No politician has EVER brought a tear to my eye. Santorum just did

So? What's your point?

From my initial post:

'Every life is precious and full of potential.'

Seems silly coming from an atheist. Carbon particles is carbon particles.

Are you claiming that it takes religion to believe in life?

No, I think any atheist who 'believes' absolutes such as good, bad, and precious can be meaningfully attributed to chains of carbon particles is a pretender.

Any other conclusion is illogical and devoid of reason.

i see you went after the conservative first. but again do what u want, it matters not, some people see it for what it is.

The Doc, did not defend duddley dowrong, he just said that there was a conservative doing the same, and that you could not judge all democrats based on luddly's post. Just as we should not judge all Christians or conservatives based on how sniper fire is reacting to Grampa.

Sniper Fire, you are being just like luddly, and in that you are coming across as mean and self righteous. Is that really what you want?

yes he did instead of saying "hey dont lump us all together i have my own opinions" he goes into a defensive stance of how dare you call on a dem for having the freedom of speech and since you too should have it, i think ill go after you" he was very forthright and competely standing his own ground, dr was, *roll my eyes* if you believe everyone has the freedom of speech and we dont acorrding to laws, than you dont create the double standard, Luddly has the right to spew hate, but you dont have the right to lump all dems, incorrect of me to say i agree, him going after a personal poster for the same right, double standard.

I don't know where you came up with all that nonsense, but I said nothing of the sort.

From my initial post:

No, I think any atheist who 'believes' absolutes such as good, bad, and precious can be meaningfully attributed to chains of carbon particles is a pretender.

Oh the irony :cuckoo:

I have been confronted by many about you just being a troll SF. I tried to withhold judgment thinking maybe you were just trying to irritate the left but it seems you have no limits to your narrow judgment of others. It's people like you that the left molds their idea that the right is a small tent party after.

While I do agree with some things you post even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

As it goes I WAS once a true believer until my god chose to take people I loved from me on the very day I celebrate my birth. You are like my ex-wife, the reason I will never go back to those beliefs.

Learn to deal with people of different beliefs or be relegated to a lonely life.

I am so sorry for your loss, but God did not do that to you my friend.

It rains on the just and the unjust... its just life, and sometimes it sucks balls.

Please pm me if ya ever just want to chat about it... believe me, I understand Gramps.

I understand as well, wish I did not, but I do. That is what makes what some are saying on this thread even more egregious

From my initial post:

And I think that is the dumbest shit I've read in awhile. And that's sad considering TM and rdean post a lot.

From my initial post:

SF even im having a problem with this line of thought. im sorry im all for you believing what you wish and i try to see the other side, but i think you got sidetracked and maybe going off on a bad path. you are correct to think as you wish but the rest of us are having a time trying to figure it out.

SF even im having a problem with this line of thought. im sorry im all for you believing what you wish and i try to see the other side, but i think you got sidetracked and maybe going off on a bad path. you are correct to think as you wish but the rest of us are having a time trying to figure it out.

Well, let's look at it this way.

In a meaningless universe, can strings of atoms have absolute values of - say - good or evil - beyond what we pretend them to be, using our overly active imagination?

I think the answer is quite simple.

And I think that is the dumbest shit I've read in awhile. And that's sad considering TM and rdean post a lot.

One thing you need to understand, gramps, is that I am absolutely, 100% unflappable.
This ain't my first rodeo. I agree with you 95% of the time, and you don't need to continue the discussion on this one.

In a meaningless universe, can strings of atoms have absolute values of - say - good or evil - beyond what we pretend them to be, using our overly active imagination?

if you think things are meaningless as you say than so are definitions, define good or evil or alive or death? if life as no meaning, than why play the game?

From my initial post:

I don't see how not believing in God makes one unable to see and appreciate natural law and eternal truth. It's true that when you understand God and His plan that things become much more obvious and natural law and Eternal truth are easier to learn, but sometimes you need to learn them so you can learn that there is a God.

I dont really see how the path you are pursuing with this reasoning is helping anything.

One thing you need to understand, gramps, is that I am absolutely, 100% unflappable.
This ain't my first rodeo. I agree with you 95% of the time, and you don't need to continue the discussion on this one.

Need is not the reason. Trying to understand your irrational responses to me is what's driving me at this point. I see you trying to rationalize your position through some crazy deep philosophical reasoning but it just doesn't fly.
For example most people don't turn their music up loud enough to risk going to jail or pissing off their neighbors. But they also don't do it out of fear of god or cops. In fact most people wouldn't do it simply because it's wrong. ( me withstanding of course ) so your all or nothing philosophical ideals fall flat.

I have nothing left to reason with to understand your absurd position on my thread.

if you think things are meaningless as you say than so are definitions, define good or evil or alive or death? if life as no meaning, than why play the game?

But I don't think we have a meaningless existence. By default, an atheist does. Now, an atheist will lash out at that one, and attempt an argument devoid of logic and reason to try and convince us that there actually is real, intrinsic meaning in an otherwise meaningless universe.

As you see, that argument is stupid on its face. Any 'meaning' is only what they pretend it to be, using their active imagination. Nothing more.

Last edited:
Part of me thinks you found offense to my OP as a Christian. But then knowing the bible like I used to it doesn't fly when your responses are taken into account.

I think maybe you're just trolling. Had a few to drink maybe?

Part of me thinks you found offense to my OP as a Christian. But then knowing the bible like I used to it doesn't fly when your responses are taken into account.

hes def not trolling and putting out his pov, least we be offended he does that, i think not lets both try to understand his point and learn from it.

But I don't think we have a meaningless existence. By default, an atheist does. Now, an atheist will lash out at that one, and attempt an argument devoid of logic and reason to try and convince us that there actually is real, intrinsic meaning in an otherwise meaningless universe.

As you see, that argument is stupid on its face. Any 'meaning' is only what they pretend it to be, using their active imagination. Nothing more.

Why is religion a requirement to believing life is "meaningful"?

It's a pride thing. At this point he is more worried about convincing himself that he is right than to recognize that different people have different ideas and have learned different things.

Not really sure that it's worth it.

I have had this discussion several times with many people, gramps. You are putting it off as judging you and trolling because you are uncomfortable with the subject matter.

I get it. You are excused.

Why is religion a requirement to believing life is "meaningful"?

Life either has intrinsic meaning, or life has no intrinsic meaning. It is one or the other.

Agreed?

I have had this discussion several times with many people, gramps. You are putting it off as judging you and trolling because you are uncomfortable with the subject matter.

I get it. You are excused.

And what discussion would that be? How you judge other people?

I'm excused? Lol ok

Forum List

Back