No Rapture

I rest my case....you want to spew your ignorance about books you don't know what it says and refuse being corrected or learn about those errors thus it's by affiliation pride and human ego not faith and not truth.
All I said was read it in Hebrew and you couldn't even keep my short post straight to it's meaning, so imagine a whole book in another language that you refuse to recognize the importance of.

I rest my case....you want to spew your ignorance about books you don't know what it says and refuse being corrected or learn about those errors thus it's by affiliation pride and human ego not faith and not truth.
All I said was read it in Hebrew and you couldn't even keep my short post straight to it's meaning, so imagine a whole book in another language that you refuse to recognize the importance of.

No. I simply conclude that those guys who translated it were closer to it than any of you who claim they mistranslated it. You don't need to translate it for me, it has already been done. Go tout your superior knowledge and intelligence on someone else.

I am struggling to understand what the relevance is of whether or not the word "rapture" appears in the Bible?

No. I simply conclude that those guys who translated it were closer to it than any of you who claim they mistranslated it. You don't need to translate it for me, it has already been done. Go tout your superior knowledge and intelligence on someone else.

No once again you TRANSLATE MY POST WRONG TO THE INTENDED MEANING.
Do you know why I said read that part in Hebrew? NO. You keep assuming why and ranting about it.
So now I'll tell you.
Sometimes when translating you use todays meaning not the Biblical era expression where the sage is using poetic license to describe likeness in appearances.
Sometimes transliteration from pronunciation changes the word you translate. Sometimes your translation outright lies about the Hebrew word definition.
Sometimes the defined word is made a name thus form, other times the opposite you take a name & translate it to it's meaning thus blot out a name.
Your Bible tells you that you would blot out the name. So once again why do you refuse to read the Hebrew and blot out the name if you are not in opposition and adversary?

Last edited:

No once again you TRANSLATE MY POST WRONG TO THE INTENDED MEANING.
Do ypi know why I said read that oart on Hebrew? NO. You keep assuming why and ranting about it.
So now I'll tell you.
Sometimes when translating you use todays meaning not the Biblical era expression where the sage is using pietic license to describe likeness in appearances.
Sometimes transliteration from pronunciation changes the word you translate. Sometimes your translation outright lies about the Hebrew word definition.
Sometimes the defined word is made a name thus form, othertimes the opposite you take a name & translate it to it's meaning thus blot out a name.
Your Bible tells you that you would blot out the name. So once again why do you refuse to read the Hebrew and blot out the name if you are not in opposition and adversary?

Hell I can't even understand a part of what you wrote her you made so many mistakes. LOL!!

There's over 50,000
errors and contradictions in the NT, so you just proved my point.

The word rapture appears nowhere in the Bible. Yet so called fundamentalist Christians have somehow created a fanciful interpretation out of Thessalonians that is the foundation of their belief. Where is the theological justification? Talk about stretching a metaphor.......there is no rapture anywhere in the Bible. Therefore so called Christian fundamentalists have no basis for their beliefs.

they're only fundies when it comes to the things they want to hear.

i'm pretty sure they mix fibers

I don't think the word "Christian" is in there, as far as that goes. So did we decide the op was irrelevant?

I don't think the word "Christian" is in there, as far as that goes. So did we decide the op was irrelevant?
There is no description of any rapture.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 “Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.”

1 Corinthians 15:51-53 “Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.”

The rapture is a nineteenth century heresy created by British evangelicals and then transported to America.

Yea, Granny fit to be tied...

... she got all dressed up...

... durin' dat supermoon thing...

... an' den she'd no place to go.

Anyone else wondering how long on the day of the supposed Rapture Christians waited for it before giving up to do other things? :) Picturing them sighing despondantly then getting ready for work or school. :)

1 Thessalonians 4:17 “Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.”
I've read the whole thing, not just the excerpts you've provided. Still no mention or even a vague description of any rapture. Just a wild ass interpretation by so called Christian fundamentalists. Funny they should call themselves that.....since they've forgotten all about the fundamental messages of Christ.

Sounds rapturous to me.

Lord of the air=Beliel
Their adversary religion says the God of the earth is Satan.
I'm not an ancient alien enthusiast but it seems to me and Sounds like a battle between Creator of life against Beliel worshipers (death worshipers) is a
Earthlings vs Aliens scenerio...
Are Christians worshiping Luciferous aliens?
If not then why did a luciferous light come to Paul and Constantine calling itself Jesus?
Why do they call the God of life on earth as their Satan while Life creator worshipers call Beliel (sky god) their adversary satan?
Why then are you seeking to go up to your mother ships and act like you are from another planet? :)

Forum List

Back