No Rapture

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. The disciples seeing Jesus walk after He was crucified; and those who have actually been taken in the spirit to be shown the heavenly realm. The word term rapture is based on the belief of being "caught up" as these things are written about throughout the Bible.

There is absolutely no scripture in the entire Bible that states "To be absent from the body is to be with the Lord." You need to go back and read what that scripture actually says and refrain from adding to it. The Rapture Doctrine is a false doctrine.
When the holy spirit within is absent it is present with the Lord. Regardless of what you may think. Now on the way it has been taught by some is another story entirely.

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. The disciples seeing Jesus walk after He was crucified; and those who have actually been taken in the spirit to be shown the heavenly realm. The word term rapture is based on the belief of being "caught up" as these things are written about throughout the Bible.

There is absolutely no scripture in the entire Bible that states "To be absent from the body is to be with the Lord." You need to go back and read what that scripture actually says and refrain from adding to it. The Rapture Doctrine is a false doctrine.
When the holy spirit within is absent it is present with the Lord. Regardless of what you may think. Now on the way it has been taught by some is another story entirely.

Yes, the Holy Spirit may return to the Lord. Where the Holy Spirit goes is nowhere discussed. Paul plainly tells you in 2 Thes. 1:10 and also in 2 Thes. 2:1 - 2:3. when the saved gather together unto the Lord. He wrote 2 Thes. in attempt to correct all the misunderstanding of what he wrote in 1 Thes, but apparently that failed also. It would have been better had he just kept his mouth shut.

Yes, the Holy Spirit may return to the Lord. Where the Holy Spirit goes is nowhere discussed. Paul plainly tells you in 2 Thes. 1:10 and also in 2 Thes. 2:1 - 2:3. when the saved gather together unto the Lord. He wrote 2 Thes. in attempt to correct all the misunderstanding of what he wrote in 1 Thes, but apparently that failed also. It would have been better had he just kept his mouth shut.
People teach from their own experience, what they have learned, been taught or what has been shown to them. Sometimes it is easy to misunderstand. Most generally as humans we do not consider the spirit and we tend to think more towards the carnal flesh while living as carnal beings here in the earth. Its is just a normal human reaction.

People teach from their own experience, what they have learned, been taught or what has been shown to them. Sometimes it is easy to misunderstand. Most generally as humans we do not consider the spirit and we tend to think more towards the carnal flesh while living as carnal beings here in the earth. Its is just a normal human reaction.

God gave each of us a brain. It's up to us to use it. Read Scripture for what it actually says and not what you want it to say and you'll be a lot better off for it and not be mocked by some of these atheists who understand what the Scriptures are actually saying better than you do. You're not doing Christ nor Christianity a service when you misquote Scripture or add to it. Leave it alone and let it speak for itself.

God gave each of us a brain. It's up to us to use it. Read Scripture for what it actually says and not what you want it to say and you'll be a lot better off for it and not be mocked by some of these atheists who understand what the Scriptures are actually saying better than you do. You're not doing Christ nor Christianity a service when you misquote Scripture or add to it. Leave it alone and let it speak for itself.
Whoever can mock all they like it does them no favors to them selves. I take what I have seen, the Word and what I have been allowed to see through the eyes of having the Holy Spirit with me. You may do the same. It is a matter of choice as the Lord truly forces no one, nor does the Lord boast or act ignorant. Then again you will have to learn that for your self.

Whoever can mock all they like it does them no favors to them selves. I take what I have seen, the Word and what I have been allowed to see through the eyes of having the Holy Spirit with me. You may do the same. It is a matter of choice as the Lord truly forces no one, nor does the Lord boast or act ignorant. Then again you will have to learn that for your self.

Look, I'm not singling you out to pick on you. Far from it. This board is hostile to all Christians. It is bad enough when any Christian posts something on here that he can justify by correctly applying the Scriptures. When one posts something that is so obviously in error and can so easily be totally disproved, then he/she is doing harm toward other Christians on the board. Just be certain you are totally capable of proving what you post through the correct reading and application of the Scriptures.

Look, I'm not singling you out to pick on you. Far from it. This board is hostile to all Christians. It is bad enough when any Christian posts something on here that he can justify by correctly applying the Scriptures. When one posts something that is so obviously in error and can so easily be totally disproved, then he/she is doing harm toward other Christians on the board. Just be certain you are totally capable of proving what you post through the correct reading and application of the Scriptures.
If someone is injured in some manner that person maybe should take a very strong look into themselves and their own mannerism.
A thought for all Christians or any religion for that matter;

"Never force someone to make a space in their life for you, because if they know your worth, they will surely create one for you!"

To my notion a true Christian said the above even if they do not know yet that they belong to Jesus Christ.

Enoch and Elijah, Matthew 24:40, Luke 17:34.

The word rapture is not in the bible

rushed, caught up, but not rapture

The Greek word "harpazo"...to be caught up...translates in Latin to "raptus", which translates to English as Rapture.

The only problem here is that the "falling away" simply means "apostasy" and is correctly rendered as such by Strongs Concordance. Common sense should tell you that nothing falls up.
Harpazo means "caught up".

Read I Thessalonians 4:17 then Revelations 12:5.

Same word, same principle.

The word rapture appears nowhere in the Bible. Yet so called fundamentalist Christians have somehow created a fanciful interpretation out of Thessalonians that is the foundation of their belief. Where is the theological justification? Talk about stretching a metaphor.......there is no rapture anywhere in the Bible. Therefore so called Christian fundamentalists have no basis for their beliefs.
True, given the fact there is no 'god' as perceived by theists, where religion and 'god' are creations of man, just as the bible was written by men, not a 'deity,' devoid of authority and documented facts.

The notion of 'rapture' just another Christian myth.
Not exactly a new bold groundbreaking position. Of course it's impossible to argue with the impeccable logic of atheists, as far as their argument goes anyway. On the other hand all their arguments end up as blind alleys based on superficial premise. No doubt you believe your thinking is based on rational conclusions of sound reasoning and indisputable logic. Given the fact that there about a million or so psychological studies that demonstrate how most human decision making is based primarily on emotional responses.......how do you know your own reasoning isn't simply a rationalization of your own emotions? I loved to watch how Christopher Hitchens would craft his arguments, flawless reasoning, compelling logic. The same goes for Richard Dawkins. But have you ever seen how either of these gentleman(scions of atheism) would respond when some part of their premise was questioned? They would almost invariably respond defensively with obvious anger and outrage; an emotional response. If atheists arguments are based on some pure form of deductive reasoning why does a challenge elicit an emotional response?
There's nothing 'groundbreaking' about acknowledging facts and the truth.

The bible was written by men, not a 'deity,' and is devoid of documented facts and authority.

And there is no 'god' as perceived by theists – there is no omnipotent extraterrestrial entity that 'hears' prayers, 'intercedes' on the behalf of humans, and 'issues edicts' of religious doctrine and dogma all must obey, lest transgressors are subject to some sort of postmortem 'punishment.'

For some 'god' might exist as a metaphor – the collective goodness of man and the like; but there's no 'god' as perceived by theists.

The mistake theists make to incorrectly believe that their religion and 'god' are the 'status quo,' the consequence of their arrogance and pride, where those free from faith are the 'aberration,' when in fact the opposite is the case.
Archeology says otherwise

The Greek word "harpazo"...to be caught up...translates in Latin to "raptus", which translates to English as Rapture.

The only problem here is that the "falling away" simply means "apostasy" and is correctly rendered as such by Strongs Concordance. Common sense should tell you that nothing falls up.

Indeed. Who does the catching up? The angels. When does this occur? At the last day. At the end of the world when Christ returns to earth to set up His earthly kingdom. No rapture. Simply the first resurrection - the resurrection of the Just who come forth from their graves ( not from Heaven or Hell) while the Justified who are alive are changed and rise together at the very same times as the Just dead. It is simply referred to in the Bible as the first resurrection. Actually, according to the Bible, the Tares are gathered first, bundled and burnt before the Just are resurrected or the live ones are changed.

Indeed. Who does the catching up? The angels. When does this occur? At the last day. At the end of the world when Christ returns to earth to set up His earthly kingdom. No rapture. Simply the first resurrection - the resurrection of the Just who come forth from their graves ( not from Heaven or Hell) while the Justified who are alive are changed and rise together at the very same times as the Just dead. It is simply referred to in the Bible as the first resurrection. Actually, according to the Bible, the Tares are gathered first, bundled and burnt before the Just are resurrected or the live ones are changed.

That could be. I've heard it interpreted both ways.

This is why I don't get deeply into end-time prophecy.

All I needed to know was no one would know the day or the hour and to be ready always.

I'd rather read the Gospels.

That could be. I've heard it interpreted both ways.

This is why I don't get deeply into end-time prophecy.

All I needed to know was no one would know the day or the hour and to be ready always.

I'd rather read the Gospels.

He certainly said that. Set a Watchman. He will come again.

The rapture already happened, we're what was left behind.

Then never ever talk about Hebrew scripture until you know what the Hebrew reveals least you miss in translation the most important parts and be part of the miss direction.

Then never ever talk about Hebrew scripture until you know what the Hebrew reveals least you miss in translation the most important parts and be part of the miss direction.

Translators are a dime a dozen. I'm certain you claim to be another one. "YAWN"

Forum List

Back