. Anyone can go to Jabber and see who is complaining, DF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back